Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
BosnianDragon said:
Dzeko heaters, you have no choice than to admit that he was the best MC’s striker in last two seasons (probably overall player too). Don’t know what future brings but the past is something which is factual and provable.
Everything else is just subjective BS including your opinions and delusional conclusions.
However, all that is irrelevant since only team can win titles. Individual football does not work.
mHM3DMk.gif
laughing-puppets-o.gif

samharris said:
Caveman said:
samharris said:
Yet this is excactly what you are doing fella..those stats are based on facts not assumptions that if Edin hadnt scored someone else may have..

You cant argue against the truth...facts are what 'has' happened..assumptions are what 'could' happen.. Big difference...sorry did I say big,I meant monumental..

We have posters on here who dont rate Dzeko and put him at 4th choice striker behind 3 players who are not prem tested..

Now thats monumental, and not in a good sense. Judge players on what they have done for City not what you think they will do..

These players have a 40 goal deficit 'each' to make up before theyve even matched Edins achievements at City..

The very same way the Pelle has to get 1 title,1 FA cup & 1 charity shield to match Bob.

Ps.thats not a dig a Pelle before anyone starts..
When I said "...because the situation could have..." right after the bit you highlighted, shows I didn't make an assumption.

Was talking generally fella as your post was the best one to reply to..those its aimed at know excactly what I mean..In a court of law facts win cases assumptions lose them..
But this is a forum where many assumptions are made and are right to be made. Real life and sport don't follow the rules of a court of law.

So from the original post I quoted which said something like "without Džeko's goals against Spurs and Fulham the title race would have been over by November" I was right to question that assumption.

I think the debate around Dzeko centres largely on what we City fans like to see from our players. It is funny that we all collectively want to see Guidetti play and many want him to be used as one of our first 3 or 4 strikers. This is based on one good season abroad and in spite of the fact he has had several injury problems.

We loved Tevez because he worked hard for the team and showed fight and determination. Players like that are ones we love to see as City fans. This is despite Tevez going awol and most of us forgiving him. Dzeko does what he has to do, he scores. Sometimes his touch is lacking but with a consistent run in the side and a shape that suits his play he will be very effective. That chance he took against Real I would back him to score 9 times out of 10, I wouldn't back any of our strikers more. He is a valuable piece of the puzzle, if we were to press high up the pitch and use Aguero to do a lot of the running, Dzeko staying up top and just bagging goals would work very effectively.

It is similar to Robinho and Elano in a way. Whilst they were capable of match winning moments they didnt leave it all on the pitch like Milner would do. Having a balanced side, which we now have should mean that players like Milner, Rodwell, Aguero etc who work hard off the ball can allow players like Yaya, Silva, Dzeko time and space to do their jobs more effectively.

Dzeko still needs to work hard and put effort in and not perform like he did at Spurs away but he does need some more slack from fans because he consistently scores goals.

samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
BosnianDragon said:
Dzeko heaters, you have no choice than to admit that he was the best MC’s striker in last two seasons (probably overall player too). Don’t know what future brings but the past is something which is factual and provable.
Everything else is just subjective BS including your opinions and delusional conclusions.
However, all that is irrelevant since only team can win titles. Individual football does not work.
This is why people cannot take Bosnians seriously on this forum

Dzeko is Bosnian and many on here dont take him seriously..

Bosnians it seems, cant win.

That is bullshit, and you know it.

We (the haters, as we are called) do not criticise Dzeko because he is a Bosnian, we do it because he more often than not, is a fucking liability in games.

He can be a great player, but needs to man the fuck up, and play for the team, not go on a half season strop because the boss did not give him a cuddle or started him when he failed to show up in the previous game.

As for the Bosnians (apart from a couple of them), he could score 3 own goals and they would still find a way of blaming every other player on the team but him.

samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
BosnianDragon said:

Well, Sam, now's your chance. Prove to us all he's our best overall player. You sprint around ready to pull up anyone that has a criticism of Dzeko, so this is your chance for your shining moment. Tell us convincingly how he's been our best overall player the past two years.

I think we are going to have to accept that Dzeko is staying this season. It is disappointing, I would much rather have kept Tevez but I understand the club wanting to offload his wage and recuperate some of his transfer fee. I think there are currently a lot of myths going around on Bluemoon regarding Dzeko; Navas isn’t going to magically increase Dzeko’s productivity, over the last two and a half years whenever we have got the delivery to him aerially, he has rarely dominated opponents. Also, regarding him being a confidence player, this is bull shit. Tevez was treated equally as poor by Mancini who constantly dragged him off; regardless of how well he was playing. Yet still week in week out he would play at maximum capacity. We are a top team. Top teams don’t need confidence players. Adel Taarabt is a confidence player. Are Van Persie, Rooney, Aguero, Lukaku, Ronaldo, Messi, Falcao, Ibrahimovic and Cavani confidence players? No. They are top class players, no matter what system, no matter what manager, no matter how much playing time they get.

That being said, I do expect him to well for us this season if he starts in a lot of games. I think with Dzeko, you have to accept the good with the bad. Is his touch an abomination? Yes. Is he surprisingly weak for a big man? Yes. Is he powerful enough to beat opponents in the air? No. Will he miss a lot of chances? Yes. But, he will keep getting in the positions to miss those chances. Importantly, he will score 20+ goals for us.

One thing I can’t stand though is the Bosnian fans who come on Bluemoon and post comments like “Dzeko is your best player over the last two seasons”. It is infuriating. I hate it when they justify Dzeko’s mistakes by insulting our “midgets”. I hate how they refuse to acknowlage any of his short comings and pin the blame on our Manager, our Board, our fans, our other players. Isn’t it enough to just say, “Yes he is a limited player, but he will score you a guaranteed 20+ goals in the league”. No one wants to hear about how he is the second coming of Jesus Christ, because quite frankly, that’s absurd.

samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
BosnianDragon said:

I take every player very seriously. I dont hate Dzeko, well I did when he gave up last season because its nearly unforgivable to do that.
The problem people like this guy cause though are almost irreversible, it is beyond fantasy and bullshit what I highlighted he said. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I understand Bosnians have a love affair with there greatest export and even that is fair enough but what he wrote isn't just wrong its damaging to the other Bosnians who make decent points

taconinja said:
samharris said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Well, Sam, now's your chance. Prove to us all he's our best overall player. You sprint around ready to pull up anyone that has a criticism of Dzeko, so this is your chance for your shining moment. Tell us convincingly how he's been our best overall player the past two years.

When the fuck have I said hes our best player, im just sticking up for a City player whos being labelled as shite, a liabilty and gash..

when hes none of these..

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
my problem with Dzeko, and this is probably just me, is that I dont trust him in the big big games, I dont think hes good enough, although I hope he proves me wrong.

Two of the biggest games for City in the last 35 years were...

The 1-6 at the swamp.
The title winner against QPR.

Nowt else needs to be said mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.