Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apart from Pellegrini - is there anyone else who STILL doesnt realize Dzeko cant shoot penalties?

:-)

Felix Magath learned this about 5 years ago at Wolfsburg - where's the word out to Pelle? :-)

On another note - lof you folks do realize (I hope) Negredo will need at least a year to even adopt to the EPL?
Spanish league is a "bit" different than what he'll be facing in England...:-)
Dzeko-Aguero opening day strike partners - as it should be at this moment. Book it.

samharris said:
pudge said:
samharris said:
I like to put my point across yes...............................;)
Regardless of how childish and wrong it is...... ;)

If it wasnt wrong youd not reply and if it wasnt childish you wouldnt understand it....... ;)
Yep, impossible to reply with the intent to correct. Especially when you're replying to something you weren't even involved in but for some reason get mentioned.

You're just a "hater"

Am I using that correctly sam? Or am I over reacting and labeling you incorrectly?

Because there's only one poster on this entire forum who has said they "hate" Dzeko, and that was Benarbia....

So to group any amount of posters together who have never expressed that same feeling simply because they don't rate him as highly as yourself is ignorant, childish and lacking in any substance.

Apologies at trying to point that out to you before, if you didn't appreciate it you should refrain from bringing me into your posts like you did today.

EaglesFan said:
So, apart from Pellegrini - is there anyone else who STILL doesnt realize Dzeko cant shoot penalties?

Felix Magath learned this about 5 years ago at Wolfsburg - where's the word out to Pelle? :-)

On another note - lof you folks do realize (I hope) Negredo will need at least a year to even adopt to the EPL?
Dzeko-Aguero opening day strike partners - as it should be at this moment. Book it.

negredo needs no adapting. he is a direct player. he should have come to the premier league a long time ago.

EaglesFan said:

Aguero seemed to manage it okay; 30 goals (in all competitions) in his first season in England after coming from La Liga.

jimharri said:
EaglesFan said:

Aguero seemed to manage it okay; 30 goals (in all competitions) in his first season in England after coming from La Liga.

Not to mention Silva and YaYa, who both only took a few weeks to find their feet in our team. And our league!

Vienna_70 said:
jimharri said:
EaglesFan said:

Not to mention Silva and YaYa, who both only took a few weeks to find their feet in our team. And our league!

John Aldridge vice versa.

I know that Dzeko can't score penalties since his Wolfsburg days but why's that? He's a striker!
------------

If there's one thing dzeko lovers and 'haters' will agree on is that he can score goals. No question about that. So why the same goal stats every day? Where are the stats for being dispossessed, breaking down promising moves losing the ball, etc....

I think Dzeko will be a star this season and score 30 goals for us in all competitions.
Loved the way he played against Sunderland.

Jumanji said:
I know that Dzeko can't score penalties since his Wolfsburg days but why's that? He's a striker!
------------

If there's one thing dzeko lovers and 'haters' will agree on is that he can score goals. No question about that. So why the same goal stats every day? Where are the stats for being dispossessed, breaking down promising moves losing the ball, etc....

It's hard to generate these types of stats as it would need someone to watch every game all the way through and record it all. Something like "breaking down promising moves losing the ball" is also a very subjective thing to assess, so the numbers would vary depending on who was making the assessment.

However, it is possible to show the effect a player has on the success of the team due to all aspects of his play, including the examples you gave, along with things like running off the ball to create space for others, assisting an assist, making a bad pass, etc. They do it in ice hockey, because they make so many substitutions during a game, so it's not easy to figure out which players are contributing more to the team. It consists of seeing how many goals the team scores and concedes while each player is on the ice. You can do the same in football, and I have done just that for Tevez, Dzeko, and Aguero for every competitive game last season, and also the season before (and also a combination of the two to improve the reliability of the stats). I also did the same analysis for each striker pairing. I already posted the results in a separate thread, but if you think it might be useful here so that we don't just focus on the goals scored by the strikers, but on their general contribution to the team, let me know and I'll post them again.

p.s. despite your optimism, I'm not sure everyone does definitively agree that Dzeko can score goals (at least not as a starter for us), but I can almost guarantee that even his staunchest supporters will agree that he's bloody horrible at taking penalties and shouldn't take any more for us. Same goes for Spanish Dave, amazingly enough - can't he just pass it into the corner, for God's sake. I bet if he was surrounded by three defenders and Zabba made a run to the far post, he could place it perfectly right in front of him into the corner every time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.