Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
This is how I phrased it initially:

Which is true, and offers perspective.
It offers exactly the opposite of perspective. Offering perspective would have been to state that his passes generated the 2:0 lead and that they were still at over 80% despite playing in the most forward position, and despite createing more clear cut scoring chances than Aguero and Negredo. That's perspective.
I'd say Aguero played further forward than Dzeko.

Perspective would also be to say Negredo played 10 minutes...
Dzeko plays the most forward position. Aguero is best played behind the striker, in fact most of his career Aguero played behind striker.

Alot of betting houses are predicting that Dzeko will score against Cardiff.
Damn can't wait for sunday :)

pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
It wasn't the best, it was the second worst.

Because I'm referring to the Newcastle match. Not his own personal best

Well then that's your own fault for phrasing it incorrectly. Navas had 84% so he's bad too because he's the fourth worst on the team in passing % and right after him is Aguero with 86%, does that make him bad too? Negredo with 83%, is he bad too?

But your point is that his passing even though at 81% (whoscored.com), was not good enough because it was second worst on the team? That doesn't make sense. That's just looking for an excuse.
This is how I phrased it initially:

he had the lowest passing completion of our outfield players

Which is true, and offers perspective. Navas played 18 more passes than him, again perspective.

-- Aug 23rd, '13, 18:47 --

noise said:
pudge said:
I actually addressed a post saying that Dzeko was MOTM and played well.

I agreed with the latter and offered my opinion to the former.

Simple really.
Indeed, very simple.
I specifically like how you ignored when I was positive towards Edin's performance in that first post.

Eh, your argument still seems silly because if you are talking about "perspective" then lets talk about the tens of passes made between Vincent and Lescott. Or how about Fernan to Toure? Those passes, pad the stats pretty well. Safe passes that are quick and short.

Now that's speaking of defenders who weren't pressed really too bad by Newcastle and had plenty of time with the ball at their feet, especially when they went down a man. However Edin is on the other end of the pitch being put under pressure and towards the end of the game, had 2 defenders on him constantly. I think 81% out of a target man forward is pretty good, especially when his average was so dismal and on top of that winning 4/5 aerial duels.

Why can't these forum-fighters get banned? They call them "city fans" but they always are in a hurry to point out the negative sides of the players instead of just simply being happy about the 3 p and to be on top of the league. That sure is something...Just get rid of these rats around here, please!

evorus said:
Why can't these forum-fighters get banned? They call them "city fans" but they always are in a hurry to point out the negative sides of the players instead of just simply being happy about the 3 p and to be on top of the league. That sure is something...Just get rid of these rats around here, please!

Totally agree. too many threads turn into personal battles. Why can't people agree to disagree.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
A great flick and assist to Sergio, fair enough.

A deflected cross? Hardly insulting to state we got lucky with the break of the ball.

You might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact to be fair, sorry.

And again, you seem to be avoiding stating the other chances he created?
I am not I edited my post to include at least one. And yes it's insulting considering it's the main reason he got the MOTD and universal praise.
One more chance then, so that's 3. Forgive me for stating 2, how insulting of me

And once more, you might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact.

I've addressed his positives in his display that would say why he was praised and got MOTM, state two factual negatives and they come crawling out of the woodwork

To be fair all the players had at least two factual negatives.. Except Hart as he hardly touched the ball.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
evorus said:

Totally agree. too many threads turn into personal battles. Why can't people agree to disagree.

Some miserable sods are just not happy unless they're miserable sods..

samharris said:
pudge said:
noise said:
I am not I edited my post to include at least one. And yes it's insulting considering it's the main reason he got the MOTD and universal praise.
One more chance then, so that's 3. Forgive me for stating 2, how insulting of me

I've addressed his positives in his display that would say why he was praised and got MOTM, state two factual negatives and they come crawling out of the woodwork

To be fair all the players had at least two factual negatives.. Except Hart as he hardly touched the ball.
Yet stating 2 downsides to his otherwise great performance, In his own thread, is "shit"/"shitting on Dzeko"/silly/makes me a troll and a rat.

What's ironic is its not me who's accentuating the negatives, but more the positives I've stated are ignored. Like you said some people are just miserable sods I guess...

pudge said:
samharris said:
pudge said:

Yet stating 2 downsides to his otherwise great performance, In his own thread, is "shit"/"shitting on Dzeko"/silly/makes me a troll and a rat.

What's ironic is its not me who's accentuating the negatives, but more the positives I've stated are ignored. Like you said some people are just miserable sods I guess...

but you can't deny that you like to go on an occasional fishing trip...a fine fisherman you are sir..as your location states ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.