Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

taconinja said:
spamalot said:
Incredible isn't it. We have a great win against Leeds and instead of going to a Tevez or Kun thread and give them some praise, lets dig out the Dzeko thread and have a pop at good old Edin. You couldn't make it up.

For the record the year we won the Prem the 3 leading scorers were from memory -

Kun 23
Edin 13
Mario 12

Hhm only one of those appears on target this year.

Even though only on the pitch for 10 minutes there were a couple of quality touches from the big fella.
I might have sympathy but for very early on the match day discussion people started going on about "selfish" Aguero until he scored at least.

But again he is selfish rofl.. I dont know how 1 game versus leeds makes him fukin xavi. And yet people slag dzeko off when he scores and passes to people every fukin game.

In view of some fictional nonsense written above - here are some CORRECT statistics about Dzeko:

Player Stats for Ed Dzeko:

Year--Match--Min--Min/Match--G--Ast--G&Ast/Min--SHTS--SOG--SOG%
2010---15----846----56.4------2----2-----211-------30----10----33.3
2011---30----1497---49.9-----14---4-----83.2------86----35----40.7
2012---23----1191---51.8-----12---1-----91.6------54----24----44.4
Totals--68----3534---52.0-----28---7----100.9-----170---69----40.6

<a class="postlink" href="http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/epl/players.asp?player=62072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/epl/p ... ayer=62072</a>

No City player in the past 10 years comes close, maybe longer. If I am wrong, please present stats here so that we can compare.

Based on this - Edin has played a total of 52 minutes/game so far.

So when some misinformed quasi-fans here cite goals/game - they should keep in mind that "a game" lasts 90-95 minutes, not 52.

Ireland_for_pm said:
Our quick attacking football was back yesterday, I wonder why? Dzeko slows our play and his link up play is shite. Also makes us use long balls more often than we should which is not entirely his fault but he just doesn't suit our system. He is a goal threat though and a good option to bring on as a sub. Nothing more.

^^^This^^^

What does Dzeko have to do to be accepted as the world-class striker he is by all of us? He has won us most of our points this season and still we have people begging for his departure. Sure, he doesn't have the techincal ability of Aguero or Tevez but this season he is our only player who seems to remember most weeks where the back of the net is.

CityCTID said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
Our quick attacking football was back yesterday, I wonder why? Dzeko slows our play and his link up play is shite. Also makes us use long balls more often than we should which is not entirely his fault but he just doesn't suit our system. He is a goal threat though and a good option to bring on as a sub. Nothing more.

^^^This^^^
but if we change our style, he could score more than Tevez and Aguero. If we played to his strengths, he could score a sensational amount of goals. That is what people are getting at here.

Edin is class and we will only realise how good he was when he's gone. Easily in the top five strikers of the last 30 years vis a vis -

Trevor Francis
Nicolas Anelka
Carlos Tevez
Sergio Aguero
Edin Dzeko

Top player and top guy as well.

CityCTID said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

^^^This^^^

What?!?!?

Leeds plays in the Championship league - not the Premier League.

Are you telling me that 4 goals scored against a relegated club is an indication of our better attack when Dzeko is on the bench?

Oh my God - shoot me now pleaaseee!

BUNDESLIGA 2008-2009 - TOP SCORERS
Pos. Player Goals
1 Grafite 28
2 Edin Dzeko 26
3 Mario Gomez 24

BUNDESLIGA 2009-2010 - TOP SCORERS
Pos. Player Goals
1 Edin Dzeko 22
2 Stefan Kießling 21
3 Lucas Barrios 19

So it will happen, lucky boy?<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:00 pm --<br /><br />Now...

2012/13 STATS: PREMIER LEAGUE
PLAYER GOALS
Edin Dzeko 12
Sergio Agüero 9
Carlos Tevez 7

>Goal mashine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.