Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
B\connellblue said:
If there is a chance of a swap deal involving lewandowski then we should be doing everything to make sure it happens. Edin just doesn't put enough of a shift in and is far too complacent in front of goal(at least I hope that's why he misses some real sitters). First touch is poor as well. He's had 2 1/2 years to establish himself at city. If it was going to happen for him here it would have before now.
There would be no need to replace Dzeko, if we sold him, for someone like Lewandowski.

If we did sell him I'd hope we'd go for a legitimate 3rd/4th choice striker who would recognize and accept their role and not someone who thinks they're above it. Not necessarily Guidetti but a young player.

We can't buy players who know they aren't going to get games when our first choices are available. We went down that route last summer and bought squad players, We need to keep improving all the time but also need players who can fit into the system we play. If we bought some of the 3rd choice strikers that other clubs have there would be hell on here, saying we're going backwards etc. We need team players, but also competition to those already on the books to keep them on their toes.

Jimfv1 said:
pudge said:
B\connellblue said:
If there is a chance of a swap deal involving lewandowski then we should be doing everything to make sure it happens. Edin just doesn't put enough of a shift in and is far too complacent in front of goal(at least I hope that's why he misses some real sitters). First touch is poor as well. He's had 2 1/2 years to establish himself at city. If it was going to happen for him here it would have before now.
There would be no need to replace Dzeko, if we sold him, for someone like Lewandowski.

If we did sell him I'd hope we'd go for a legitimate 3rd/4th choice striker who would recognize and accept their role and not someone who thinks they're above it. Not necessarily Guidetti but a young player.

We can't buy players who know they aren't going to get games when our first choices are available. We went down that route last summer and bought squad players, We need to keep improving all the time but also need players who can fit into the system we play. If we bought some of the 3rd choice strikers that other clubs have there would be hell on here, saying we're going backwards etc. We need team players, but also competition to those already on the books to keep them on their toes.
Sorry but no.

All this about how Dzeko needs game time and that will give him confidence, then you drop Negredo. Negredo then gets upset about being on the bench, cycle starts all over again...

Add a fit Jovetic into the equation and it will only get worse and it certainly wouldn't get any better if someone like Lewandowski replaced one. 3 top quality forwards and a young talent would be ideal imo.

Dzeko can score great goals, he can win games, he can offer something different. He's been a part of some of the best games I can remember. But I want more from him and that's where I don't think he can deliver. He's not let us down on the field despite his body language looking like someone that does not want to be here if he's not first choice. Who knows what will happen with Edin. I suspect a move to Italy next summer. But I can see him being one for the cups especially if Champs League KO stage beckons.

Rorz88 said:
Whats Dzeko actually said, have i missed something?
Me too I think.

I prefer a forward who works his arse of like Aguero, Tevez and Negredo, I think with the system we play it works better for us. Dzeko can get stuck in, he did it against Newcastle but he's not the type to play that way. Whilst I can understand that, I just wish he'd show more interest and desire than he does half the time because that would still make him heck of a player. It's a different league than to the one in Germany and he's not adapted himself enough.

Rorz88 said:

I assume it is a reference to a newspaper interview in an British paper today which has direct quotes from Dzeko saying that he complained to the chairman about Mancini.

He does absolutely nothing for 90 minutes! Against Newcastle he may have got a goal and an assist in extra time but he was horrid for the full match. Hoping to see him gone by next season.

If we get rid of a striker we shouldn't replace him with another, already have too many.

Revolver said:
Rorz88 said:

I assume it is a reference to a newspaper interview in an British paper today which has direct quotes from Dzeko saying that he complained to the chairman about Mancini.

Edin Dzeko has confessed that he was part of the dressing-room revolt that saw Roberto Mancini sacked as manager of Manchester City.

The Bosnian striker admitted that he spoke to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak on several occasions to voice his displeasure about how Mancini was running the club.

Mancini was axed less than 48 hours after City suffered a shock FA Cup defeat to Wigan - exactly a year to the day since he had guided the club to their first title in 44 years.

The hardline Italian was replaced by the more approachable Manuel Pellegrini.

And Dzeko revealed: “When the new coach arrived, the chairman asked me, informally, whether I was now happy.

“The question arose because I had complained to him a few times about the former coach and my situation at the club.

“There was only one major issue with Mancini and that was because of my dissatisfaction with my role as a player.

“When I spoke to the chairman it did not happen in front of the whole team.

“He was aware that I didn’t feel happy about what had happened to me over the last two years.

“This was only because I did not spend enough time on the field.”

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed when Mancini was sacked that City executives were worried that star players like Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart and David Silva would quit unless there was a change of manager.

And Dzeko, who joined City in a £27million deal from Wolfsburg in January 2011, also seemed certain to leave the club before Mancini’s departure.

He admits he found it hard to understand why he was never given an extended run in the team and how he was shocked to be dropped after scoring four goals in a 5-1 win at Tottenham in August 2011.

