Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

"The new manager says the 27-year-old is now playing "the way I want" and expects him to keep on improving at the Etihad Stadium

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini says he has “lot of trust” in striker Edin Dzeko after watching the Bosnia international hit the winning goal against Sunderland in the Asia Trophy.Dzeko scored the only goal of the game with an unstoppable volley after just 10 minutes in Hong Kong to secure victory for City.

The 27-year-old has was also on target in a 1-0 win over South China on Wednesday and Pellegrini was full of praise for the striker."Not only in Hong Kong. I have a lot of trust in him,” he told Sky Sports."Everyone was talking before I arrived that we will bring in [Edinson] Cavani, [Robert] Lewandowski, all those players. “But I always trusted in Edin Dzeko and he is now playing the way I want.“I am sure he will continue improving.""

Can someone please enlighten me why Dzeko should be 4th striker behind Negredo and Jovetic who are yet to prove them selves in the PL.

Dzekos Smile said:
Can someone please enlighten me why Dzeko should be 4th striker behind Negredo and Jovetic who are yet to prove them selves in the PL.
Because those 2 are new signings, it's like a kid with some new toys, he'll throw his old ones to the side and not give a toss about them once he has some new ones. Unfortunately that's how many fans see players as. Dzeko scores goals but some people just have it in for him no matter what he does.

MJ said:
I'm lost as to why anyone can criticise a striker because they're not running around like a maniac in midfield chasing the ball. All that matters is that they score goals. Edin scores goals, and he scores important goals. He scored the only goals for us in this tournament, so no matter how good any other player might appear to play, Edin was the man for us this week. Bottom line is that he delivers, and while I admire how others play, it is goals that matter in football!

It's refreshing to read your comment especially after noticing your join date and # of posts so far - indication (at least to me) that you prefer quality posts over quantity. Moaners will always find something to whine about whoever their designated scapegoat of the game is. As you noticed already they are on rotation as well...

After a while there is no point of further discussing Edin's play and contributions. I mostly read these comments purely for entertainment as clearly posts in these threads are mix of few kids way past their bedtime posting gifs and photoshops of Snow White and her dwarfs, some occasional delusional City supporter exhibiting (at least in my experience) symptoms of typical arrogant scum fan with this "entitlement mentality" being/needing only the best-of-the-best and every so often a new Bosnian fanatic desperately trying to defend our diamond.

Truth of the matter is that we cannot afford to lose Edin this late in the transfer window. There is no doubt that under Pelle's leadership, new style of play and his man-management touch, we already see positive effect on all players but most noticeably on Dzeko in last 2 games. He is hungry and eager to bring out his best this season.

All of this could be in the main thread.

Armaan said:
Dzekos Smile said:
Because those 2 are new signings, it's like a kid with some new toys, he'll throw his old ones to the side and not give a toss about them once he has some new ones. Unfortunately that's how many fans see players as. Dzeko scores goals but some people just have it in for him no matter what he does.

Tbh i think dzeko will lead the line at the start of the campaign. He has done nothing wrong to justify a dropping. The starting lineup vrs new castle will show if pelg really rates him or not.

BlueAnorak said:
kippax boy said:
He scores goals but wastes an awful lot of chances in the process, would you trust him to score against the big teams and at vital times in games ....I dont , as i say opinions
For me he is slow, not agressive enough for someone his size, he has poor control .If he stays for me, he is 3rd choice at least ,and he appears not to be happy with that.

He misses less chances than Aguero and that is a statistical fact.

He misses less than Suarez the biter.

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:34 am --

cleavers said:
Saif1994 said:
15 goals last season
43 games, not so great.

16 prem starts.

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 am --

pudge said:
bluethunder said:
edin dzeko is one of the most lethal strikers in the premier league.

article-2309835-1952CAC5000005DC-779_634x1131.jpg

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 am --

Saif1994 said:
Late on from the bench for a handful of them.

yes and if he does start a game, he usually comes off at half time or after 60 minutes.
Surely it would be better to look at a table that includes the entire league campaign.

post it then..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.