Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

CaliforniaBlue said:
I have those stats!

In all competitive games last season (Soton home - Norwich home) Dzeko played 2083 minutes as a starter and scored 8 goals (0.36 goals/game, assuming 94 minutes per game). He played 555 minutes as a sub and scored 7 goals (1.19 goals/game). As a starter in the league, his numbers were; 8 goals from 1393 minutes (0.54 goals/game), and as a sub he scored 6 in 514 minutes (1.10 goals/game).

For comparison, when starting, Aguero scored 15 goals in 2430 minutes (0.58 goals/game) and 2 in 293 minutes as a sub (0.64 goals/game), Tevez scored 15 goals as a starter in 3149 minutes (0.45 goals/game) and 1 in 224 minutes as a sub (0.42 goals/game). In the league Aguero scored 10 goals in 1792 minutes when starting (0.52 goals/game) and 2 in 224 as a sub (0.84 goals/game), whereas Tevez scored 10 in 2312 minutes (0.41 goals/game) as a starter and 1 in 167 minutes as a sub (0.56 goals/game).

So overall, Aguero had the best scoring rate as a starter, followed by Tevez, then Dzeko (which supports the theory that our style didn't suit Dzeko, or that Dzeko isn't as good as the others). Overall, the best scoring rate as a sub was Dzeko, followed by Aguero, and then Tevez (which supports the theory that when we became more direct at the end of games when tiki-taka wasn't working, Dzeko thrived, or that he's only any good as a super-sub).

Although it's not immediately obvious to me why the numbers would be that different, in the league the picture is different. As a starter, Dzeko had a slightly better scoring rate than Aguero, with Tevez third. The league numbers for scoring as a sub have the same order (Dzeko then Aguero, then Tevez).

Make of all that what you will (this should get us to 500 pages...).
Thanks for that, as I suspected he's rated too highly by many, and dissed far too much by others, he was 3rd choice last year for a reason, he'll probably be the same this. His problem is he doesn't like this, and lets it show in his play sometimes, and that frustrates a lot of people, me included.

Re: We cannot afford to lose Edin

cleavers said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
I have those stats!

In all competitive games last season (Soton home - Norwich home) Dzeko played 2083 minutes as a starter and scored 8 goals (0.36 goals/game, assuming 94 minutes per game). He played 555 minutes as a sub and scored 7 goals (1.19 goals/game). As a starter in the league, his numbers were; 8 goals from 1393 minutes (0.54 goals/game), and as a sub he scored 6 in 514 minutes (1.10 goals/game).

For comparison, when starting, Aguero scored 15 goals in 2430 minutes (0.58 goals/game) and 2 in 293 minutes as a sub (0.64 goals/game), Tevez scored 15 goals as a starter in 3149 minutes (0.45 goals/game) and 1 in 224 minutes as a sub (0.42 goals/game). In the league Aguero scored 10 goals in 1792 minutes when starting (0.52 goals/game) and 2 in 224 as a sub (0.84 goals/game), whereas Tevez scored 10 in 2312 minutes (0.41 goals/game) as a starter and 1 in 167 minutes as a sub (0.56 goals/game).

So overall, Aguero had the best scoring rate as a starter, followed by Tevez, then Dzeko (which supports the theory that our style didn't suit Dzeko, or that Dzeko isn't as good as the others). Overall, the best scoring rate as a sub was Dzeko, followed by Aguero, and then Tevez (which supports the theory that when we became more direct at the end of games when tiki-taka wasn't working, Dzeko thrived, or that he's only any good as a super-sub).

Although it's not immediately obvious to me why the numbers would be that different, in the league the picture is different. As a starter, Dzeko had a slightly better scoring rate than Aguero, with Tevez third. The league numbers for scoring as a sub have the same order (Dzeko then Aguero, then Tevez).

Make of all that what you will (this should get us to 500 pages...).
Thanks for that, as I suspected he's rated too highly by many, and dissed far too much by others, he was 3rd choice last year for a reason, he'll probably be the same this. His problem is he doesn't like this, and lets it show in his play sometimes, and that frustrates a lot of people, me included.