Dzeko added: “At times, I believe that the coach failed to appreciate me as much as I thought I deserved, especially as there were many matches when I knew I had played very well.

“There was one game when I scored four goals and yet still I was left sitting on the bench for the next game. Surely that couldn’t be right.

“I can’t say why Mancini did it. We discussed it many times, but our opinions seemed to always differ.

“I was in a very difficult position. In a way, I didn’t want to complain because he (Mancini) took me to England and gave me the opportunity to play in the best league in the world.”

Ironically, after being assure by Pellegrini that he would be his first-choice striker, the 27-year-old has now fallen behind Sergio Aguero and new £18million signing Alvaro Negredo in the Chilean’s plans.

City’s interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski means City could offer Dzeko the chance to return to Germany in January in a swap deal.

But, in an interview on Bosnian TV, Dzeko said: “Pellegrini is good. Personally I am happy with him and, more importantly, all my team-mates are happy as well.

“He has introduced something new to the team, both in terms of the game we play and our off-the-field activities as well.

“He has restored our confidence and I am sure the next few seasons will be better than the last one.”

He added: “Every player wants to be in the starting 11 every week.

“Pellegrini brought Negredo with him from Spain, which implies that he must give him a chance to show his potential.

“There will be many matches ahead for us to fight for a position at the club.

“I don’t feel threatened by Negredo. It just raises the bat in terms of competition and it’s up to me to fight - and I will do so.

“I have never given up anything in my life so I certainly won’t be giving up now.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/edin-dzeko-admits-manchester-city-2668616#ixzz2jcXxBpWe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2jcXxBpWe</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

kippaxchris said:
He does absolutely nothing for 90 minutes! Against Newcastle he may have got a goal and an assist in extra time but he was horrid for the full match. Hoping to see him gone by next season.
This is simply not true.

-- Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 pm --

nehe11 said:
Revolver said:
Rorz88 said:

Edin Dzeko has confessed that he was part of the dressing-room revolt that saw Roberto Mancini sacked as manager of Manchester City.

The Bosnian striker admitted that he spoke to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak on several occasions to voice his displeasure about how Mancini was running the club.

Mancini was axed less than 48 hours after City suffered a shock FA Cup defeat to Wigan - exactly a year to the day since he had guided the club to their first title in 44 years.

The hardline Italian was replaced by the more approachable Manuel Pellegrini.

And Dzeko revealed: “When the new coach arrived, the chairman asked me, informally, whether I was now happy.

“The question arose because I had complained to him a few times about the former coach and my situation at the club.

“There was only one major issue with Mancini and that was because of my dissatisfaction with my role as a player.

“When I spoke to the chairman it did not happen in front of the whole team.

“He was aware that I didn’t feel happy about what had happened to me over the last two years.

“This was only because I did not spend enough time on the field.”

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed when Mancini was sacked that City executives were worried that star players like Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart and David Silva would quit unless there was a change of manager.

And Dzeko, who joined City in a £27million deal from Wolfsburg in January 2011, also seemed certain to leave the club before Mancini’s departure.

He admits he found it hard to understand why he was never given an extended run in the team and how he was shocked to be dropped after scoring four goals in a 5-1 win at Tottenham in August 2011.

Dzeko added: “At times, I believe that the coach failed to appreciate me as much as I thought I deserved, especially as there were many matches when I knew I had played very well.

“There was one game when I scored four goals and yet still I was left sitting on the bench for the next game. Surely that couldn’t be right.

“I can’t say why Mancini did it. We discussed it many times, but our opinions seemed to always differ.

“I was in a very difficult position. In a way, I didn’t want to complain because he (Mancini) took me to England and gave me the opportunity to play in the best league in the world.”

Ironically, after being assure by Pellegrini that he would be his first-choice striker, the 27-year-old has now fallen behind Sergio Aguero and new £18million signing Alvaro Negredo in the Chilean’s plans.

City’s interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski means City could offer Dzeko the chance to return to Germany in January in a swap deal.

But, in an interview on Bosnian TV, Dzeko said: “Pellegrini is good. Personally I am happy with him and, more importantly, all my team-mates are happy as well.

“He has introduced something new to the team, both in terms of the game we play and our off-the-field activities as well.

“He has restored our confidence and I am sure the next few seasons will be better than the last one.”

He added: “Every player wants to be in the starting 11 every week.

“Pellegrini brought Negredo with him from Spain, which implies that he must give him a chance to show his potential.

“There will be many matches ahead for us to fight for a position at the club.

“I don’t feel threatened by Negredo. It just raises the bat in terms of competition and it’s up to me to fight - and I will do so.

“I have never given up anything in my life so I certainly won’t be giving up now.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/edin-dzeko-admits-manchester-city-2668616#ixzz2jcXxBpWe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2jcXxBpWe</a>
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Dzeko wasn't happy about being benched? News to me.

Mancini didn't talk to players. When you don't want to talk to players end listen to them, don't be surprised when they talk to who will listen. Mancini getting sacked was his own doing, pure and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.