Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly "vs another member".

Seeing as what I said has just been backed up by the poster I was in discussion with for all of about 5/6 posts...

Address the topic and not the poster.

Seeming as people are whipping out their stats and tables and whatnot, anyone got any stats on the difference between his goalscoring when he started compared to when he was on the bench?

tumblr_mih69qJawS1r34amfo1_500.gif

noise said:
jft20b said:
So much pressure on navas from some blues.

I dont know what people are expecting, just because we have a winger doesnt mean dzeko is just going to start banging them in.

Let's first agree on the facts. Dzeko IS banging them in.

second highest goals per minute striker in the league. The biggest difference this time is that Pellegrini may use Dzeko as the first option. And Navas will bring even more service to Dzeko, who's never stopped scoring goals for us.

I dont deem 12 goals as banging them in. but, a stat can be put in there any which way you like.

Give me 22 in 2500 everytime. Id rather the goals on the score board than say "well he scored every 119 minutes he played, which was second best in the league"

I dont disagree though, he can bang them, and hopefully will. My point was more about people expecting jesus to be the internal savoiur of Dzeko(sorry couldnt resist.)

If our build up play improves, which it should under new management, then hopefully, we will see a improvement from aguero aswell. All the strikers struggled last year because the tempo and passing of our build up play was terrible. So lacklustre at times, it was painful to watch.

Given the slumps in Dzeko's scoring, and his lack of pace, movement and poor attitude towards the end of last season, I assumed he was leaving this summer, and I wasn't too disappointed in it. However, with Balotelli and now Tevez gone, and Guidetti not in a position to be relied upon I really can't see Dzeko going anywhere this summer. We already need a new striker, possibly 2, we can't let Dzeko leave as that means 2, maybe 3, new strikers, which is a lot of change in just one area of the team. Dzeko really needs to get his arse in gear though and cut out those performances where it's an absolute waste of a shirt having him on the pitch. He can be effective and score goals, but when he's neither of those things (which happens too regularly for my liking) we always struggle.

Matty said:
Given the slumps in Dzeko's scoring, and his lack of pace, movement and poor attitude towards the end of last season, I assumed he was leaving this summer, and I wasn't too disappointed in it. However, with Balotelli and now Tevez gone, and Guidetti not in a position to be relied upon I really can't see Dzeko going anywhere this summer. We already need a new striker, possibly 2, we can't let Dzeko leave as that means 2, maybe 3, new strikers, which is a lot of change in just one area of the team. Dzeko really needs to get his arse in gear though and cut out those performances where it's an absolute waste of a shirt having him on the pitch. He can be effective and score goals, but when he's neither of those things (which happens too regularly for my liking) we always struggle.

I agree with you. I think we will play much faster and more aggressive football this year, so I believe that Pelle will utilize him the best way he can.

AzRim said:
Pudge vs another member - super-quoting coming up for the next 8 pages.

Actually, in the last 250 pages there have only been 6 instances of Pudge v another member stats battles. The first lasted 6 pages and contained 734 words, the next only lasted 5 pages, but contained 917 words, including 247 quoted words from previous posts (i.e. not really new words). The third was the longest at 8 pages and 1160 words, although if you again remove quotes, it's only the second longest at 902. However, taking into account that the 917 word instance also had 247 quoted words, that would still make the third the longest. The fourth included the most individual posters, with 7 separate posters taking part (although some of them could be the same person on more than one account) and the fifth had the most underlinings for emphasis, although it was the shortest at 4 pages, 3 different posters and 397 words. The sixth was the most interesting if you include number of views and the number of posts by each viewer (assuming larger numbers of posts mean a greater interest in Bluemoon topics), although if you only include views and posts on this (or other) Dzeko threads, then the 6th instance actually drops to 3rd place in terms of interest.

Any questions?

CaliforniaBlue said:
AzRim said:
Pudge vs another member - super-quoting coming up for the next 8 pages.

Actually, in the last 250 pages there have only been 6 instances of Pudge v another member stats battles. The first lasted 6 pages and contained 734 words, the next only lasted 5 pages, but contained 917 words, including 247 quoted words from previous posts (i.e. not really new words). The third was the longest at 8 pages and 1160 words, although if you again remove quotes, it's only the second longest at 902. However, taking into account that the 917 word instance also had 247 quoted words, that would still make the third the longest. The fourth included the most individual posters, with 7 separate posters taking part (although some of them could be the same person on more than one account) and the fifth had the most underlinings for emphasis, although it was the shortest at 4 pages, 3 different posters and 397 words. The sixth was the most interesting if you include number of views and the number of posts by each viewer (assuming larger numbers of posts mean a greater interest in Bluemoon topics), although if you only include views and posts on this (or other) Dzeko threads, then the 6th instance actually drops to 3rd place in terms of interest.

Any questions?

[bigimg]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465[/bigimg]

No but seriously lol.. how did u get that kind of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.