Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
I don't remember Negredo getting a cross he should have buried, but I do remember Dzeko...

13 crosses by kolarov. 15 by navas. 9 by nasri. 4 by milner. they should atleast score one goal. the strikers let us down today. lets be honest about it.

-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:32 pm --

JasminBosnia said:
noise said:
I think this game underlines our issue with the midfield. Same vs. Newcastle where we were completely ineffective until Silva came on.

If Dzeko started today there would be no end to criticism he would receive.

Top post!

There is no replacement for Silva in the midfield especially in away matches. He creates, he makes things happen, it's all about his creativity. 4-4-2 does not even work vs. Sunderland anymore. MP is lost here, lost here three years in a row and he offered nothing new on the pitch.

i thought nasri had a good game. 93% pass accuracy. 9 crosses into the box. but negredo and aguero couldn't score today. strikers did not perform.

bandwagon said:
Jumanji said:
bandwagon said:
how many crosses did kolarov and navas put into the box ?
And so what? They crossed straight to a wall Sunderland players with one City in the box...

But enough about the abysmal wide delivery, your point was about midfield support.

EDIT: What Pudge said...

in this type of game where the opposition have parked the bus, the best thing to do is give the ball to wide players so they can cross the ball into the box. 28 crosses were put into the box. where was negredo ? why don't you just admit that he had a bad game ?
Where's his reluctance to do so?

Football's not black and white you know

noise said:
bandwagon said:
Jumanji said:
And so what? They crossed straight to a wall Sunderland players with one City in the box...

But enough about the abysmal wide delivery, your point was about midfield support.

in this type of game where the opposition have parked the bus, the best thing to do is give the ball to wide players so they can cross the ball into the box. 28 crosses were put into the box. where was negredo ? why don't you just admit that he had a bad game ?
To be fair Navas had 6 assists in Sevilla last season. He's a hard worker and quick as lightning, but his delivery is not very good. Reminds me of Clichy. One commonality on the other hand is Negredo also played in Sevilla.

TOP POST !!!!

pudge said:
bandwagon said:
Jumanji said:

aguero and negredo did not show up. one of them should be dropped next game. time for edin to be given the full 90 minutes.

bandwagon said:
pudge said:
bandwagon said:

aguero and negredo did not show up. one of them should be dropped next game. time for edin to be given the full 90 minutes.
1 game won't and shouldn't sway the manager's mind, no matter how much you want it to.

Although, I'll bear your logic in mind the next time Dzeko starts and doesn't score

bandwagon said:
Jumanji said:
I don't remember Negredo getting a cross he should have buried, but I do remember Dzeko...

13 crosses by kolarov. 15 by navas. 9 by nasri. 4 by milner. they should atleast score one goal. the strikers let us down today. lets be honest about it.

-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:32 pm --

JasminBosnia said:
noise said:
I think this game underlines our issue with the midfield. Same vs. Newcastle where we were completely ineffective until Silva came on.

If Dzeko started today there would be no end to criticism he would receive.

Top post!

There is no replacement for Silva in the midfield especially in away matches. He creates, he makes things happen, it's all about his creativity. 4-4-2 does not even work vs. Sunderland anymore. MP is lost here, lost here three years in a row and he offered nothing new on the pitch.

i thought nasri had a good game. 93% pass accuracy. 9 crosses into the box. but negredo and aguero couldn't score today. strikers did not perform.
Sometimes the strikers can't score, it happens.

But I think your argument underlines one thing, which is Dzeko has a knack for scoring against difficult teams. In his career here he's scored some of the heaviest goals, and Mancini had him featured in most away matches for this reason.

Pellegrini has made his bet with a different option, and it might turn out to be a big mistake. If we continue with poor away performances we'll be lucky we retain a CL spot for next season.

I'm assuming we're counting corners as crosses, I'm not sure ours should qualify as that?

So many things to discuss from today yet the Dzeko thread will remain near the top.

Think we can all agree that Negredo and Aguero were the correct starters and once Dzeko came on he did okay, nothing more, nothing less.

So can we move on and talk about more pressing relevent concerns? Nah, not on here. This thread is fast becoming a cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.