Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Ireland_for_pm said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
I disliked him as a footballer until Newcastle away and then the hatred started. He came on the pitch with a face like a smacked arse. He put no effort in what do ever. And at the end when aguero did all the running, he looked to his left thinking dzeko would be there to put it in an empty net, he was 15 yards back because he stopped running. Everytime I go to watch an away game he's not up for the fight at all. Just stands there waiting for something to happen. Perhaps you could say he doesn't fit into our system but still make the effort to try and put yourself about. He wouldn't get away with it in the home games which is why he's not half as bad.
Some people still don't get my comment about hating a city player so here it is again above. I don't expect anyone to agree, it's just my opinion on it.

Haha, you are trying so hard, keep it coming.....

Ireland_for_pm said:
I disliked him as a footballer until Newcastle away and then the hatred started. He came on the pitch with a face like a smacked arse. He put no effort in what do ever. And at the end when aguero did all the running, he looked to his left thinking dzeko would be there to put it in an empty net, he was 15 yards back because he stopped running. Everytime I go to watch an away game he's not up for the fight at all. Just stands there waiting for something to happen. Perhaps you could say he doesn't fit into our system but still make the effort to try and put yourself about. He wouldn't get away with it in the home games which is why he's not half as bad.

Yet he has scored 15 away goals since last season compared to Aguero's 10 or Tevez 4 so he must be doing something right

bosnie87 said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

Yet he has scored 15 away goals since last season compared to Aguero's 10 or Tevez 4 so he must be doing something right

4 were at Tottenham & 2 were at Scum. The 4 at Spuds were outstanding, the 2 at Scum were handed to him on a plate.

Tevez was away most of the season, impossible to compare.<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:17 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
noise said:
LoveCity said:
Yes, because I go to games and support Dzeko even when he's in donkey mode. Seriously, fuck off, you know nothing about Manchester City or it's fans, you base your judgments on one thread on one message board.
Hey I wasn't the one, openly saying, I hate a Man City player. If you feel you're not the one I was referring to then why not shut the fuck up?

Because I don't appreciate our fanbase being painted with one brush by someone who knows nothing - NOTHING about our club and only watches games because of one player, who will fuck off the second the player himself leaves the club never to be heard from again. It's like me saying all Bosnian fans are dickheads because of several delusional zealots in this thread. Not quite true, is it?

And LC duly flies up in my estimation.

Ireland_for_pm said:

I don't remember this particular incident, so it could have been because he was tired or didn't give a shit. However, both Tevez and Aguero have been guilty on many occasions of failing to play a simple ball to Edin, when he's got himself in an excellent position to score. After a bit, that get's old, so I wouldn't necessarily blame him if he put in less than maximum effort to get open having been ignored all game.

Seosa I don't understand your argument about 4 being at Tottenham etc they were all away goals and they all counted, especially as last season of all seasons each goal was crucial as we know. He did score the most away goals and I don't see how you can then start adding different criteria as if some goals shouldn't count.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

I don't remember this particular incident, so it could have been because he was tired or didn't give a shit. However, both Tevez and Aguero have been guilty on many occasions of failing to play a simple ball to Edin, when he's got himself in an excellent position to score. After a bit, that get's old, so I wouldn't necessarily blame him if he put in less than maximum effort to get open having been ignored all game.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2012/December/Newcastle-v-City-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-high ... highlights</a>

16:40 I think is what he is referring to.

pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2012/December/Newcastle-v-City-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-high ... highlights</a>

Aguero wasn't going to pass to him (is probably what Dzeko thought), seen it so many times, if he did he could have played it to Dzeko earlier, seing how Dzeko was wide open. Last minutes of the match in which we won 1-3. Yeah totally the reason to hate him for.

A at the very worst a missed opportunity of no consequence.

pudge said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

We're in the opinion realm with that particular play and opinions are notoriously hard to change. Mine is that Aguero never looked for Dzeko and was going for goal all the way.
In fact, commentator seems to think along the same lines with comments like:
"Dzeko's over to the left hand side. Aguero keeps going... Aguero misses."
Then:
"... I'm afraid he got it wrong. Dzeko would have loved the ball played into him, he went alone and he missed it."

Seosa said:
bosnie87 said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

4 were at Tottenham & 2 were at Scum. The 4 at Spuds were outstanding, the 2 at Scum were handed to him on a plate.

Tevez was away most of the season, impossible to compare.

Well, not really.. even dough Tevez was "missing" for about 6 months Dzeko only has 500 more minutes played than him since the start of last season and 11 more away goals on his account so statistically in term of goals Dzeko performs better than both Aguero and Tevez in away games.

Surely an attacker would follow into the box in the hope of a rebound/loose ball?

I think a lack of determination is evident by Dzeko in that instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.