Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Pudge, I don't understand your point. When did how you score goals become more important than actually scoring. Dzeko has been effective whilst things weren't clicking for Aguero and Tevez surely that is what we want. If we did sign Le Fondre and he was our top scorer then I would look at it as a good investment. Is it some sort of snobbery about the way they play, is looking good more important than the ball in the back of the net. I don't understand the negativity around Dzeko, we have been lucky that when things weren't going well for Aguero, Dzeko came up with goals and hopefully seeing Kuns second half performance against Liverpool he has got his mojo back. Everyones a winner for me.

kalouk said:
Pudge, I don't understand your point. When did how you score goals become more important than actually scoring. Dzeko has been effective whilst things weren't clicking for Aguero and Tevez surely that is what we want. If we did sign Le Fondre and he was our top scorer then I would look at it as a good investment. Is it some sort of snobbery about the way they play, is looking good more important than the ball in the back of the net. I don't understand the negativity around Dzeko, we have been lucky that when things weren't going well for Aguero, Dzeko came up with goals and hopefully seeing Kuns second half performance against Liverpool he has got his mojo back. Everyones a winner for me.
voice of reason, also Aguero scored against Sweden today, hopefully he's back!

kalouk said:
You said it's about goals for a player.

Not how they go in, or how they link up.

If that's the case why don't we just sign players like Le Fondre? And why don't they go for £20m +?

pudge said:
kalouk said:

If that's the case why don't we just sign players like Le Fondre? And why don't they go for £20m +?
How they go about scoring or playing is subjective and it can't be measured. Unlike the actual goals which are a quantifiable contribution to the team.

In this argument only one side has the facts.

noise said:
pudge said:
kalouk said:

How they go about scoring or playing is subjective and it can't be measured. Unlike the actual goals which are a quantifiable contribution to the team.

What facts?

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

What facts?
Dzeko is our best striker this season.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

What facts?
Dzeko is our best striker this season.
And I didn't nor am I debating that

Surely it is about goals. I don't see what the price of a footballer really brings to the argument, Michu was cheap does that make him a lesser footballer than Andy Carroll who was expensive? I still believe it is about what a player adds to our team and at the moment Dzeko is adding goals which are winning us games. It's the three points that count and as we know you don't get any more for how they were scored. I don't care if the goal is scored off one of our strikers arses as they tie their laces if it wins us 3 points.

kalouk said:
Surely it is about goals. I don't see what the price of a footballer really brings to the argument, Michu was cheap does that make him a lesser footballer than Andy Carroll who was expensive? I still believe it is about what a player adds to our team and at the moment Dzeko is adding goals which are winning us games. It's the three points that count and as we know you don't get any more for how they were scored. I don't care if the goal is scored off one of our strikers arses as they tie their laces if it wins us 3 points.
If it's simply just about goals then tell me this;

Is 348 games, 145 goals and 18 assists good for a striker?

If so, how much would you reckon that striker would be worth for arguments sake?

pudge said:
kalouk said:
If it's simply just about goals then tell me this;

Is 348 games, 145 goals and 18 assists good for a striker?

If so, how much would you reckon that striker would be worth for arguments sake?

It depends on who the goals are against. And if those goals contributed to any meaningful victories. Like for instance, winning PL or Bundesliga (or any other major league, Spain or Italy for instance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.