Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
No17 said:
BosnianDragon said:
stony said:
You're preaching to the wrong people. This is a City forum, and we care about City. We want whats best for City. I like Dzeko but I love City, and if getting the best for City means not doing what's best for Dzeko, then I'll take what's best for City everytime. We owe him nothing. We paid a lot of money for him and pay him a lot in wages. If we decide to sell, then we are entitled to get the best possible price for him. Couldn't give a shit what his fan boys think. Club first every time.

I don't understand this new phenomenon of supporting a player instead of a club, it's alien to me, and I suspect to most real football fans too.

I'm City supporter but in same time Bosnian. Dzeko is too important for us, small country. It seems that City does not really need him and don't use him up to his reputation and skill. He could achive lot more of above mentioned things, things he will be remembered for. Hope he will not waste last 3-4 years of his carrier since he has more to offer to football world.

You lost it...completely...

To make it simple. City is wasting his talent and his carrier.
He is already "formed" player so has nothing else to prove/show to City management. For player of his reputation if he does not play on regular basis (4th striker etc..) he should leave.

BosnianDragon said:
No17 said:
BosnianDragon said:
I'm City supporter but in same time Bosnian. Dzeko is too important for us, small country. It seems that City does not really need him and don't use him up to his reputation and skill. He could achive lot more of above mentioned things, things he will be remembered for. Hope he will not waste last 3-4 years of his carrier since he has more to offer to football world.

He is already "formed" player so has nothing else to prove/show to City management. For player of his reputation if he does not play on regular basis (4th striker etc..) he should leave.
He's not been fourth choice this season! Is this simply because he didn't start the derby? Seriously? Just a couple of days after starting and playing well in the Champions League?<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 am --<br /><br />
BlueMoonoverUS said:
taconinja said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
How did he play last night?
Did he look interested?
He played well and looked interested. Not going to say he lit the world on fire, but that isn't on him or any of our players. Wigan didn't put up the greatest fight in history is all. Again though, he played well and looked interested.
Thanks mate! I found that you are one of the rare people that says as it is, not biased for or against him.
Like all our players he has his ups and downs. I want them all to do well. I was honestly really angry at the end of last season, but I was really angry with a high majority of the players and the manager. None of them were covered in glory so to speak.

But it's a new manager and a fresh start. I think he's been a bit inconsistent so far, but so has the whole squad. That's just how it goes with a new manager and new style of play.

Personally I think he'll leave in Jan and he'll go on to do well at another club where he will be the main man. I'd be sorry to see him go, he's scored some important goals for us.

wayne71 said:
Personally I think he'll leave in Jan and he'll go on to do well at another club where he will be the main man. I'd be sorry to see him go, he's scored some important goals for us.
I hope he doesn't leave, but sadly I see the reasoning. Although I believe he would play out the season and then decide. But in reality, when you are as good a Dzeko (and contrary to the flak he gets here, he is very good) you deserve a team that believes COMPLETELY in you. Sadly he doesn't get that here.

Every club has their man: Here unfortunately for Dzeko, that man is Sergio Aguero. He is the one we are willing to forgive for his screw ups. He is the one we love, believe in. He is the one we "hope, wish, and even attempt to will" to success. Dzeko unfortunately is the alternate. The guy we love if he does well, but roll our eyes when he messes up. Such a talent needs a club that love him when he is great, and forgive him when he is down (just like we do Aguero).

All you have to do is look at Higuain and Balotelli to know Dzeko has to move. Higuain was 2nd fiddle at Madrid, just like Dzeko. Some fans loved him, but most thought him inconsistent. He was the guy they hoped will bail them out when needed, but not get their love or worship or guarantee of a starting spot. He moves to Napoli where there is a vacancy, and he is loving it. He is scoring, he is being worshipped and he looks a man reborn. He is Napoli's Aguero, just like Balo is Milan's Aguero.

