Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
2bluejacko said:
can he trap a ball yet??? his 1st touch is like a defenders clearance... thank god that ball from de jong went to balotelli before agueroooo...

:)<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:59 am --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
samharris said:
I was merely pointing out that Dzeko only started 16 games out of the 33 meaning he had less playing time for the season..not that he scored 14 in 16 games.
I was aware of that thanks, which was why I didn't like one stat being used with an other stat to misleadingly "prove" a point.

I think you've confused misleading with misunderstanding..at no point have I set out to mislead anyone..

whats the point of that??

I cant believe we have gone round in circles for so long.It matters not what we think as pellers has said he has total trust in him and that is good enough for me.His all round game looked better yesterday and i assume he took the penalty because he was the senior striker,i doubt he will be taking many again!

2bluejacko said:
can he trap a ball yet??? his 1st touch is like a defenders clearance... thank god that ball from de jong went to balotelli before agueroooo...

Did you go last season. Edin was controlling the ball well but struggling to lay it off. This was partly due to some poor passing and partly how slow we were to support him - giving time for defenders to surround Dzeko.

And Ofcourse Balotelli's pass would have meant a lot less if Edin hadn't just nodded in the equaliser. Nothing like serving one up.

samharris said:
pominoz said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Wait, so if Edin is shite because he scored ONLY 2 goals in the last two games, then what does that make Aguero, Negredo & Jovetic?

The fallacies are becoming hysterical.

Pretty difficult to score if you are not playing, even your hero would find it hard.

Erm I think you missed the point fella..I think what the poster is saying that if either Aguero,jovetic or Negredo had have scored 2 goals in the last games they wouldnt be classed as shite..

You will find that most of his "detractors" base their opinions on more a couple of games.
As i have said before we know he has it in him, but he has only showed it in about half a dozen games in over 2 years.
For a "world class player" that is not good enough.

samharris said:
cleavers said:
samharris said:
I was merely pointing out that Dzeko only started 16 games out of the 33 meaning he had less playing time for the season..not that he scored 14 in 16 games.
I was aware of that thanks, which was why I didn't like one stat being used with an other stat to misleadingly "prove" a point.

I think you've confused misleading with misunderstanding..at no point have I set out to mislead anyone..

whats the point of that??
And I never said that YOU did, try reading back to where I posted originally, where someone had posted "14 in 16 starts"......misleading.....

I don't think dzeko should be nominated to take a penalty in an important game. That's twice he has missed a penalty, both poor efforts. Having said that in both games he has scored which shows that he can do the business but just not from the spot.

pominoz said:
samharris said:
pominoz said:
Pretty difficult to score if you are not playing, even your hero would find it hard.

Erm I think you missed the point fella..I think what the poster is saying that if either Aguero,jovetic or Negredo had have scored 2 goals in the last games they wouldnt be classed as shite..

You will find that most of his "detractors" base their opinions on more a couple of games.
As i have said before we know he has it in him, but he has only showed it in about half a dozen games in over 2 years.
For a "world class player" that is not good enough.

No it isnt good enough,I agree with that but I believe that he can become good enough,my argument is to those who say he is gash and should be sold..

He is far from Gash.

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

cleavers said:
samharris said:
cleavers said:
43 games, not so great.

16 prem starts.
Do you actually have the stats for how many he scored in those 16 starts ? because I'm pretty sure it wasn't 15, in fact I know it wasn't because he scored 1 in the champions league, and that 1 can't count.

The stats are 15 goals from 43 appearances, if you are going to use 1 of the numbers, then you have to use them all, so if you feel like breaking it down to goals/starts, then please do so by quoting the accurate number of goals in those "starts" only.

I don't have any problem with Dzeko, but I don't happen to rate him as highly as some do (mainly his compatriates), yes he scores goals, but he also misses them, and can be pretty selfish as a player, where his other contributions are minimal.

One thing I don't like is when stats are used to prove a point in a pretty misleading way, like 15 goals from 16 starts, which it simply wasn't.

I have those stats!

In all competitive games last season (Soton home - Norwich home) Dzeko played 2083 minutes as a starter and scored 8 goals (0.36 goals/game, assuming 94 minutes per game). He played 555 minutes as a sub and scored 7 goals (1.19 goals/game). As a starter in the league, his numbers were; 8 goals from 1393 minutes (0.54 goals/game), and as a sub he scored 6 in 514 minutes (1.10 goals/game).

