Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pudge said:
jauganaut said:
Wow. I don't even like Dzeko that much but so much hate for our own
player, especially a player who has made so many vital contributions is sickening
This guy is just a different player, and he has tried so hard with laudable success to adapt to our style of play and yet so much vitriol.
This thread is named Edin Dzeko Legend, but after reading through it I think it should read
Edin Dzeko Murderer
<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/04/edin_dzeko_everett_resident_ar.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... ent_ar.php</a>

I tried, i tried so hard to not spit my wine out loling...i failed.

Brilliant pudge.

noise said:
CTID101 said:
For the record I like Dzeko and he is a good player but outside of his goals he is largely useless
Early on during this season we conceded a lot of goals from set pieces. That's why Mancini likes to use him for set piece defense. Mancini has said this publicly in one of the interviews.

As for the rest of your post, his passing is actually not as bad as everyone claims. Someone posted the stats on this while back. He wins more air duels than anyone else on the team. He also knows how to create space. Often pulling 2 defenders with him.

These are subtle things, people who don't understand soccer, will often overlook. Which is understandable. What's not understandable is the amount of hate directed at him despite clearly being in form and contributing significantly to our recent victories.
As I said, people will be blinded by their loyalty to him and others don't like him and their opinion won't change.

At times it is good, he did a pass last week v Arsenal that I just said to myself fuck me that was top drawer but a few weeks earlier he just passed off the pitch and you could hear the screams of disappointment.

He has some blinding games where everything goes right but then some proper shockers that get masked I think if he nicks a goal.

Fuck me sideways, so many linguistics experts on here. Who honestly gives a shit whether people who post are American/Bosnian or not? They're as equally entitled to an opinion as if they were born in Failsworth or Moss Side.
Actually, I don't even know why I'm defending Dzeko anymore, the ones doubting him are the pig-ignorant ones who are just too proud/stubborn to change their first impressions. The facts tell us that Kun and Dzeko is our best partnership. Tevez works harder than Dzeko, but it's not like Edin is like Berbatov, in the way he just mopes around the pitch. I remember Steve McLaren saying how Edin must work harder on the pitch if he is to succeed. It's no surprise that now he's doing that, he's getting goals. And that's MUCH more than what Carlos is doing now.

Let's be honest - Dzeko never really seems in control of the football when he has possession of it, he never seems absolutely sure about what he's going to do with the ball while running with it and it's because of this that he really doesn't suit the style of football we play from the start of the game. We can do better than Dzeko without spending any money in the summer (Fernando Llorente's contract has run to its end) but I still wouldn't get rid of him...

Dzeko is perfect for the style of football we play when chasing the game. Kolarov and Dzeko come off the bench and we more often than not reap the rewards. There's nobody else in our team that I'd rather have coming onto a cross at the far post, or pouncing on a knockdown, or beating a defender in the air. Dzeko is the classic example of a poacher in modern football - feeding off scraps and grabbing whatever he can, showing great movement off the ball in the box and finishing off what others create for him. Those of you having a go at Dzeko for confidently celebrating tap-ins made by others are being silly; Silva has said himself that he enjoys creating goals for others just as much as he enjoys scoring himself, and if Dzeko is confident he's normally at his best.

Although he's frustrating, he is one of the best strikers we've ever had at the club. He might be the most hopeless world-class striker I've ever seen, but I think that's why I love him. Out of anyone else on the team, I'm always happiest when Dzeko scores because I know how much he's struggled to get a starting place and convince Mancini he's worth giving a run of games.

MCFC BOB said:
Let's be honest - Dzeko never really seems in control of the football when he has possession of it, he never seems absolutely sure about what he's going to do with the ball while running with it and it's because of this that he really doesn't suit the style of football we play from the start of the game. We can do better than Dzeko without spending any money in the summer (Fernando Llorente's contract has run to its end) but I still wouldn't get rid of him...

Dzeko is perfect for the style of football we play when chasing the game. Kolarov and Dzeko come off the bench and we more often than not reap the rewards. There's nobody else in our team that I'd rather have coming onto a cross at the far post, or pouncing on a knockdown, or beating a defender in the air. Dzeko is the classic example of a poacher in modern football - feeding off scraps and grabbing whatever he can, showing great movement off the ball in the box and finishing off what others create for him. Those of you having a go at Dzeko for confidently celebrating tap-ins made by others are being silly; Silva has said himself that he enjoys creating goals for others just as much as he enjoys scoring himself, and if Dzeko is confident he's normally at his best.

Although he's frustrating, he is one of the best strikers we've ever had at the club. He might be the most hopeless world-class striker I've ever seen, but I think that's why I love him. Out of anyone else on the team, I'm always happiest when Dzeko scores because I know how much he's struggled to get a starting place and convince Mancini he's worth giving a run of games.

Good post that BOB, good post indeed.

pudge said:
jauganaut said:
player, especially a player who has made so many vital contributions is sickening
This guy is just a different player, and he has tried so hard with laudable success to adapt to our style of play and yet so much vitriol.
This thread is named Edin Dzeko Legend, but after reading through it I think it should read
Edin Dzeko Murderer
<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/04/edin_dzeko_everett_resident_ar.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... ent_ar.php</a>

pmsl

TCIB said:
pudge said:
jauganaut said:
Edin Dzeko Murderer

I tried, i tried so hard to not spit my wine out loling...i failed.

Brilliant pudge.
Bang to rights if you ask me

padotido said:
World class

Right, Fanboy

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=276268&start=170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=276268&start=170</a>

"unexpected item" take a bow

unexpected item said:
padotido said:
Best football manager ever
6HkawSH.png

Roll On City said:
padotido said:
World class

Right, Fanboy

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=276268&start=170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=276268&start=170</a>

unexpected item said:
padotido said:
Best football manager ever
6HkawSH.png

Can we keep it as a pet?

pominoz said:
Roll On City said:
padotido said:
World class

Right, Fanboy

unexpected item said:

Can we keep it as a pet?
Yep, a donkey can take care of himself ... His fool's errand will keep him most occupied anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.