Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowsers, had a glance at that abomination of a forum a few pages back. It's a weird and wonderful world we live in that's for sure..
Edin wasn't at his best again last night, touch and strength letting him down before disappearing into his shell. Big improvement needed from him if he has any serious ambition to stay at the club.

No17 said:
ColinLee said:
daxman said:
He is not getting the blame for the loss. At least not from me. But still I still think he should be sold from a philosophical point of view. I think City needs to transition to a 1 striker formation team. Which means they shouldn't have more than 2 strikers on their roster. Seeing as they currently carry 5, then 3 must go or switch position. Jovetic has always been a parttime striker anyways, so he can permanently move to midfield. Guidetti has never really starred for City, so time to ship him out. That leaves 3 strikers, Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko. One of whom must go, and the other starting from the bench.

Dzeko in my opinion has the weakest overall game of the 3 left. Aguero is our main guy for better or worse, and Negredo is much more of a fit because of his aggression. Dzeko is simply the odd man out. And seeing as he wants a starring role, which he wouldn't get over Aguero here, it is best he be the one to leave.

For me, it is that simple. I have nothing against Dzeko, think he is a solid striker and should be leading the line somewhere,. Just not here!
Agreed 100%, certain Bosnians will no doubt claim it's because we 'hate' Dzeko. What they don't understand is that we don't, not at all. It's just that we love City and want the best and he's not it. At least for us.

It's the overdramatic groupies that will claim you hate dzeko...trust me there is more and more comments on the streets here about Edin's behavior on the pitch, lazy, acting like a ballerina...and one comment I heard this morning is the biggest truth of all...he got beat in the air by Philip Fucking Lahm....he is 50cm shorter that Dzeko...he has become frustrating to watch even for the Bosnians and he has no right to argue if he is dropped to the bench, he should hug it, caress it and keep it warm for Negredo because right now, he doesn't deserve better. When he gets his act together he is as good as you could wish but right now his place is on the bench.
Lol, agreed. It's actually just the one Bosnian I'm referring to of course. I like to think I'm a bit too fair minded to accuse an entire country because of one blinkered fan.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pominoz said:
mikeyk07 said:
Poor first touch.. poor close control..., not clinical enough in front of goal....., only seems interested after he scores....not aggressive enough (again unless it's just after he has scored).....fails to hold off defenders, lacks pace.... and lacks movement and mobility.

Good memories are all from his first 3 months here, plus QPR....., other than that simply not good enough for a team looking to compete with Europe's elite. Sad but true.

Stop that shit right now, we all know it is everyone else's fault he has not scored 50 goals this season.
If he had proper team mates and given a run of games, he would be in triple figures by now.
Also found a cure for AIDS and world famine, cancer and bad cat aids. Created world peace, knocked up Helen Flanagan and Kelly Brook in menage a trois and somehow stopped all the Bosnians in that linked thread from being racist maggots[/quote]
The rest I can buy into but having looked at the forum in question it would take God himself(the real one, not Edin) turning them all into salt to change anything there.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:28 pm --<br /><br />Just to make Zlatan happier BTW I don't blame Edin for last night at all. Everyone was as bad as everybody else. I put the blame on BM being superb and Pellegrini getting things awfully wrong. That said with hindsight I'd have started with just Negredo upfront and dropped Aguero AND Edin.

Not blaming Dzeko for last night one bit but IMO he is best used as a sub, always seems to have more impact. The formation was wrong last night, if we have got to have two strikers on the pitch one has to play the number 10 role and help the midfield out, that way we night have seen more of the ball and got better service to him. Top and bottom though he's not the right fit for us, Negredo has far more to offer, better all round game IMO.

ColinLee said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
pominoz said:
Stop that shit right now, we all know it is everyone else's fault he has not scored 50 goals this season.
If he had proper team mates and given a run of games, he would be in triple figures by now.
Also found a cure for AIDS and world famine, cancer and bad cat aids. Created world peace, knocked up Helen Flanagan and Kelly Brook in menage a trois and somehow stopped all the Bosnians in that linked thread from being racist maggots[/quote]
The rest I can buy into but having looked at the forum in question it would take God himself(the real one, not Edin) turning them all into salt to change anything there.

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:28 pm --

Just to make Zlatan happier BTW I don't blame Edin for last night at all. Everyone was as bad as everybody else. I put the blame on BM being superb and Pellegrini getting things awfully wrong. That said with hindsight I'd have started with just Negredo upfront and dropped Aguero AND Edin.
Not calling the bosnians on here racist just the ones on that soccerbase or whatever it is called
I would start Negredo and Aguero together most games as they tore the rags to shreds as a duo

AntiUnited said:
dzeko is a top class striker and goal poacher nothing more nothing less.

Bayern Munich had a top class poacher (Gomez), nothing more and nothing less, and sold him because he didn't do enough for the team. Mandzukic, who isn't as prolific in front of goal but still scores plenty, offers more to the team than Gomez did and Bayern have been a better team since he became a regular than before. You could say Negredo looks like our Mandzukic, because he makes defenders sweat while bagging his fair share of goals.

Also, Dzeko so far hasn't been very clinical. He's scored, but since stats are so popular in this thread, let's take a look at a key stat...

