Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
ek13 said:
Hi all, I'm new here so take it easy ...

Having Google searched Dzeko, this forum came up, and curiously I decided to have a look. Before I go further, I should mention that I am Bosnian. And by reading this thread, I decided I had to join. Because quite frankly, what was being said about Edin surprised me to say the least. And I need to provide my input.

First of all, Edin is not better than Aguero or Negredo as has been stated or implied. Edin is no where near there class. He's a good player. On his day. That's about it. Secondly, my fellow Bosnjaci, you all need to understand that criticism of a player only appears when necessary. By this I mean, if Edin is playing well, yes, we'll all say, well done lad, you're doing good. But when Edin is playing right, its only natural and our very own right to criticise him. Lets face it, if a player plays bad, and we say you were brilliant, will he develop further? NO. So when criticism of Edin surfaces, its there because he deserves it, and he can use it to become an even greater player. The Bosnians on this forum need to take a step back and relax. I know we idolise Edin as hes seen as our greatest athlete and export, but we also need to acknowledge that he is not the number one striker at City. In fact hes no where near. Let me explain why.

Most of Edins performances are poor, of the average quality you would expect from someone like Kone. All of this however gets masked when he scores, and quite frankly everyone loves it when their player scores. Edin does not work for the team, Edin has an attitude as if he is not interested AT ALL (which needs to change quickly, otherwise hes heading for a BIG decline) and Edin most certainly cannot play to Citys style.

Let us compare Edin to the other three City strikers just so we know where he stands. His biggest LIKE FOR LIKE player is Negredo, who, currently as he is playing and showing, is MILES better than Edin. Then there is Aguero, who no question about it, is the number one starter up front, as he is the man you can look to CREATE (take notice my Bosnians, Edin DOES NOT have that ability) SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING, whether for himself or a teammate. With Jovetic, I would say Edin is slightly better in terms of overall play, but I would put that down to experience. Give it a year, Jovi will be starting with Kun and that will be a deadly partnership.

So, and excuse me for a long post, in summary,
- EDIN IS CURRENTLY PLAYING LIKE AN ASS
- NEGREDO AND AGUERO ARE PLAYING BETTER FOOTBALL THAN HIM, AND HAVE THE CORRECT ATTITUDE
- DO NOT BRING UP (YES YOU BOSNIANS) HIS PAST TIME ACHIEVEMENTS, AS THE PRESENT AND FUTURE IS WHAT COUNTS
- DO NOT BRING UP HIS GOAL SCORING RECORD (AGAIN, YOU BOSNIANS) AS THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE FACT HE DOES NOT PLAY FOR THE TEAM, RATHER HAPPENS TO BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME
- THE OCCASIONAL BIT OF MAGIC DOES NOT WARRANT YOU TO BE "AMAZING", "BRILLIANT", "WORLD CLASS", "AS GOOD AS KUN OR BETTER".

Without consistency a player can never be called one of the best. With Edin you never know what you'll get. And that is why he will never be seen as a truly great player. Albeit he pops up with important goals.

So, my Bosnian kolege, refrain from defending Dzeko any further, as it is clear for all to see that he is not playing well and hasn't been for a long time. You could argue since he joined City, he has been a shadow of the dominant strike force that operated in Wolfsburg. AND THAT SIMPLY, IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Good post ek13. I'm Bosnian as well and love Dzeko but his game has dropped significantly. He's lost physicality he used to have. Has he ever been injured at City? I'd expect he would be if he gets "stuck in", but he does not (not that I wish injury on him).
I also like your point on not "creating something out of nothing". The way City plays against good teams, striker has to be able to do that. Our midfield often gets shut down and when that happens, that's the end of the story. Aguero tries all the time and succeeds at times, but he can't do it alone. Edin used to create at Wolfsburg but that seems so long ago...
Only thing I disagree with in your post is that he "happens to be in the right place at the right time". I don't think this is by accident, he still has good opportunity awareness (nose for a goal). That is why his goal stats are comparable to other City strikers.
But that won't be enough to keep him playing at City forever. Eventually some other striker will show more consistency and that'll be the end of the story.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
No17 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
I'm Bosnian and totally agree with my country man here, I just wish (like every City fan I believe) he somehow changes his game and becomes Wolfburg's Dzeko.

couldn't have put it any better myself ek13. One thing I will add is that people quoting his NT stats are also deluded. Goals vs Latvia, Lichtenstein and such "formidable" footballing nations count for nothing because he has been shit for the NT too for a long time now.
Yes, and you can say that goal against Greece counts more than others.

