Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
samharris said:
who called you a hater??I didnt.. just pointing out the similarites of the gilligham game and the QPR one..

If you dont think the 1-6 is one of the biggest games in City history or that Dickov isnt a legend then Im barking up the wrong tree.

In the 6-1 his first goal bounced off his knee, he knew fuck all about it, the second one was laid on a plate for him, hardly legend stuff.

samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
samharris said:
Oh yeah Gillingham.. the game where Dickov scored an injury time equaliser to help City get to penalties to win and gain promotion and propel him to legendary status amongst the City fans..

Whereas; and you fell right into this, Edin Dzeko scores an injury time equaliser against QPR to help City win the game thus winning the title for the first time in over 40 years..

And what does he get for his troubles. ???

hes; shite , he's gash, he doesnt do enough!! blah blah fucking blah..
I cant believe im having to stick up for a player who did that for City..

Like I said before im not a hater so I have fallen in to nothing and I have thanked Dzeko a million times over for his contribution in the QPR game also not a big fan of Dickov but also very thankful for the goal

who called you a hater??I didnt.. just pointing out the similarites of the gilligham game and the QPR one..

If you dont think the 1-6 is one of the biggest games in City history or that Dickov isnt a legend then Im barking up the wrong tree.
I said neither of them. I said Dickov isn't my cup of tea and he lost some love from me when he celebrated like he won the world cup when he scored against us.
You said that in the last 35 years it was one of our biggest games. Game wise and what was at stake wasnt huge as suck. The result means it was but the game itself to begin with was just another derby, if you get what I mean by that, lol

pominoz said:
samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well if we ignore the Gillingham play off final, bit more at stake than the 1-6

Also he came on at 1-3 at the swamp he scored twice but he should of scored 4

It should of been ten, it should of bennnnnn tennnnnnnnnn

Oh yeah Gillingham.. the game where Dickov scored an injury time equaliser to help City get to penalties to win and gain promotion and propel him to legendary status amongst the City fans..

Whereas; and you fell right into this, Edin Dzeko scores an injury time equaliser against QPR to help City win the game thus winning the title for the first time in over 40 years..

-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 pm --

@BluePhil8 said:
To be fair though Sam, those are only two games in two and a half years. Each season we play United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham twice in the League as well as any additional Cup fixtures. We also play six Champions’ League Group Game fixtures. So if we do some quick (probably inaccurate maths) Those are only two games out of a potential 32 games in the last two seasons alone.

Edit* By the way, i know he has done the business against Tottenham and in a few of the Champions League games. I’m not asking for a list for all the major games he has performed in. .

Im just replying to a poster who said he didnt trust Edin in big games,,

Those 2 games will go down in history ffs.

It's his fucking job, Sam.
If he had of given all that he has in him, in the previous games, it would not have come down to the last game of the season.
Why is it so hard for you to see this point of view?

Seriously!! and I want to be perfectly clear,,

whaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuckk!!

is it just me? am I fighting a lost cause??

please someone tell me im not wasting my time..am I being wummed and not getting it??

because if thats not a wum...its truly fwumpadoody..

and im fucked if know what fwumpadoody means.

Jumanji said:
Someone posted stats on here last night saying that Dzeko had less unsuccessful touches than Tevez (who doesn't have the glossiest touch, anyway, but it's alright).

Anyone who actually believes that Dzeko has a better touch is sick in the head.

Tevez gets on the ball waaaaaay more than Dzeko so it's no surprise he may have 5 or more unsuccessful touches statistically. (However many it was).

Also Tevez played in the crowded area between two banks of four usually. Any less than sticky touch would be harder to recover.

Dzeko as he's subbed in a lot can recover some of those poor touches as he's fresher than everyone else...part of the reason he looks a completely different player a sub.

