Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
We can debate all we like about this but the cold hard facts are there.

He is simply not good enough.

First touch.Never seems to control it closely,the ball always bounces off him 2-3 yards giving the opponent a chance to challenge him
Heading. I have never seen a big centre forward win so few headers in a one on one aerial challenge.
Goalscoring-No one can argue with his goals for city but being a striker is more than just that in the modern game,surely.
Desire-Never seen a city player with so little desire on the pitch,his body language is all wrong.It is like he doesn't want to be here.His challenge yesterday on the edge of our box was utterly disgraceful.To just stick a leg out half heartedly-pathetic.
Urgency - Strolling around the pitch as he does is just not good enough.He has to want to be a better player and succeed.
Blame - He blamed Mancini for not loving him enough.Pellegrini has put his arm around him yet there is no change in his attitude.
Conversion of chances - The 2 sitters he missed yesterday summed it up.Not sure what his stats are percentage wise but the fan boys will be all over it I am sure.

The future for Edin IMO - Sell in Jan if poss or summer and get a world class replacement in.

I am hoping that the Swedish lad steps up.

pominoz said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
We can debate all we like about this but the cold hard facts are there.

He is simply not good enough.

First touch.Never seems to control it closely,the ball always bounces off him 2-3 yards giving the opponent a chance to challenge him
Heading. I have never seen a big centre forward win so few headers in a one on one aerial challenge.
Goalscoring-No one can argue with his goals for city but being a striker is more than just that in the modern game,surely.
Desire-Never seen a city player with so little desire on the pitch,his body language is all wrong.It is like he doesn't want to be here.His challenge yesterday on the edge of our box was utterly disgraceful.To just stick a leg out half heartedly-pathetic.
Urgency - Strolling around the pitch as he does is just not good enough.He has to want to be a better player and succeed.
Blame - He blamed Mancini for not loving him enough.Pellegrini has put his arm around him yet there is no change in his attitude.
Conversion of chances - The 2 sitters he missed yesterday summed it up.Not sure what his stats are percentage wise but the fan boys will be all over it I am sure.

The future for Edin IMO - Sell in Jan if poss or summer and get a world class replacement in.

I am hoping that the Swedish lad steps up.

Is that Ibrahimovic? ; )

His time is up with us now. He ha his chance at the start of the season and looked like the best forward on the planet against Newcastle.

Alas it was another false dawn and there have been way too many of these.

For whatever reason it isn't working out for him with us and we need to move him on while we can still get a fee. We should have done it in the summer.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dortmund picked him up for £10m in the summer.

I willed the lad to suceed when he arrived in 2011, like most match attending blues have given him our full support. The fact is the lad isn't good enough. Shame but true, his lack of concentration at both ends of the pitch nearly cost City dear last night.

AntiUnited said:
and the circle jerk continues.

I'm don't want to sound anti-dzeko, I definitely want him to succeed but you have to admit his performances are frustrating. Some posters on here are adamant that he will score if a "decent" winger could cross the ball into him in front of the goals. He missed 2 chances directly in front today so people will stop having to use that excuse for his poor performances. The Dzeko fan boys are running out of excuses and the City fans are running out of patience. I'd love for him to recapture his form (like the Newcastle game) and prove people on this forum wrong....but I think it's too late now. He will probably be sold soon. I will still support him 100% whenever he's chosen to play though.

Dzeko has had plenty of chances , Pellegrini gave him confidence at the beginning of the season , by saying he was first choice etc , and he has not taken his chance Dzeko is a selfish player who plays to raise his own profile , he is not a team player , he does not chase a lost cause , when he loses the ball , he makes no effort to regain possession , and when he gets the slightest touch from the opposing centre half , he goes down easily and then moans to the referee.
Get rid of him , the £25m fee , would buy a great right sided centre back as cover for our injury prone skipper , and i would give lopes and guidetti a chance to shine .

He is simply not good enough.- He has proven to be a great scorer for City unlike Negredo who has shown F all

First touch.Never seems to control it closely,the ball always bounces off him 2-3 yards giving the opponent a chance to challenge him - Show me the forward in City or anywhere else that scores with his head the way Dzeko does and is great at handling the ball like Xavi or Iniesta...Strenghts of a striker differ from player to player.

Heading. I have never seen a big centre forward win so few headers in a one on one aerial challenge. - This is a complete nonsense 'cose he comes of the bench cold and you want him to run like the rest of the team... He was scoring miracle goals for the City long enough coming of the bench cold - the player has to play, build confidence and score ..starting of occasional game(s) 10-15 minutes before the end of the game is bull@*

- See my prevous comment. He does not play the last game or is introduced 10- 20 min before the end of the game... not to mention that Negredo did F all and he is playing a starter ..that is how you F your players. Dzeko was saving City continously w Tevez was an idoit that he was, but he was playing and with the minutes he played altogether he was scoring every F time.. and all you forget that.

Urgency - Strolling around the pitch as he does is just not good enough.He has to want to be a better player and succeed. - think about the points I'm making.

Blame - He blamed Mancini for not loving him enough.Pellegrini has put his arm around him yet there is no change in his attitude. - What sort of games are you watching he's not starting the games and is continously introduced late(r) or never..and Mancini never put a team together in the first place and Pellegrini brough Navas and Negredo as he's building the Spanish style of the team - the only one he knows. The problem here is that this is not a Spain....

Conversion of chances - The 2 sitters he missed yesterday summed it up.Not sure what his stats are percentage wise but the fan boys will be all over it I am sure. - Right - easy for you to say that sitting in front of a TV screen and as for the fan boys you mention they should check the states minutes he was introduced late(r) and number of goals he scored. he was the top goal scorer in Bundesliga where players run more that they will ever run in PL but he was playing every game.

I F-in hope so, because he is a great guy and he scores when he's given a chance and a respect he deserves - He was the second highest scorer of the W Cup qualifiers this year..'cose he played some games. The City needs to identify what kind of a striker do they need and what kind of a team they want to be....and finally build a team that will play together without trying new things every other game.... learn a thing or two from Bayern or Mourinho.

Finally, I was not trying to offend anyone here but to offer a different perspective ...I really respect Milner - great guy...:).

we need to start thinking outside the box with Dzeko :-

2h3wsoj.jpg

Get shot of him and all the idiots who only come here because he plays(?) for us. Real CITY fans are welcome to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.