Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Like many City fans , i'll be more than sad to see Edin Dzeko go , but it now looks likely ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/633290699?-1808:813:t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/633290699?-1808:813:t</a>

yatesy94 said:
He just isn't suited to the physical side of Premier League football. Wish him all the best if he leaves in the summer no doubt he'll flourish in a league like Serie A or Bundesliga.

Rubbish! Nothing to do with the physicality of english football. Of course he's suited to the premier league. Look how many goals he's scored!!! When you continue to play without wingers you won't get the best out of a quality striker like Edin. Be gutted to see him go. One of the best players we've ever had. If he has to go then I'd prefer Dortmund. He'll thrive there with their exciting attacking style.

Can't see us selling him, top scorer for us and is as much a plan B as we have. Top teams don't chop and change strikers every year.

Brendan110_0 said:
Can't see us selling him, top scorer for us and is as much a plan B as we have. Top teams don't chop and change strikers every year.

I wouldn't like to see Edin go for all his goals etc.

I still can't believe how shit he was in Dortmund and I am a massive Edin fan

pudge said:
DragonBoss said:

When you ignorantly put it that way, of course they would.

What's so ignorant about valuing strikers for their goals, midfielders for assists, defenders for tackles and goalies for clean sheets? Dzeko is our top striker in this season, yet he is judged how he walks, jumps and so on.

Mancini said many times that our strikers in total, had not scored enough goals in the season.
Because simplifying my argument down to saying all I want is to see "how high Dezko can jump" is just incredibly ignorant. I don't understand how you fail to see that, I can't put it any other way.

My argument is, do you think it's acceptable for a man of Dzeko's size (6'4") and stature to lose 70% of his arial duels in a match?

To be honest, what's the point of him winning headers if he's the only one up-front? It just comes back at us, rather than winning it in midfield and carrying on the attack.

Dzeko has never been a target man. Just because he's tall shouldn't mean he is typecast as one and expected to be a good one. He wasn't one for Wolfsburg, I suspect he isn't one for Bosnia and he certainly shouldn't be one for us. As I mentioned before, he is much better part of a 2 up-front, rather than the other striker playing behind/in front of him.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
pudge said:
DragonBoss said:
What's so ignorant about valuing strikers for their goals, midfielders for assists, defenders for tackles and goalies for clean sheets? Dzeko is our top striker in this season, yet he is judged how he walks, jumps and so on.

Mancini said many times that our strikers in total, had not scored enough goals in the season.
Because simplifying my argument down to saying all I want is to see "how high Dezko can jump" is just incredibly ignorant. I don't understand how you fail to see that, I can't put it any other way.

My argument is, do you think it's acceptable for a man of Dzeko's size (6'4") and stature to lose 70% of his arial duels in a match?

To be honest, what's the point of him winning headers if he's the only one up-front? It just comes back at us, rather than winning it in midfield and carrying on the attack.

Dzeko has never been a target man. Just because he's tall shouldn't mean he is typecast as one and expected to be a good one. He wasn't one for Wolfsburg, I suspect he isn't one for Bosnia and he certainly shouldn't be one for us. As I mentioned before, he is much better part of a 2 up-front, rather than the other striker playing behind/in front of him.
He wasn't up front by himself against Villa. And airal duels don't just happen at the attacking end of the pitch. Also, he doesn't have to head the ball forawrd/knock it on to retain possession, Benteke proved that whilst he was actually a lone striker.

I'm not saying he should win everything just because he's tall, but he should win more than 30% surely?

He's not brilliant in the air but he should be better given the tools he has. I feel he should put himself about a bit more.

pudge said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
pudge said:

He wasn't up front by himself against Villa. And airal duels don't just happen at the attacking end of the pitch. Also, he doesn't have to head the ball forawrd/knock it on to retain possession, Benteke proved that whilst he was actually a lone striker.

I'm not saying he should win everything just because he's tall, but he should win more than 30% surely?

He's not brilliant in the air but he should be better given the tools he has.

Perhaps it's a motivational thing, it's clear that the mental part of the game affects Edin massively. He defends corners very well for us, and he attacks crosses well too (away at Spurs, against United for Wolfsburg). Maybe he doesn't see the middle of the park as important as these areas?

Then again, maybe I'm just trying too hard to defend him now haha.

I like Dzeko, and it's a shame it's not really worked out for him at City, but I think it's fairly certain he'll leave this summer. He leaves us some good memories though; the four at Spurs, brace at OT, the pivotal goal against QPR (plus numerous late winners this season). He misses Bundesliga though, and wants regular football, so Dortmund is an obvious solution with Lewandowski leaving.

Ric said:
I like Dzeko, and it's a shame it's not really worked out for him at City, but I think it's fairly certain he'll leave this summer. He leaves us some good memories though; the four at Spurs, brace at OT, the pivotal goal against QPR (plus numerous late winners this season). He misses Bundesliga though, and wants regular football, so Dortmund is an obvious solution with Lewandowski leaving.

He would have been already out if he would have found a club that pays the same wages and the transfer fee. That did not work until now. But he would be stupid to sit out his contract until 2015...

I still retain the opinion of Dzeko being our No1 goal scorer in the team and ill start him in every game. He is obviously not as good an allround footballer as tevez or aguero but i believe he is more talented and capable when it comes to being an out and out striker and putting the ball in the back of the net.

Dzeko will more than likely score more goals than aguero if given the same opportunities on the pitch.

So for me, I hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.