Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

sorry but I have to agree, sure a few nice touches but I saw nothing new today from edin.
squad player or gone for me.

in competitive games he just doesn't have it, its far too easy to forget at this time of year just how frustrating this guy can be.

on goals scored then yes and I suppose that's all you can ask of your strikers but there are to many people questioning his ability and that must count for something? I mean we cant all be wrong can we?

Anyway it looks like hes staying so I will be rooting for him but I predict he will be gone by January.

15 goals last season:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVk9aeDvunE[/youtube]

He has the potential to score 30 this season.

I respect all opinions, different views, dislikes or likes. We are all different, with different agenda, therefore when I talk football I prefer facts. I like MC (wish I’m there to watch at least one game). Reading some posts not sure are they really coming from individuals supporting MC. They are so far from reality and without real football input. Dzeko or no Dzeko it does not really matter. It is level of self-destruction, not giving MC proper support.

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

cleavers said:
Tim of the Oak said:
cleavers said:
You mention 2 games, I could name plenty more where his impact has been little or nothing, either as a starter or sub, which is why the previous manager didn't play him more often, he's too inconsistent, both generally and within games.

I hope he can become more consistent, but even today's friendly showed the same lack of consistency.

14 goals out of 16 starts last season suggests Edin had several decent games last year. Yes we can point to games when Edin was poor - Dortmund away comes to mind for a starter - but trying to say Edin has only made a difference in a few games doesn't add up.

As you say, hopefully Edin will be more consistent this season and having better quality service from Jesus should help.
You're putting words in my mouth. He did have a number of decent games, and it was you that only quoted the 2, and neither from last season as it happens. However to claim 14 goals from 16 starts is stretching the imagination considerably, he actually scored 15 in 43 games officially. Try harder.

I was focussing on last season in my previous paragraph, otherwise I would have mentioned his demolition of Spurs at White Hart Lane in the 5-1. You don't need to try too hard when there is a clear track record.

I know Edin's form Can be hit and miss. I just don't think he deserves the level of criticism he get on here. In contrast, if someone mentions Joe Hart let a goal through his legs then they can expect a barrage.

Two good performances from Dzeko in succession but keep him away from Penalty kick duties.

Saif1994 said:
cleavers said:
Saif1994 said:
15 goals last season
43 games, not so great.

Late on from the bench for a handful of them.
My point was the stats, 14 from 16 starts, or 15 from 43 games, it works both ways.......he's paid to score whether he starts or not, the full figures are as I stated, so not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.