Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzekos Smile said:
Can someone please enlighten me why Dzeko should be 4th striker behind Negredo and Jovetic who are yet to prove them selves in the PL.

It's the standard of delusion on here fella,you'll get used to it..

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:47 am --

Jumanji said:
BlueAnorak said:
kippax boy said:
He scores goals but wastes an awful lot of chances in the process, would you trust him to score against the big teams and at vital times in games ....I dont , as i say opinions
For me he is slow, not agressive enough for someone his size, he has poor control .If he stays for me, he is 3rd choice at least ,and he appears not to be happy with that.

He misses less chances than Aguero and that is a statistical fact.
I bet this is because Aguero creates a lot of half chances on his own, which don't necessarily go in, bringing his numbers down,

whereas Dzeko does not have the ability, so his chances tend to me more clear cut from passes, cross, etc.

oh ffs..keep digging..

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

MJ said:
I'm lost as to why anyone can criticise a striker because they're not running around like a maniac in midfield chasing the ball. All that matters is that they score goals. Edin scores goals, and he scores important goals. He scored the only goals for us in this tournament, so no matter how good any other player might appear to play, Edin was the man for us this week. Bottom line is that he delivers, and while I admire how others play, it is goals that matter in football!

The most important performance yesterday was Edins..If we'd lost yesterday Edin would have got slated for 'not' scoring.
When he does score,he's then slated for not trapping the ball,if he traps the ball he gets slated for not showing enough commitment..

Only on this forum does a player who scores goals for his club get slated..

A sad state of affairs tbh, these posters then have the front to then say "but ill support him as long as hes a city player "..what the fuck is that about..

next game its back to square one and hes gash and we should get rid..yeah great support lads..

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

samharris said:
MJ said:
I'm lost as to why anyone can criticise a striker because they're not running around like a maniac in midfield chasing the ball. All that matters is that they score goals. Edin scores goals, and he scores important goals. He scored the only goals for us in this tournament, so no matter how good any other player might appear to play, Edin was the man for us this week. Bottom line is that he delivers, and while I admire how others play, it is goals that matter in football!

The most important performance yesterday was Edins..If we'd lost yesterday Edin would have got slated for 'not' scoring.
When he does score,he's then slated for not trapping the ball,if he traps the ball he gets slated for not showing enough commitment..

Only on this forum does a player who scores goals for his club get slated..

A sad state of affairs tbh, these posters then have the front to then say "but ill support him as long as hes a city player "..what the fuck is that about..

next game its back to square one and hes gash and we should get rid..yeah great support lads..

Pretty much this. no matter what he does they will be waiting with knives. imagine if he didnt score that goal but missed the pen. i would have avoided the dzeko threads for days :<

It's when strikers aren't even getting in a position to score when the problems start, Edin has no problem at all in that area.
If you look at the table posted earlier, it seems a player who only scored once ended up with a premier league winners medal.
Would you swap him form Edin? Never in a million years!

Load of bollocks on here by some of the haters.

Listen. Dzeko was shit hgot at Wolfsburg and was a victim of Mancini's single minded dictator approach. I don't like Redknapp but had he been manager for instance Dzeko would have been on fire I am sure of it. He's the type of player who thrives on confidence and trust.

Yesterday we saw him spraying passes around like 30 yarders that were accurate. To Negredo and out wide to Milner which stuck in my mind. He is a clinical striker when it comes to accuracy and his goal was superbly taken. People may not like his style but since Mancini has gone he has performed well when it comes to goal tally. He scored 3 against Chelsea in the two friendlies, he scored v South China and now Sunderland and been looking more and more of a threat as time goes on. He may well end up below Negredo and Aguero, possibly Jovetic if he is not used as left sided 4-3-3 player but as long as the guy is kept upbeat by Pellegrini then we have a potent option here.

Dzeko had a stinker against Munich in 2011. He didn't want to be subbed and after that his card was marked in a childish manner. Last season he scored many vital goals even when used sparingly and still he was treated like a ginger stepchild.

New season, new manager (thank god!), new system and a NEW SLATE. Give the lad a go and lets get behind him. IMHO he will be a vital player for us next season and I hope he regains the form which caught our eye at Wolfsburg, for his sake and ours.

Good luck Edin I have always fought your case. Why? Because I can see the fault is not entirely yours and you get a raw deal.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 am --<br /><br />
samharris said:
George Hannah said:
I thought Manuel over egged it a bit though.
True!! but the Govan pisscan did that for 27 years mate..Its all part of great man management..

His comment that Jones would be one of the best United players ever did it for me. At that point I knew the whiskey and stress had go to him. Just waiting for him to start talking to a remote control when the phone rings now.

Can't believe that stat post above. Welbeck is truly wank isn't he? I cannot believe he gets selected for England when all he is, is a strong runner. His finishing is poor, his control is poor, not particularly a good passer and is only really good at running. He's a failed striker who will be drafted out wide as consequence, just like dirk Kuyt but without the crossing abilities and tenacity. So now he is known as a shit Dirk Kuyt.

I thought he was on his way out, but he has responded well to the new manager

Natural born goalscorer

NipHolmes said:
Listen. Dzeko .. was a victim of Mancini's single minded dictator approach. I don't like Redknapp but had he been manager for instance Dzeko would have been on fire I am sure of it. He's the type of player who thrives on confidence and trust.... as long as the guy is kept upbeat by Pellegrini then we have a potent option here.....
His self-confidence must be as brittle as yours then Nip!

George Hannah said:
NipHolmes said:
Listen. Dzeko .. was a victim of Mancini's single minded dictator approach. I don't like Redknapp but had he been manager for instance Dzeko would have been on fire I am sure of it. He's the type of player who thrives on confidence and trust.... as long as the guy is kept upbeat by Pellegrini then we have a potent option here.....
His self-confidence must be as brittle as yours then Nip!

My confidence never lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.