For comparison, when starting, Aguero scored 15 goals in 2430 minutes (0.58 goals/game) and 2 in 293 minutes as a sub (0.64 goals/game), Tevez scored 15 goals as a starter in 3149 minutes (0.45 goals/game) and 1 in 224 minutes as a sub (0.42 goals/game). In the league Aguero scored 10 goals in 1792 minutes when starting (0.52 goals/game) and 2 in 224 as a sub (0.84 goals/game), whereas Tevez scored 10 in 2312 minutes (0.41 goals/game) as a starter and 1 in 167 minutes as a sub (0.56 goals/game).

So overall, Aguero had the best scoring rate as a starter, followed by Tevez, then Dzeko (which supports the theory that our style didn't suit Dzeko, or that Dzeko isn't as good as the others). Overall, the best scoring rate as a sub was Dzeko, followed by Aguero, and then Tevez (which supports the theory that when we became more direct at the end of games when tiki-taka wasn't working, Dzeko thrived, or that he's only any good as a super-sub).

Although it's not immediately obvious to me why the numbers would be that different, in the league the picture is different. As a starter, Dzeko had a slightly better scoring rate than Aguero, with Tevez third. The league numbers for scoring as a sub have the same order (Dzeko then Aguero, then Tevez).

Make of all that what you will (this should get us to 500 pages...).

before i am was impressed by his goals he showed in wolfsburg but all of it was due to incredible assistance he was getting from misimovic. he was a star there because of him. dzeko is unable to do anything by himself. he needs a ball served up on a plate to score. anyone can do that. the goal he scored yesterday if some of you haven't noticed was after it literally fell into his feet. his balance is shit and his body weight is always wrongly used and keeps falling often for no apparent reason. he has a weak shot and dances on the pitch like ballerina and when he gets the ball he doesn't do anything with it. most good striker get ball and run towards the goal. dzeko doesn't do that and gives it back to another player. he doesn't run with it, he doesn't dribble or do anything of significance. watch him during a corner kick. every time he backs away from the ball instead of attacking it. when the goal keeper shots it to him he backs away from the ball. his penalty miss showed his calibre. his efforts are heartless. you should sell him. the player is waste of space

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

CaliforniaBlue said:
cleavers said:
samharris said:
16 prem starts.
Do you actually have the stats for how many he scored in those 16 starts ? because I'm pretty sure it wasn't 15, in fact I know it wasn't because he scored 1 in the champions league, and that 1 can't count.

The stats are 15 goals from 43 appearances, if you are going to use 1 of the numbers, then you have to use them all, so if you feel like breaking it down to goals/starts, then please do so by quoting the accurate number of goals in those "starts" only.

I don't have any problem with Dzeko, but I don't happen to rate him as highly as some do (mainly his compatriates), yes he scores goals, but he also misses them, and can be pretty selfish as a player, where his other contributions are minimal.

One thing I don't like is when stats are used to prove a point in a pretty misleading way, like 15 goals from 16 starts, which it simply wasn't.

I have those stats!

In all competitive games last season (Soton home - Norwich home) Dzeko played 2083 minutes as a starter and scored 8 goals (0.36 goals/game, assuming 94 minutes per game). He played 555 minutes as a sub and scored 7 goals (1.19 goals/game). As a starter in the league, his numbers were; 8 goals from 1393 minutes (0.54 goals/game), and as a sub he scored 6 in 514 minutes (1.10 goals/game).

For comparison, when starting, Aguero scored 15 goals in 2430 minutes (0.58 goals/game) and 2 in 293 minutes as a sub (0.64 goals/game), Tevez scored 15 goals as a starter in 3149 minutes (0.45 goals/game) and 1 in 224 minutes as a sub (0.42 goals/game). In the league Aguero scored 10 goals in 1792 minutes when starting (0.52 goals/game) and 2 in 224 as a sub (0.84 goals/game), whereas Tevez scored 10 in 2312 minutes (0.41 goals/game) as a starter and 1 in 167 minutes as a sub (0.56 goals/game).

So overall, Aguero had the best scoring rate as a starter, followed by Tevez, then Dzeko (which supports the theory that our style didn't suit Dzeko, or that Dzeko isn't as good as the others). Overall, the best scoring rate as a sub was Dzeko, followed by Aguero, and then Tevez (which supports the theory that when we became more direct at the end of games when tiki-taka wasn't working, Dzeko thrived, or that he's only any good as a super-sub).

Although it's not immediately obvious to me why the numbers would be that different, in the league the picture is different. As a starter, Dzeko had a slightly better scoring rate than Aguero, with Tevez third. The league numbers for scoring as a sub have the same order (Dzeko then Aguero, then Tevez).

Make of all that what you will (this should get us to 500 pages...).
Nice stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.