Frustrates me too,But like many I think that under pellegrini he will do a better job for us..

squirtyflower said:
When we signed Edin I was really excited to see such a great player join us

having made a good start he seemed to slow down and became a bit part player

as a City player i supported him through thick and thin, that was until about 1pm on Saturday 16th March 2013

on that day he put in one of the most inept performances of a recent City player
not just poor but lazy, self centred and completely lacking in any work for the team
he was worse than shocking

i stood there with my head in my hands and just wished we could get rid there and then

i can forgive any player who has a bad game, or bad run of games as long as they make an effort and come off the pitch with a sweat on

on that day i believe i got more of a sweat on going to the toilet

it's easy to say it was all Mancini's fault but he is a professional footballer, getting paid more than a decent wage and for that alone he should have enough pride to make an effort, unfortunately he chose not to and was a liability

i've never booed him, and i never will, but he has to make a better fist of it than last March
One bad afternoon and he's a liability. What does that make you after a year as a mod?

Tim of the Oak said:
2bluejacko said:
can he trap a ball yet??? his 1st touch is like a defenders clearance... thank god that ball from de jong went to balotelli before agueroooo...

Did you go last season. Edin was controlling the ball well but struggling to lay it off. This was partly due to some poor passing and partly how slow we were to support him - giving time for defenders to surround Dzeko.

And Ofcourse Balotelli's pass would have meant a lot less if Edin hadn't just nodded in the equaliser. Nothing like serving one up.
GREAT EQUALISER wasnt disputing that or the fact he can put the ball in the back of the net the fact is you are in the minority (in fact probably only yourself) that says he can control the ball well with his back towards the goal... was your stream playing up cos my view in east stand 107 was clear as a bell.

2bluejacko said:
Tim of the Oak said:
2bluejacko said:
can he trap a ball yet??? his 1st touch is like a defenders clearance... thank god that ball from de jong went to balotelli before agueroooo...

Did you go last season. Edin was controlling the ball well but struggling to lay it off. This was partly due to some poor passing and partly how slow we were to support him - giving time for defenders to surround Dzeko.

And Ofcourse Balotelli's pass would have meant a lot less if Edin hadn't just nodded in the equaliser. Nothing like serving one up.
GREAT EQUALISER wasnt disputing that or the fact he can put the ball in the back of the net the fact is you are in the minority (in fact probably only yourself) that says he can control the ball well with his back towards the goal... was your stream playing up cos my view in east stand 107 was clear as a bell.

No worries. I am above you in 206 and have a better view. Yes part of Edin's game that was frustrating was he was controlling the ball well and then sometimes giving it away when there was an easy pass on. Most of the fans near me see this and are more concerned with not being more careful with possession and also not winning many flick ons.

We see that Edin is much more physical when he plays for Bosnia and when he is fired up coming on as a sub for us. He had t an argument with my brother in town who called him super sub but we don't seem to see as much aggression she. Edin starts that could be a factor in Calafornia's excellent stats.

sajtion said:
before i am was impressed by his goals he showed in wolfsburg but all of it was due to incredible assistance he was getting from misimovic. he was a star there because of him. dzeko is unable to do anything by himself. he needs a ball served up on a plate to score. anyone can do that. the goal he scored yesterday if some of you haven't noticed was after it literally fell into his feet. his balance is shit and his body weight is always wrongly used and keeps falling often for no apparent reason. he has a weak shot and dances on the pitch like ballerina and when he gets the ball he doesn't do anything with it. most good striker get ball and run towards the goal. dzeko doesn't do that and gives it back to another player. he doesn't run with it, he doesn't dribble or do anything of significance. watch him during a corner kick. every time he backs away from the ball instead of attacking it. when the goal keeper shots it to him he backs away from the ball. his penalty miss showed his calibre. his efforts are heartless. you should sell him. the player is waste of space

With respect, what a pile of bollocks!

It's not Džeko's job to dribble or run with the ball; that's what we have Merlin, Jimmy, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic and to a lesser degree, Agüero for.

Edin's job is to score goals and he does that very efficiently, certainly compared to one of the supposed best strikers - Suarez - in the League.

You say he has a weak shot, yet he scored yesterday from outside the penalty area. How can you score from 18-20 metres out if you have a weak shot?

Someone else made the point that he does best in counter-attacks. Four counter-attacking goals scored by Edin spring to mind; the sixth at the swamp, following that wonderful pass from Spanish Dave, his second and fourth at Shite Hart Lane in the 1-5 and one against West Brom last season, when we came from 0-1 down and won it at the death.

samharris said:
NipHolmes said:
Load of bollocks on here by some of the haters.

Listen. Dzeko was shit hgot at Wolfsburg and was a victim of Mancini's single minded dictator approach. I don't like Redknapp but had he been manager for instance Dzeko would have been on fire I am sure of it. He's the type of player who thrives on confidence and trust.