I partly agree with you on that last part. There are times when he comes off the bench and you can tell he's going to dominate. He's winning headers, good touches, even making nice feeds to others. I've always wondered about his conditioning and the way he seems to breathe so heavy so often(partly some anxiety maybe?)..Not really sure what it is but that hunger is lost too often and that's why some are not big on him imo. Edin is extremely smart though and even at those times when he didn't have proper service and things weren't going well for him(passes were going backwards instead of crosses and feeds to him, bad touches on his part, etc) he would get open in spots to eventually give us a chance for a goal(i remember so many games where other strikers wouldn't be positioned in the right place or would miss too many chances). It's a skill in itself imo.

1. I am Bosnian but I dont think Edin is "God" and I know his limitations VERY WELL.

2. What baffles me is that some people somehow fail to realize that he built his career (pretty great one at that) on SCORING e.g. having an extraordinary feeling for back of the net (getting in great positions, one-on-one finishing, just goal-scoring in general).

Not pace. Not dribbling. Not finesse. Not creativity. Scoring GOALS.

Yet - people still keep comparing him to the likes of Aguero and Tevez...and more frustratingly - EVALUATE his value based on lack of skills that are typically not present in forwards of his profile?? Just how short-sighted is that?

3. I think being moderate is a virtue. Even when it comes to evaluating players. That's why "donkey", "gash" and such exaggerations piss me the f*ck off...

I'm sure that goes for many Dzeko fans.

Adam Johnson pissed me off on so many levels (for example) football-wise - but I would never call him "gash"... He just has limitations - and they are what you discuss and shout about.

Calling any shitload-of-money worth players "gash" just comes out plain stupid and ignorant, that's all...some perspective.

pominoz said:
samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

@BluePhil8 said:
To be fair though Sam, those are only two games in two and a half years. Each season we play United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Tottenham twice in the League as well as any additional Cup fixtures. We also play six Champions’ League Group Game fixtures. So if we do some quick (probably inaccurate maths) Those are only two games out of a potential 32 games in the last two seasons alone.

Edit* By the way, i know he has done the business against Tottenham and in a few of the Champions League games. I’m not asking for a list for all the major games he has performed in. .

If he had of given all that he has in him, in the previous games, it would not have come down to the last game of the season.

You just don't like the guy i get that, but to single him out like that is just fucking beyond embarrassing. We have other 20+ players who also could have done better through out the season, and maybe it would have not come to the last game as it did. Maybe if Tevez didn't fuck off for 6 months we would have won the league in April.

pominoz said:
samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

@BluePhil8 said:

You mean when he scored 4 against Spurs and then was on the subs bench the next game? if you look at his scoring stats of goals to shots etc.. he's there or there abouts with all the other strikers.
I think many of us are likely to side with Pellegrini, and trust his judgement on a player.
Plenty of strikers have off games, Ronaldo usually has one against City, Aguero had a quite a few where he didn't do anything, fell over and slipped in his new shiny Puma boots, but no, he gets the benefit of being a bright smiley chappie, and avoids any criticism, while Dzeko gets called lazy, shite etc... just saying...
When Dzeko scores crucial goals 4 against Spurs, against Utd, against QPR, WBA, Wigan ( the 1-0 away we needed to win) he's just doing his job, but Aguero gets hailed, and hoisted on his pedestal....., this is all down to the Mancini criticism of Dzeko, Mancini wouldn't have dared criticise Aguero the same way he did Dzeko, or he would've had an enraged Maradonna kicking down his door...!!!!!
Dzeko needs a big season, but so do a few of our players, if Manny P believes in him, then, for now, that's good enough for me.

samharris said:
pominoz said:
samharris said:

please someone tell me im not wasting my time..am I being wummed and not getting it??

I agree with you but I've given up on this thread really.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
samharris said:
pominoz said:

I agree with you but I've given up on this thread really.

Thanks...just needed to know im not alone..

The truth is out there. :)

pominoz said:
samharris said:

In the 6-1 his first goal bounced off his knee, he knew fuck all about it, the second one was laid on a plate for him, hardly legend stuff.

I wonder what the scoreboard will say in 40 years time at the City hall of fame museum..

Oh yeah united 1 - City 6 Balotelli 2, Dzeko 2,Silva 1,Aguero 1

I dont think there will be references to knees & plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.