Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those looking to downplay Nimely's efforts to lessen criticism of Dzeko, even neutral announcers commented that he did better than Dzeko.

@BluePhil8 said:
I can't believe we have sold Balotelli and Tevez and are keeping Dzeko.

Honestly, apart from his horrific touch and poor build up play, the guy is just lazy.

I thought after the spurs match that was it, goodbye Dzeko. Not only did Mancini continue to play him though, but now we aren't selling him?

What a shame. Hopefully we will sign Jovetic and he and Aguero will keep donkey-touch-Dzeko away from the first team.
We probably can't sell him.
The only option we had was Dortmund, even that was only going to happen if Lewandowski left which isn't going to happen till next season.

I don't see any other team in Europe interested in him.

Mountaineer is spot on here. For some reason that I have never understood, our club have had a selection of players that some fans seek to undermine and drive from the club, Bowyer and Edghill being just two names who immediately spring to mind. Kolarov and Dzeko are the latest to join that unhappy group.

It's very rare that an unsupported player will produce their best so I do not understand why this section of fans do it. Edin is a top class player who we are very lucky to have and in my forty four years on this earth, one of the very best strikers we have had. This is a season, almost more than any other, to really get behind EVERY player so that they deliver their best form and we have a chance of winning back the title. If Pelligrini deems that Edin stays, let's get off his back and push him to glory.

I will admit that at the start of the window I was a Dzeko outer, but as it looks like he will be with us next season I stand by him and will give him my maximum support.

He really needs to improve his workrate and touch though, if people think just giving it Navas and getting him to swing balls in all the time will get Dzeko 20 + goals then they are wrong and very naive.

Let's just see how he fairs in a first XI with Silva, Navas and Kun with Pellegrini's tactics, I hope he does well but at this moment I have my doubts.

oldius said:
Mountaineer is spot on here. For some reason that I have never understood, our club have had a selection of players that some fans seek to undermine and drive from the club, Bowyer and Edghill being just two names who immediately spring to mind. Kolarov and Dzeko are the latest to join that unhappy group.

It's very rare that an unsupported player will produce their best so I do not understand why this section of fans do it. Edin is a top class player who we are very lucky to have and in my forty four years on this earth, one of the very best strikers we have had. This is a season, almost more than any other, to really get behind EVERY player so that they deliver their best form and we have a chance of winning back the title. If Pelligrini deems that Edin stays, let's get off his back and push him to glory.
I'm fine with the player, and I'm fine with supporting the player. Oddly, quite a few very loud Dzeko supporters are just fine trashing every other player and manager and support staff member and anyone else. Funny how complete unquestioning dedication is only supposed to be directed to one player.

People on here criticize him and in the pub but in the stands I have never heard anything but quiet mutterings about Dzeko's performances.

He gets loud support from the stands every single game.

I doubt he comes on here as well.

So all this bollocks about giving him support is nonsense.

Something like the songs Chelsea fans sung about Benayoun I would say would hurt his performances and are out of order but you get nothing like that from City fans.

Mountaineer said:
I guess I'll post my thoughts as someone who has watched Dzeko for most of his career.

As long as I've been reading this forum, I've always wondered just how and why do certain members manage to blame one player for everything even when the entire team plays like crap. Dzeko plays a half and doesn't score, he sucks. Aguero plays a half and doesn't score -- nobody says anything nearly as negative.

Despite being a complete monster in the Bundesliga and despite being a monster for his national team, some City fans are so convinced that Dzeko sucks and has always sucked and nothing can change that. So Dzeko, while sucking mind you, manages to score as many or more goals as Aguero or Tevez, and in less time. Strange. Defies all logic. All three have a mediocre season, but only Dzeko sucks. Strange.

Funny how the "sucking" only started once Mancini got a hold of him. Before that, nobody would have even entertained the idea that 'Dzeko sucks'. His first touch was great too, but now it's "the worst on the planet". Was all that stuff in the Bundesliga a fluke? Or how about for the national team? Fluke? At City he can admittedly sometimes look comatose for most of the match, and then a few days later he looks beastly for the national team. Odd.

If Dzeko has become lazy since coming to City, it is because the style of play under Mancini was slow and lazy. Back to the goal for the entire match, just waiting for the ball, instead of aggressive fast paced attacking football like Wolfsburg and like the Bosnian national team. Don't buy a player if you don't know how to use him.
Don't worry it is just a minority that do this,most of them are on here and don't even goto matches.

I am not prepared to slag of a player based on 45min first pre season game when its whole purpose is for the players to gain fitness, I will give him to December at least. If you are going to give him a chance do that, if you cannot that is up to you :-)

There's no doubt that Edin polarises opinion more than most. Certainly, because of his International exploits, he is a hero to many and is defended more vociferously as a result. My support for him probably comes from the fact that he was instrumental in us winning the title, he's never spoken badly about the club or his teammates yet is criticised more than most despite his exploits.

My belief is simply that we support all our players while they play for us. We will all have our favourites but, while they wear sky blue, we should be behind all of them.

oldius said:
There's no doubt that Edin polarises opinion more than most. Certainly, because of his International exploits, he is a hero to many and is defended more vociferously as a result. My support for him probably comes from the fact that he was instrumental in us winning the title, he's never spoken badly about the club or his teammates yet is criticised more than most despite his exploits.

My belief is simply that we support all our players while they play for us. We will all have our favourites but, while they wear sky blue, we should be behind all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.