Dzeko has had 28 shots for City this season - more than anyone else (so he hasn't lacked service for the most part) - and scored 4 goals. That means he needs 7 shots to score a goal at his current rate, which would not have placed him among Europe's elite last season. Considering you believe his only trait to be poaching and finishing, he needs to be scoring a goal every 3.5-5 shots to really justify a place, which would, based on last season (where Dzeko averaged a goal every 6+ shots), put him in line with the likes of Higuain, Lewandowski, Mandzukic, Falcao, Cavani, and Gomez.

His team-mates so far: Negredo - goal per 5.3 shots, Jovetic - goal per 5 shots, Aguero - goal per 3 shots. Aguero's isn't a sustainable goal scoring rate, but would have made him the most clinical striker in Europe last season.

The conclusion? Dzeko is probably best used as our Javier Hernandez, an impact sub rather than someone who boosts the team over 90 minutes with great general play.

Wish we'll just swap this guy with lewandowski in Jan b4 those german rags know what's happening. Hopefully demichelis would turn out to be a good CB so we won't need to get another defender in jan.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:58 pm --<br /><br />Wish we'll just swap this guy with lewandowski in Jan b4 those german rags know what's happening. Hopefully demichelis would turn out to be a good CB so we won't need to get another defender in jan.

vintiz said:
Wish we'll just swap this guy with lewandowski in Jan b4 those german rags know what's happening. Hopefully demichelis would turn out to be a good CB so we won't need to get another defender in jan.

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:58 pm --

Wish we'll just swap this guy with lewandowski in Jan b4 those german rags know what's happening. Hopefully demichelis would turn out to be a good CB so we won't need to get another defender in jan.

Lewandowski is going to Bayern he's already told other clubs NO.

mikeyk07 said:
Poor first touch.. poor close control..., not clinical enough in front of goal....., only seems interested after he scores....not aggressive enough (again unless it's just after he has scored).....fails to hold off defenders, lacks pace.... and lacks movement and mobility.

Good memories are all from his first 3 months here, plus QPR....., other than that simply not good enough for a team looking to compete with Europe's elite. Sad but true.

Sums up exactly what I also think of Dzeko.

Hi all, I'm new here so take it easy ...

Having Google searched Dzeko, this forum came up, and curiously I decided to have a look. Before I go further, I should mention that I am Bosnian. And by reading this thread, I decided I had to join. Because quite frankly, what was being said about Edin surprised me to say the least. And I need to provide my input.

First of all, Edin is not better than Aguero or Negredo as has been stated or implied. Edin is no where near there class. He's a good player. On his day. That's about it. Secondly, my fellow Bosnjaci, you all need to understand that criticism of a player only appears when necessary. By this I mean, if Edin is playing well, yes, we'll all say, well done lad, you're doing good. But when Edin is playing right, its only natural and our very own right to criticise him. Lets face it, if a player plays bad, and we say you were brilliant, will he develop further? NO. So when criticism of Edin surfaces, its there because he deserves it, and he can use it to become an even greater player. The Bosnians on this forum need to take a step back and relax. I know we idolise Edin as hes seen as our greatest athlete and export, but we also need to acknowledge that he is not the number one striker at City. In fact hes no where near. Let me explain why.

Most of Edins performances are poor, of the average quality you would expect from someone like Kone. All of this however gets masked when he scores, and quite frankly everyone loves it when their player scores. Edin does not work for the team, Edin has an attitude as if he is not interested AT ALL (which needs to change quickly, otherwise hes heading for a BIG decline) and Edin most certainly cannot play to Citys style.

Let us compare Edin to the other three City strikers just so we know where he stands. His biggest LIKE FOR LIKE player is Negredo, who, currently as he is playing and showing, is MILES better than Edin. Then there is Aguero, who no question about it, is the number one starter up front, as he is the man you can look to CREATE (take notice my Bosnians, Edin DOES NOT have that ability) SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING, whether for himself or a teammate. With Jovetic, I would say Edin is slightly better in terms of overall play, but I would put that down to experience. Give it a year, Jovi will be starting with Kun and that will be a deadly partnership.

So, and excuse me for a long post, in summary,
- EDIN IS CURRENTLY PLAYING LIKE AN ASS
- NEGREDO AND AGUERO ARE PLAYING BETTER FOOTBALL THAN HIM, AND HAVE THE CORRECT ATTITUDE
- DO NOT BRING UP (YES YOU BOSNIANS) HIS PAST TIME ACHIEVEMENTS, AS THE PRESENT AND FUTURE IS WHAT COUNTS
- DO NOT BRING UP HIS GOAL SCORING RECORD (AGAIN, YOU BOSNIANS) AS THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE FACT HE DOES NOT PLAY FOR THE TEAM, RATHER HAPPENS TO BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME
- THE OCCASIONAL BIT OF MAGIC DOES NOT WARRANT YOU TO BE "AMAZING", "BRILLIANT", "WORLD CLASS", "AS GOOD AS KUN OR BETTER".

Without consistency a player can never be called one of the best. With Edin you never know what you'll get. And that is why he will never be seen as a truly great player. Albeit he pops up with important goals.

So, my Bosnian kolege, refrain from defending Dzeko any further, as it is clear for all to see that he is not playing well and hasn't been for a long time. You could argue since he joined City, he has been a shadow of the dominant strike force that operated in Wolfsburg. AND THAT SIMPLY, IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.