As much as I hate to admit it, Dzeko needs to find his club. We clearly are not it. Here he will always be considered 2nd to Aguero, and that is at best. He needs to go find his own club. Where he can shine and the fans will bless his every move. He had that once at Wolfsburg, and he can have it again at a bigger club. It simply wouldn't be here at City. And if he decides he wants that, I will hold no grudge. But if he decides he wants to stay, even though he knows he likely wouln't be the loved one? Then I for one will treat him the way I do Aguero for his sacrifice.

But I doubt it. I believe this is Dzeko's last season with the Blues.

BosnianDragon said:
No17 said:
BosnianDragon said:

Agreed

He's just not got the skills to cut it here

I think the chances of Dzeko leaving in January are very small. If we crash out of Europe that could change things, but otherwise we need four strikers and I doubt Guidetti could step in seamlessly after basically 1 1/2 years of being ill/injured. And it's not like Dzeko has been marginalised, he has played and will play many games and seems to be more of a joint #2 striker than #3 striker like he was like season (behind Tevez).

Also, if Borussia Dortmund is his likely destination they won't need him until next season because Lewandowski isn't leaving until the summer.

daxman said:
wayne71 said:
I hope he doesn't leave, but sadly I see the reasoning. Although I believe he would play out the season and then decide. But in reality, when you are as good a Dzeko (and contrary to the flak he gets here, he is very good) you deserve a team that believes COMPLETELY in you. Sadly he doesn't get that here.

Every club has their man: Here unfortunately for Dzeko, that man is Sergio Aguero. He is the one we are willing to forgive for his screw ups. He is the one we love, believe in. He is the one we "hope, wish, and even attempt to will" to success. Dzeko unfortunately is the alternate. The guy we love if he does well, but roll our eyes when he messes up. Such a talent needs a club that love him when he is great, and forgive him when he is down (just like we do Aguero).

All you have to do is look at Higuain and Balotelli to know Dzeko has to move. Higuain was 2nd fiddle at Madrid, just like Dzeko. Some fans loved him, but most thought him inconsistent. He was the guy they hoped will bail them out when needed, but not get their love or worship or guarantee of a starting spot. He moves to Napoli where there is a vacancy, and he is loving it. He is scoring, he is being worshipped and he looks a man reborn. He is Napoli's Aguero, just like Balo is Milan's Aguero.

As much as I hate to admit it, Dzeko needs to find his club. We clearly are not it. Here he will always be considered 2nd to Aguero, and that is at best. He needs to go find his own club. Where he can shine and the fans will bless his every move. He had that once at Wolfsburg, and he can have it again at a bigger club. It simply wouldn't be here at City. And if he decides he wants that, I will hold no grudge. But if he decides he wants to stay, even though he knows he likely wouln't be the loved one? Then I for one will treat him the way I do Aguero for his sacrifice.

But I doubt it. I believe this is Dzeko's last season with the Blues.

Thanks, finally someone to talk to.
100% correct.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BosnianDragon said:
No17 said:

Agreed

Unfortinatelly for him he proved you wrong, but club politics, managemet decissions and long term plan is what counts. City maybe does not need this type of striker. As Bosnian I might be subjective, but for me he is the best striker (was the best last season which is the fact proven by statistics). Also, Negredo and Jovetic seems to be better strikers than Aguero who is overrated for some reason to me unknown. Maybe this season he might up to the level everyone talk about.

BosnianDragon said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
BosnianDragon said:

Agreed

Unfortinatelly for him he proved you wrong, but club politics, managemet decissions and long term plan is what counts. City maybe does not need this type of striker. As Bosnian I might be subjective, but for me he is the best striker (was the best last season which is the fact proven by statistics). Also, Negredo and Jovetic seems to be better strikers than Aguero who is overrated for some reason to me unknown. Maybe this season he might up to the level everyone talk about.

I repeat...you lost it.

No17 said:
BosnianDragon said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Agreed

I repeat...you lost it.

He didn lost it. Most of the things he said were true. But to say that Jovetic and Negredo are better than Aguero is really IDIOTIC. He is worth as those 2 combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.