Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never in the history of City have we had a player more talked about than our Edin. 12 pages added since yesterday, this thread has to be saved for posterity because I have no doubt there is enough material in this thread alone to write the complete history about him. I am surprised that we haven't had any more stats about him comparing tall strikers to tall strikers of similar build.

No medical facts have yet been provided showing the difference in time it takes the information from his feet to reach his brain and back again against an Aguero type players where the distance for the information to travel is far shorter, thereby proving that his first touch is down to being so tall. :-)

The sooner the season starts and the transfer window closes the better. :-)

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

samharris said:
cleavers said:
Saif1994 said:
15 goals last season
43 games, not so great.

16 prem starts.
Do you actually have the stats for how many he scored in those 16 starts ? because I'm pretty sure it wasn't 15, in fact I know it wasn't because he scored 1 in the champions league, and that 1 can't count.

The stats are 15 goals from 43 appearances, if you are going to use 1 of the numbers, then you have to use them all, so if you feel like breaking it down to goals/starts, then please do so by quoting the accurate number of goals in those "starts" only.

I don't have any problem with Dzeko, but I don't happen to rate him as highly as some do (mainly his compatriates), yes he scores goals, but he also misses them, and can be pretty selfish as a player, where his other contributions are minimal.

One thing I don't like is when stats are used to prove a point in a pretty misleading way, like 15 goals from 16 starts, which it simply wasn't.

pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Wait, so if Edin is shite because he scored ONLY 2 goals in the last two games, then what does that make Aguero, Negredo & Jovetic?

The fallacies are becoming hysterical.

Pretty difficult to score if you are not playing, even your hero would find it hard.
saint edin would find a way I'm sure ;-)

When we signed Edin I was really excited to see such a great player join us

having made a good start he seemed to slow down and became a bit part player

as a City player i supported him through thick and thin, that was until about 1pm on Saturday 16th March 2013

on that day he put in one of the most inept performances of a recent City player
not just poor but lazy, self centred and completely lacking in any work for the team
he was worse than shocking

i stood there with my head in my hands and just wished we could get rid there and then

i can forgive any player who has a bad game, or bad run of games as long as they make an effort and come off the pitch with a sweat on

on that day i believe i got more of a sweat on going to the toilet

it's easy to say it was all Mancini's fault but he is a professional footballer, getting paid more than a decent wage and for that alone he should have enough pride to make an effort, unfortunately he chose not to and was a liability

i've never booed him, and i never will, but he has to make a better fist of it than last March

pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Wait, so if Edin is shite because he scored ONLY 2 goals in the last two games, then what does that make Aguero, Negredo & Jovetic?

Pretty difficult to score if you are not playing, even your hero would find it hard.

Erm I think you missed the point fella..I think what the poster is saying that if either Aguero,jovetic or Negredo had have scored 2 goals in the last games they wouldnt be classed as shite..

NipHolmes said:
@BluePhil8 said:
So Dzeko scores two goals in a friendly tournament against a China 11 and Sunderland and all of the sudden he is more prolific than Suarez, and anyone that has a go at him is a rag?

OK, well luckily I am capable of remembering the last 2 and a half years.

I want him to do well, obviously. But he hasn't done well enough so far. That is why there is a thread that is hundreds of pages long debating whether or not he is good enough. Disagreeing one way or the other certainly makes you no less of a fan.

The problem is when you base the lads future on a tenure under a manager that simply failed to utilise him correctly.

Zaba was bang average under Hughes, yet became a monster under Mancini. The reason, because the change of management suited him and Mancini honed him. Dzeko will be the same under Pellegrini.

The problem to be blunt is the FACT that many on here watch only City. Judgement is clouded hugely imo. I watched Dzeko at Wolfsburg a fair bit and we have seen that player for glimpses. Pellegrini will get the player back out of him because he's signed a player suitable of partnering and we have added pace.

Your judgement of the last 30months are of slow possession based football with Dzeko being unsuitable for that system. Whack him in a rag top and he's a machine. Reason being is he thrives on counter attacking play with wide balls coming in. Navas will give him this.

Confidence and patience is all he needs. Just like most humans. What he doesn't need is narrow minded fans attacking him based on the past who simply cannot fathom why he 'failed' to shine for us. I put that comment to lack of education in a football sense to be brutally frank.

a true world class striker will adapt to whatever...tevez did it....he completely changed the way he played...like you said zabba added to his game..he was good defensively but added the attacking side to his game.

dzeko is a good striker but not world class in the same terms as Kun, Suarez, Tevez, RVP, drogba etc.

He is too inconsistent to be considered in the top bracket and blaming the previous regime/manager is too easy an excuse and whilst im not saying it did have a negative effect surely at some point these players are adult men and need to "man up" a little and except criticism and deal with it...tevez did, kompany improved drastically, as did richards...even nasris performances improved after public criticism by mancini....Im not saying its the right way to go about things (public criticism..infact its wrong imho) BUT using it as a reason to justify some of dzekos appalling performances last season is wrong.

He has another chance under a new manager...he has only himself to blame if he doesnt grab it.......perform like he did last year in a lot of games he will find himself rightly back on the bench.

He needs to up his game massively and a couple of goals in a friendly tournament is a good start BUT a long way off proving anything.

Yesterday summed dzeko up really didn't it. A moment of pure class with his goal which was amazing and then one of the most simple pieces of skill in football needed to place a penalty on target.

The pitch was bad granted and I was bladdered so dont know if there was a bobble but surely after that pen against arsenal he would of thought this isn't for me. So frustrating

cleavers said:
samharris said:
cleavers said:
43 games, not so great.

16 prem starts.
Do you actually have the stats for how many he scored in those 16 starts ? because I'm pretty sure it wasn't 15, in fact I know it wasn't because he scored 1 in the champions league, and that 1 can't count.

The stats are 15 goals from 43 appearances, if you are going to use 1 of the numbers, then you have to use them all, so if you feel like breaking it down to goals/starts, then please do so by quoting the accurate number of goals in those "starts" only.

I don't have any problem with Dzeko, but I don't happen to rate him as highly as some do (mainly his compatriates), yes he scores goals, but he also misses them, and can be pretty selfish as a player, where his other contributions are minimal.

One thing I don't like is when stats are used to prove a point in a pretty misleading way, like 15 goals from 16 starts, which it simply wasn't.

pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

saint edin would find a way I'm sure ;-)

I was merely pointing out that Dzeko only started 16 games out of the 33 meaning he had less playing time for the season..not that he scored 14 in 16 games.

Tom_mcfc said:
Yesterday summed dzeko up really didn't it. A moment of pure class with his goal which was amazing and then one of the most simple pieces of skill in football needed to place a penalty on target.

The pitch was bad granted and I was bladdered so dont know if there was a bobble but surely after that pen against arsenal he would of thought this isn't for me. So frustrating

No bobble, but I think he was trying to lift it to avoid the mud. Terrible penalty though, but a cracking lad with bags of potential under Manny.

can he trap a ball yet??? his 1st touch is like a defenders clearance... thank god that ball from de jong went to balotelli before agueroooo...

samharris said:
I was merely pointing out that Dzeko only started 16 games out of the 33 meaning he had less playing time for the season..not that he scored 14 in 16 games.
I was aware of that thanks, which was why I didn't like one stat being used with an other stat to misleadingly "prove" a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.