Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
noise said:
How many defensive clearances did he have, how many clear cut chances did he create, how successful was his pressing? Creativity? You're digging for a way to deride his performance.. which was in the eyes of many one of his best performances in a City shirt, according to many even better than the record breaking 4 vs. Spurs.

It's not just one match either, Dzeko's been on fire since Mancini got canned. Post-seasons friendlies, pre-season and the first game of the season.
Successful was he pressing? There's not even a feasible stat alive for that.

Creativity? 2 assists.

Defensive clearances, if your able to find that without keeping a close eye whilst rewatching the entrie game go ahed.

Clear cut chances he created? Those 2 assists really were it.

And again, I've praised other aspects of his game.

But his finishing was poor and his passing wasn't the best.

If highlighting those 2, whilst already giving praise to his otherwise good performance, is trolling and 'shitting' on him then fuck me, this thread got even more touchy somehow

Nitpicking commence.

His passing was 80%, better then anything he had last year I believe?
Yet worse than everyone else bar Joe

pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
Successful was he pressing? There's not even a feasible stat alive for that.

Creativity? 2 assists.

Defensive clearances, if your able to find that without keeping a close eye whilst rewatching the entrie game go ahed.

Clear cut chances he created? Those 2 assists really were it.

And again, I've praised other aspects of his game.

But his finishing was poor and his passing wasn't the best.

If highlighting those 2, whilst already giving praise to his otherwise good performance, is trolling and 'shitting' on him then fuck me, this thread got even more touchy somehow

Nitpicking commence.

Yeah, but considering it's an improvement to his 69% average from last year you can't say that his passing wasn't the best.

That's an oxymoron.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Nitpicking commence.

Yeah, but considering it's an improvement to his 69% average from last year you can't say that his passing wasn't the best.

That's an oxymoron.
It wasn't the best, it was the second worst.

Because I'm referring to the Newcastle match. Not his own personal best

pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:

That's an oxymoron.

Because I'm referring to the Newcastle match.

Who had the worst? And do you realize, players in forward position have the least amount of passing options. Also clear cut scoring chances he created (more than 2 definitely) means his passing was the most effective.

noise said:
pudge said:
LookIfoundmyKnob said:

That's an oxymoron.

Who had the worst? And do you realize, players in forward position have the least amount of passing options. Also clear cut scoring chances he created (more than 2 definitely) means his passing was the most effective.
What were the other "clear cut chances" he created?

Also, yes I do realize that, and Aguero and Negredo both managed better rates of completion.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

Also, yes I do realize that, and Aguero and Negredo both managed better rates of completion.
Again who had the worst pass completion, or are you just going to avoid it because it doesn't suit your agenda? (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hreWyZIQqr4#t=104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Qqr4#t=104</a> 1m 45s pass to Yaya just to name one other clear cut chance he created that your biased stats decided to ignore 1m 04).

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Again who had the worst pass completion, or are you just going to avoid it because it doesn't suit your agenda?
How am I avoiding it, I've stated it 3 separate times?

Joe.

Are you simply trying to avoid reading my posts or just trolling as usual?

he had the lowest passing completion of our outfield players

Stated, and factual

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

Again who had the worst pass completion, or are you just going to avoid it because it doesn't suit your agenda?

Joe.

Again I was never arguing that he has an outstanding pass completion rate, no one ever was, but when you compare the impact of his passes in this particular match (also as a most forward position) and all the clear cut scoring chances he created.. is it really fair to call his passing poor. It's insulting to be fair. Considering Dzeko's passes led us to 2:0.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Joe.

Again I was never arguing that he has an outstanding pass completion rate, no one ever was, but when you compare the impact of his passes in this particular match (also as a most forward position) and all the clear cut scoring chances he created.. is it really fair to call his passing poor. It's insulting to be fair.
A great flick and assist to Sergio, fair enough.

A deflected cross? Hardly insulting to state we got lucky with the break of the ball.

You might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact to be fair, sorry.

And again, you seem to be avoiding stating the other chances he created?

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

Joe.

Again I was never arguing that he has an outstanding pass completion rate, no one ever was, but when you compare the impact of his passes in this particular match (also as a most forward position) and all the clear cut scoring chances he created.. is it really fair to call his passing poor. It's insulting to be fair.
A great flick and assist to Sergio, fair enough.

A deflected cross? Hardly insulting to state we got lucky with the break of the ball.

You might think it's insulting, but it's a statistical fact to be fair, sorry.

And again, you seem to be avoiding stating the other chances he created?
I am not I edited my post to include at least one. And yes it's insulting considering it's the main reason he got the MOTD and universal praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.