Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
BosnianDragon said:
Dzeko is at the moment the best MC striker. Also, in my opinion, since I’m following his carrier for long time, probably the best player MC has at moment. With him chances for titles are considerably improved, so far he was just a winner. He came to PL as the best Bundesliga player/striker (won Bundesliga and helped MC winning PL title, both teams were decades without titles).
Now…Who is Suarez…..? What facts you use to compare them two, whatever you take (stats, results etc..) question remains the same. Who is Suarez??? And answer is always the same “At this level he is nobody”. Maybe one day, but not now.
[bigimg]http://media.tumblr.com/588b254f72f85de1687f0209132c54b1/tumblr_inline_mhrm9beWcW1r1yr6b.gif[/bigimg]

BosnianDragon said:
Dzeko is at the moment the best MC striker. Also, in my opinion, since I’m following his carrier for long time, probably the best player MC has at moment. With him chances for titles are considerably improved, so far he was just a winner. He came to PL as the best Bundesliga player/striker (won Bundesliga and helped MC winning PL title, both teams were decades without titles).
Now…Who is Suarez…..? What facts you use to compare them two, whatever you take (stats, results etc..) question remains the same. Who is Suarez??? And answer is always the same “At this level he is nobody”. Maybe one day, but not now.
I m sorry to say mate but Bosnians with their love towards Dzeko witch i can get it u are small country u don't have players like him all the time but with your comments like this u contribute this insane crap about Dzeko , people forget hes stats they just look where he will make mistake , if he miss what Negredo miss in first half and did not score a goal he would be buried . Basicly Dzeko needs to score, play good game just to not have to much critics. I remember Aguero last season he was crap, but i just don't know why where this hate or no will to see Dzeko good us they see bad side and i think there is a lot of that crap because there was awful player at City and they did get 400 pages of people repeating he sucks even when he scores goals and have good season ,16 starts 14 goals wtf he needs to do???So it s pointless for u to argue , pray that he leaves because others fans hope he will come to them u pray because i m really sick of this hate its really hate towards own player when u put him 4 striker and u did not even see 2 new play at EPL. Us City fan he deserve better fans then some of us.

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

wythenshaweblue£££ said:
Always liked dzeko and wanted him to stay he is in someways a hit and miss striker will be awesome one game then the next not turn up. But also believe as the previous poster stated Mancini didn't know how to use him or even back him. If he's given a fair chance something he didnt get last season he will score goals and can be a big hit this season. Can easily be one goal in 2 game ratio..

+1

cleavers said:
Saif1994 said:
Alright, give me the name of one player who we can replace him with in this transfer window.
Will Álvaro Negredo do ? Far better player from what I've seen, oh and we already have him to play alongside Aguero.

I think we can perfectly afford to lose edin, looking good in pre season friendlies isn't what its about, its looking good in the big games which edin regularly failed to do last season.

Yes, Negredo is in fact better than Dzeko imo, but Edin is much better than most fans think he is. I know that pre-season doesn't say much, but it is still an indication. If a player can score now, what makes him slip up later on. Now with Pelle, I think and hope that Dzeko will score a load of goals this season.

Tim of the Oak said:
Maybe so but Didn't Edin score the stoppage time equaliser versus QPR and notch a couple at the Swamp in the 6-1. 4-1 would be good but doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Yes Edin is inconsistent but he scores plenty of goals and shouldn't we get behind everyone in the team / squad (at least at the games)?
You mention 2 games, I could name plenty more where his impact has been little or nothing, either as a starter or sub, which is why the previous manager didn't play him more often, he's too inconsistent, both generally and within games.

I hope he can become more consistent, but even today's friendly showed the same lack of consistency.

cleavers said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Maybe so but Didn't Edin score the stoppage time equaliser versus QPR and notch a couple at the Swamp in the 6-1. 4-1 would be good but doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Yes Edin is inconsistent but he scores plenty of goals and shouldn't we get behind everyone in the team / squad (at least at the games)?
You mention 2 games, I could name plenty more where his impact has been little or nothing, either as a starter or sub, which is why the previous manager didn't play him more often, he's too inconsistent, both generally and within games.

I hope he can become more consistent, but even today's friendly showed the same lack of consistency.

Ok, now I'm starting to understand your point more. But I clearly remember the same inconsistencies shown by Aguero and of course Balo (lots of times). None of our forwards are Messi or Cristiano... But its the direction of criticism that is constantly facing Dzeko that annoys me. Mancini didn't know how to use him as well which made everything worse.

cleavers said:
Tim of the Oak said:

14 goals out of 16 starts last season suggests Edin had several decent games last year. Yes we can point to games when Edin was poor - Dortmund away comes to mind for a starter - but trying to say Edin has only made a difference in a few games doesn't add up.

As you say, hopefully Edin will be more consistent this season and having better quality service from Jesus should help.

BosnianDragon said:
cities_and_teams_blogspot_com_edin_dzeko_manchester_city_bosnia_herzagovina_team_background_desktop_image_gallery_wallpaper_hd_logo_1.jpg

I also saw that movie!

kippax boy said:
He scores goals but wastes an awful lot of chances in the process, would you trust him to score against the big teams and at vital times in games ....I dont , as i say opinions
For me he is slow, not agressive enough for someone his size, he has poor control .If he stays for me, he is 3rd choice at least ,and he appears not to be happy with that.

He misses less chances than Aguero and that is a statistical fact.

Tim of the Oak said:
cleavers said:
Tim of the Oak said:

14 goals out of 16 starts last season suggests Edin had several decent games last year. Yes we can point to games when Edin was poor - Dortmund away comes to mind for a starter - but trying to say Edin has only made a difference in a few games doesn't add up.

As you say, hopefully Edin will be more consistent this season and having better quality service from Jesus should help.
You're putting words in my mouth. He did have a number of decent games, and it was you that only quoted the 2, and neither from last season as it happens. However to claim 14 goals from 16 starts is stretching the imagination considerably, he actually scored 15 in 43 games officially. Try harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.