Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
Again I was never arguing that he has an outstanding pass completion rate, no one ever was, but when you compare the impact of his passes in this particular match (also as a most forward position) and all the clear cut scoring chances he created.. is it really fair to call his passing poor. It's insulting to be fair.
A great flick and assist to Sergio, fair enough.

A deflected cross? Hardly insulting to state we got lucky with the break of the ball.

You might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact to be fair, sorry.

And again, you seem to be avoiding stating the other chances he created?
I am not I edited my post to include at least one. And yes it's insulting considering it's the main reason he got the MOTD and universal praise.
One more chance then, so that's 3. Forgive me for stating 2, how insulting of me

And once more, you might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact.

I've addressed his positives in his display that would say why he was praised and got MOTM, state two factual negatives and they come crawling out of the woodwork

You say you're not arguing his passing percentage is outstanding.

And it's impossible to argue that he failed to score with 8 shots, again some more difficult than others to be fair.

Yet these were my initial and only 2 points in my initial post that you called "shit"

pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
Yet worse than everyone else bar Joe

Yeah, but considering it's an improvement to his 69% average from last year you can't say that his passing wasn't the best.

That's an oxymoron.
It wasn't the best, it was the second worst.

Because I'm referring to the Newcastle match. Not his own personal best

Well then that's your own fault for phrasing it incorrectly. Navas had 84% so he's bad too because he's the fourth worst on the team in passing % and right after him is Aguero with 86%, does that make him bad too? Negredo with 83%, is he bad too?

But your point is that his passing even though at 81% (whoscored.com), was not good enough because it was second worst on the team? That doesn't make sense. That's just looking for an excuse.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
A great flick and assist to Sergio, fair enough.

A deflected cross? Hardly insulting to state we got lucky with the break of the ball.

You might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact to be fair, sorry.

And again, you seem to be avoiding stating the other chances he created?
I am not I edited my post to include at least one. And yes it's insulting considering it's the main reason he got the MOTD and universal praise.
One more chance then, so that's 3. Forgive me for stating 2, how insulting of me

I've addressed his positives in his display that would say why he was praised and got MOTM, state two factual negatives and they come crawling out of the woodwork
But why else would you bring up a stat like his pass completion rate other than to deride his achievement. In fact your fist post on this thread after the match was to say that you think Navas deserved the MOTM more. Why post it in this thread if you weren't trolling?

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

But why else would you bring up a stat like the poor pass completion rate other than to deride his achievement. In fact your fist post on this thread after the match was to say that you think Navas deserved the MOTM more. Why post it in this thread if you weren't trolling?
I actually addressed a post saying that Dzeko was MOTM and played well.

I agreed with the latter and offered my opinion to the former.

Simple really.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

But why else would you bring up a stat like the poor pass completion rate other than to deride his achievement. In fact your fist post on this thread after the match was to say that you think Navas deserved the MOTM more. Why post it in this thread if you weren't trolling?

Simple really.
Indeed, very simple.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Yeah, but considering it's an improvement to his 69% average from last year you can't say that his passing wasn't the best.

That's an oxymoron.

Well then that's your own fault for phrasing it incorrectly. Navas had 84% so he's bad too because he's the fourth worst on the team in passing % and right after him is Aguero with 86%, does that make him bad too? Negredo with 83%, is he bad too?

But your point is that his passing even though at 81% (whoscored.com), was not good enough because it was second worst on the team? That doesn't make sense. That's just looking for an excuse.
This is how I phrased it initially:

he had the lowest passing completion of our outfield players

Which is true, and offers perspective. Navas played 18 more passes than him, again perspective.

-- Aug 23rd, '13, 18:47 --

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Simple really.
Indeed, very simple.
I specifically like how you ignored when I was positive towards Edin's performance in that first post.

pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:

Which is true, and offers perspective.
It offers exactly the opposite of perspective. Offering perspective would have been to state that his passes generated the 2:0 lead and that they were still at over 80% despite playing in the most forward position, and despite createing more clear cut scoring chances than Aguero and Negredo. That's perspective.

noise said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

Which is true, and offers perspective.
It offers exactly the opposite of perspective. Offering perspective would have been to state that his passes generated the 2:0 lead and that they were still at over 80% despite playing in the most forward position, and despite createing more clear cut scoring chances than Aguero and Negredo. That's perspective.
I'd say Aguero played further forward than Dzeko.

Perspective would also be to say Negredo played 10 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.