Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
bosnie87 said:
Who has the most MOM apperences since Pellegrini took over? Who has scored most goals since Pellegrini took over? People forget so easily..

I've watched him stink the place up since he got here. A couple of half decent performances isn't going to alter my opinion of him. Looks like he has reverted to type already anyway. Negredo should have been our target man from day one in the prem. His inclusion affects the team as a whole as his workrate appears to have a positive affect on the rest of the players. Watching Dzeko swan about up front makes my blood boil. Shouldn't be in the starting 11.
To be fair Aguero is the one that should be dropped.

Aguero has been pants as well. I would drop him and put Rodwell in the middle with Yaya and Fernandinho. If we are dropping one striker though it has to be Dzeko, as he and Negredo occupy similar areas on the pitch and would only get in eachother's way.

CTID101 said:
Aguero won't get any form or fitness sat on the bench.

Well maybe he needs to have time on the bench to think about being a team player. Its fine if you are a greedy striker and you are getting goals, going oast players and at least having some shots on target. Far too often Aguero runs up blind alleys with the head down, not even considering passing or looking for support. It's a bloody shame, as undoubtedly he is a class player. He's been underperfroming for a long time now though.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
CTID101 said:

Well maybe he needs to have time on the bench to think about being a team player. Its fine if you are a greedy striker and you are getting goals, going oast players and at least having some shots on target. Far too often Aguero runs up blind alleys with the head down, not even considering passing or looking for support. It's a bloody shame, as undoubtedly he is a class player. He's been underperfroming for a long time now though.
There is kind of a funny saying in Argentina.

- If you have one Argentinian on the team, you have a great team.
- Two and you have, half a team.
- Three Argentinians and you have no team.

CTID101 said:
After missing the pre-season he isn't as sharp as some of the others.
Stay with him and he will repay in spades IMO, particularly playing just behind Negredo.

If Dzeko plays tomorrow just hope Jovetic is also in the team or I fear for him.

Deepest Blue said:
CTID101 said:
After missing the pre-season he isn't as sharp as some of the others.
Stay with him and he will repay in spades IMO, particularly playing just behind Negredo.

If Dzeko plays tomorrow just hope Jovetic is also in the team or I fear for him.
I agree and I think edin will benefit from jovetic up front ..aguero doesn't have the playmaking abilities as jovetic and he's a goal threat I have confidence in that Balkan connection

BUD5Z8wIEAANACo.jpg:large

Stoke's Asmir Begovic: Only Falcao and Lewandowski can compare to Man City's Edin Dzeko

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/428966/Stoke-s-Asmir-Begovic-Only-Falcao-and-Lewandowski-can-compare-to-Man-City-s-Edin-Dzeko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Edin-Dzeko</a>

Begovic told Stoke City's official website: “In my opinion he is one the three best number nines in the world along with Falcao and Robert Lewandowski; so he is somebody that we have certainly got to keep our eye on during the game.

neel said:
Stoke's Asmir Begovic: Only Falcao and Lewandowski can compare to Man City's Edin Dzeko

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/428966/Stoke-s-Asmir-Begovic-Only-Falcao-and-Lewandowski-can-compare-to-Man-City-s-Edin-Dzeko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Edin-Dzeko</a>

Begovic told Stoke City's official website: “In my opinion he is one the three best number nines in the world along with Falcao and Robert Lewandowski; so he is somebody that we have certainly got to keep our eye on during the game.

Begovic is smoking some good weed. Hopefully he is high tomorrow.

Well, at least since he hasnt played today - he can't be a regular SCAPEGOAT....this weekend at least.

What I've been saying for past 9 months was so obvious today - it doesnt matter much who we have upfront...with this style of build-up play (which I thought Pelle will change - but I'm not seeing it) and inept midfield,..strikers will struggle.

Neither Aguero nor Negredo were any kind of threat today...just not enough useful passes/creativity from midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.