Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will start Tuesday, more than likely.

But his confidence is obviously shattered beyond repair after being dropped today so I don't expect much.

EaglesFan said:
Well, at least since he hasnt played today - he can't be a regular SCAPEGOAT....this weekend at least.

What I've been saying for past 9 months was so obvious today - it doesnt matter much who we have upfront...with this style of build-up play (which I thought Pelle will change - but I'm not seeing it) and inept midfield,..strikers will struggle.

Neither Aguero nor Negredo were any kind of threat today...just not enough useful passes/creativity from midfield.

Well just look at the starting 11 today? who can you expect creativity from? Nasri? love the guy but he is too inconsistent. Silva? oh wait, he was not there.
Maybe some pace with Navas on the wing? oh wait, he didnt start neither.
This was the same tactic that mancini used= hope on individual effort from someone to score, rather then having a team play certain style of football.
It should get better tho, its only 3rd game of the season and Stoke are known to be solid defensive team.

pudge said:

But his confidence is obviously shattered beyond repair after being dropped today so I don't expect much.

Don't forget he showered at half-time against Hull and had his feet up in the second half, so as well as no confidence, his attitude will be shit.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:

Don't forget he showered at half-time against Hull and had his feet up in the second half, so as well as no confidence, his attitude will be shit.
Needs to be benched for the rest of the season, and given opportunity to prove himself as a substitute. By scoring as a sub when the team needs to recover points.

noise said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:

Needs to be benched for the rest of the season, and given opportunity to prove himself as a substitute. By scoring as a sub when the team needs to recover points.

Too risky to even have him as a sub, mate - I say we send him on holiday until January, then give him to United and watch him drag them down to mid-table mediocrity (we'll probably have to pay most of his wages, but it'll still be a good deal).

SkyBlueUSA said:
neel said:
Stoke's Asmir Begovic: Only Falcao and Lewandowski can compare to Man City's Edin Dzeko

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/428966/Stoke-s-Asmir-Begovic-Only-Falcao-and-Lewandowski-can-compare-to-Man-City-s-Edin-Dzeko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Edin-Dzeko</a>

Begovic told Stoke City's official website: “In my opinion he is one the three best number nines in the world along with Falcao and Robert Lewandowski; so he is somebody that we have certainly got to keep our eye on during the game.

Begovic is smoking some good weed. Hopefully he is high tomorrow.

Nope, pretty spot on.

I'm surprised there's any posts on this thread today considering he didn't play.

CaliforniaBlue said:
noise said:
CaliforniaBlue said:

Too risky to even have him as a sub, mate - I say we send him on holiday until January, then give him to United and watch him drag them down to mid-table mediocrity (we'll probably have to pay most of his wages, but it'll still be a good deal).

lol. but the sad thing is some of the anti dzeko warriors would prolly think its a good idea lol.

At least those with half a brain will now see Dzeko was never the problem now. Our midfield is so piss poor we create probably the least chances in the league. On paper we should be hammering teams and creating chances for fun but depressingly doesn't seem like happening any time soon.

Armaan said:
At least those with half a brain will now see Dzeko was never the problem now. Our midfield is so piss poor we create probably the least chances in the league. On paper we should be hammering teams and creating chances for fun but depressingly doesn't seem like happening any time soon.

I like this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.