Yesterday we saw him spraying passes around like 30 yarders that were accurate. To Negredo and out wide to Milner which stuck in my mind. He is a clinical striker when it comes to accuracy and his goal was superbly taken. People may not like his style but since Mancini has gone he has performed well when it comes to goal tally. He scored 3 against Chelsea in the two friendlies, he scored v South China and now Sunderland and been looking more and more of a threat as time goes on. He may well end up below Negredo and Aguero, possibly Jovetic if he is not used as left sided 4-3-3 player but as long as the guy is kept upbeat by Pellegrini then we have a potent option here.

Dzeko had a stinker against Munich in 2011. He didn't want to be subbed and after that his card was marked in a childish manner. Last season he scored many vital goals even when used sparingly and still he was treated like a ginger stepchild.

New season, new manager (thank god!), new system and a NEW SLATE. Give the lad a go and lets get behind him. IMHO he will be a vital player for us next season and I hope he regains the form which caught our eye at Wolfsburg, for his sake and ours.

Good luck Edin I have always fought your case. Why? Because I can see the fault is not entirely yours and you get a raw deal.

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 am --

samharris said:
True!! but the Govan pisscan did that for 27 years mate..Its all part of great man management..

His comment that Jones would be one of the best United players ever did it for me. At that point I knew the whiskey and stress had go to him. Just waiting for him to start talking to a remote control when the phone rings now.

Can't believe that stat post above. Welbeck is truly wank isn't he? I cannot believe he gets selected for England when all he is, is a strong runner. His finishing is poor, his control is poor, not particularly a good passer and is only really good at running. He's a failed striker who will be drafted out wide as consequence, just like dirk Kuyt but without the crossing abilities and tenacity. So now he is known as a shit Dirk Kuyt.

After only scoring 1 goal all season for the scum I dont see mass calls for him to leave from club or fans or media..

In fact the media are hyping him up....

Great top post by the way Nip. Oh and you cant use the word 'hater'..agent Pudge will be on yer case..
You sure do like your full stops Sam.

And bullshit generalisations.

pudge said:
samharris said:
NipHolmes said:
Load of bollocks on here by some of the haters.

Listen. Dzeko was shit hgot at Wolfsburg and was a victim of Mancini's single minded dictator approach. I don't like Redknapp but had he been manager for instance Dzeko would have been on fire I am sure of it. He's the type of player who thrives on confidence and trust.

Yesterday we saw him spraying passes around like 30 yarders that were accurate. To Negredo and out wide to Milner which stuck in my mind. He is a clinical striker when it comes to accuracy and his goal was superbly taken. People may not like his style but since Mancini has gone he has performed well when it comes to goal tally. He scored 3 against Chelsea in the two friendlies, he scored v South China and now Sunderland and been looking more and more of a threat as time goes on. He may well end up below Negredo and Aguero, possibly Jovetic if he is not used as left sided 4-3-3 player but as long as the guy is kept upbeat by Pellegrini then we have a potent option here.

Dzeko had a stinker against Munich in 2011. He didn't want to be subbed and after that his card was marked in a childish manner. Last season he scored many vital goals even when used sparingly and still he was treated like a ginger stepchild.

New season, new manager (thank god!), new system and a NEW SLATE. Give the lad a go and lets get behind him. IMHO he will be a vital player for us next season and I hope he regains the form which caught our eye at Wolfsburg, for his sake and ours.

Good luck Edin I have always fought your case. Why? Because I can see the fault is not entirely yours and you get a raw deal.

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 am --

His comment that Jones would be one of the best United players ever did it for me. At that point I knew the whiskey and stress had go to him. Just waiting for him to start talking to a remote control when the phone rings now.

Can't believe that stat post above. Welbeck is truly wank isn't he? I cannot believe he gets selected for England when all he is, is a strong runner. His finishing is poor, his control is poor, not particularly a good passer and is only really good at running. He's a failed striker who will be drafted out wide as consequence, just like dirk Kuyt but without the crossing abilities and tenacity. So now he is known as a shit Dirk Kuyt.

After only scoring 1 goal all season for the scum I dont see mass calls for him to leave from club or fans or media..

Great top post by the way Nip. Oh and you cant use the word 'hater'..agent Pudge will be on yer case..

I like to put my point across yes...............................;)

samharris said:
pudge said:
samharris said:

I like to put my point across yes...............................;)
Regardless of how childish and wrong it is...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.