That game was the equivalent of the Newcastle match this season. Great team performance. Other than that he only scored against weaker teams.
He was shit in both Slovakia matches.

pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Rammy Blue said:
He's 100% correct as I swore in front of my son when he did it. Shithouse.
He is a coward.
pe4Fj2.gif

To be fair Arjen Robben is a well known hard man and is renowned for his tough tackling and leg breaking challenges...

Great the way Edin runs in with real purpose then logs his kecks when Robben doesn't shit out. Pathetic

The Fat el Hombre said:
pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
He is a coward.
pe4Fj2.gif

To be fair Arjen Robben is a well known hard man and is renowned for his tough tackling and leg breaking challenges...

Great the way Edin runs in with real purpose then logs his kecks when Robben doesn't shit out. Pathetic
I guess, it would have been better for him to go in all hard, twist and ankle and be out for 3 month. I mean, it would absolutely have been worth it. Seeing as Robben was on his way to scoring.

This is what irks me about Prem football mentality. Ox Chamberlain and Walcott havent played in 3 weeks, and they probably wouldn't play for some more because both of them didn't shy out of a pointless tackle in nowhere land. It took Ramsey 3 years to get back in form from the one he didn't pullout of. Micah Richards never pulls out of any tackle, we see how often he gets to play a season.

I am no Dzeko fan, but this tough guy never shy out of a tackle silliness, hurts teams more than they help. Intelligence is knowing when it is necessary and when it is pointless. I have seen Dzeko put a wood on some defenders, I have seen him go hard when it seemed it might lead to something positive. But if he chooses to avoid a potential injury by not going knuckle for knuckle in the middle of the field with the opposition heading in the wrong direction, I don't call that 'cowardly', I call it intelligent.

Too many times in PL games I see players fly into tackles near the throw line at about midfield to "an applause by the fans" only to realize, the opposition still gets the ball, he risked a freekick or Yellow card, and perhaps a red.

But hey, at least he ain't no coward!

Perhaps we shouldnt tackle at all in case someone gets an injury?

No-one is expecting him to be reckless but he shit himself against one of the softestblokes in football.

daxman said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
pudge said:

I guess, it would have been better for him to go in all hard, twist and ankle and be out for 3 month. I mean, it would absolutely have been worth it. Seeing as Robben was on his way to scoring.

This is what irks me about Prem football mentality. Ox Chamberlain and Walcott havent played in 3 weeks, and they probably wouldn't play for some more because both of them didn't shy out of a pointless tackle in nowhere land. It took Ramsey 3 years to get back in form from the one he didn't pullout of. Micah Richards never pulls out of any tackle, we see how often he gets to play a season.

I am no Dzeko fan, but this tough guy never shy out of a tackle silliness, hurts teams more than they help. Intelligence is knowing when it is necessary and when it is pointless. I have seen Dzeko put a wood on some defenders, I have seen him go hard when it seemed it might lead to something positive. But if he chooses to avoid a potential injury by not going knuckle for knuckle in the middle of the field with the opposition heading in the wrong direction, I don't call that 'cowardly', I call it intelligent.

Too many times in PL games I see players fly into tackles near the throw line at about midfield to "an applause by the fans" only to realize, the opposition still gets the ball, he risked a freekick or Yellow card, and perhaps a red.

But hey, at least he ain't no coward!
The ball hits the ground when they both get to it, they're both standing up.

A simple attempt at putting his foot in would have sufficed instead of jumping out of the way..

is it possible for you to not over think and analyse everything? Because in reality, and in layman's terms, he shit himself

Also, I like how the Bayern player behind Dzeko gets a free run up the line

pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Rammy Blue said:
He's 100% correct as I swore in front of my son when he did it. Shithouse.
He is a coward.
pe4Fj2.gif

That was probably the turning-point of the match. The shitbag deserves a good slapping - should never play for City again.

Seriously though, the "Dzeko criticizers" wonder why there are a few of us who come onto this thread to defend him, when after our team was humiliated on every front by Bayern the other night, the topic of conversation here is about what a coward Dzeko is for deciding against going all out for a 50-50 challenge on the half-way line.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pudge said:
@BluePhil8 said:
He is a coward.
pe4Fj2.gif

That was probably the turning-point of the match. The shitbag deserves a good slapping - should never play for City again.

Seriously though, the "Dzeko criticizers" wonder why there are a few of us who come onto this thread to defend him, when after our team was humiliated on every front by Bayern the other night, the topic of conversation here is about what a coward Dzeko is for deciding against going all out for a 50-50 challenge on the half-way line.

Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.