Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

the top 5 is in no particular order , but there have been no better strikers than those 5.

Seosa said:
NoahCity said:
CityCTID said:
^^^This^^^
but if we change our style, he could score more than Tevez and Aguero. If we played to his strengths, he could score a sensational amount of goals. That is what people are getting at here.

Why should we change our style of play for HIM?

A couple of reasons come to mind, He cost a lot of money and to not allow him to show his full potential and just replace him is wasteful. We know he can score lots of goals so provide the tools for him to do so. It would save us money by not having to replace him. Some feel a player of his quality should be able to adapt but maybe we are missing a trick by not seeing if Aguero can adapt better to Dzeko's style. A lot of people on here say our system doesn't work as well this season, it wouldn't hurt to try something a bit different before we go throwing the baby out with the bath water. It isn't for HIM it's for the team and how we could benefit.

blink922 said:
Boateng and Asamoah better than Silva. Incredible.

Silva is good for Spanish, Brazilian league, not for the English P. League.

Superr said:
blink922 said:
Boateng and Asamoah better than Silva. Incredible.

Silva is good for Spanish, Brazilian league, not for the English P. League.

This post brought to you by the Dzeko thread, the gift that keeps giving.

The cookie monster said:
Seosa said:
Kun Aguero said:
Please tell me that's not in order.

He actually believes Trevor Francis is the best striker we've had in the last 30 years.

The mentally malfunctioned cannot be helped.
Certainly from past players one of the best to wear a city shirt
So i certainly wouldnt be mocking him.

I'm too young to remeber Francis but to put Anelka ahead of the other three is ridculas!

Kun Aguero said:
The cookie monster said:
Seosa said:
He actually believes Trevor Francis is the best striker we've had in the last 30 years.

The mentally malfunctioned cannot be helped.
Certainly from past players one of the best to wear a city shirt
So i certainly wouldnt be mocking him.

I'm too young to remeber Francis but to put Anelka ahead of the other three is ridculas!

He didnt pal
No particular order

For the league championship:
Winner team: MAN CITY

_______Dzeko_____Aguero________
___________Asamoah____________
_Hazard________________Boateng_
_____________Yaya______________

Clichy__Nastasic__Kompany_Zabaleta
_____________Hart______________

Ireland_for_pm said:
WimbledonRd said:
CityCTID said:
^^^This^^^

What?!?!?

Leeds plays in the Championship league - not the Premier League.

Are you telling me that 4 goals scored against a relegated club is an indication of our better attack when Dzeko is on the bench?

Oh my God - shoot me now pleaaseee!
But can't you see that every time dzeko starts our slick passing, higher tempo and work rate is a lot better. And can people stop showing me his goal tally we all know and he's had more minutes on pitch than any other forward. Milan have started mario 3 games in a row got 4 goals. Maybe if he had started 2 games on trot he might of started to score. He never played 2 on trot, and when he did score against Wigan, he should of started against Everton but no he was on the bench. Strikers need a run of games like edin was given, although he scored goals his performances are not up to good standard.

You do write alot of nonsense you know that ?
Dzeko has played least minutes out of the 3 forwards up to date.

Tevez 1524 minutes played
Augero 1497 minutes played
Dzeko 1191 minutes played.

Thanks Cookie Monster. You picked up correctly that the 5 were in no particular order.

Tevez, Dzeko and Aguero all contributed to our success in the last 2 years.

Francis took us temporarily to the top of the league but the injuries blighted him. We broke the bank to sign him and he had won the European Cup for Forest. He was absolute quality and one of the quickest forwards ever to grace Maine Road. Once Swales decided to sell him for financial reasons I sensed the dream was over. We slid down the table, relegation followed and we had the mediocre years of the 80's and 90's.

Anelka was again quality, and had won the Champions League with Madrid and had a brilliant loan spell at Liverpool. He was class for us and ripped United apart on several occasions.

No-one else matches those 5 in the last 30 years in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.