Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pe4Fj2.gif

I am really very far from being a Dzeko fan.
But how can we slate him for this attempt again Robben?
Robben is a world class player (or at least near that level). Dzeko is just a stiker trying to defend.

Isn't what Lescott (a defender) does with Lukaku (a good player but far from world class) much worse?

At 00:40 in this vid:
<a class="postlink" href="http://rutube.ru/video/ac18c166e632deb18bac71a960f592bd/?ref=logo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rutube.ru/video/ac18c166e632deb1 ... /?ref=logo</a>

However, in the official site,
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=422#.UlFdsFMsYRw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Art ... lFdsFMsYRw</a>
the report is:
A ball over the top landed nicely for Lukaku and he brushed Lescott aside to set up a one-on-one. His shot was low and hard, and Hart got a hand to it, but couldn’t keep it out. It was a difficult save, but he might feel he could have done better.

(Lescott attempt obviously confuses Hart, but the article puts the blame entirely on Hart and not Lescott)

fablue said:
Robben is a world class player (or at least near that level). Dzeko is just a stiker trying to defend.

Isn't what Lescott (a defender) does with Lukaku (a good player but far from world class) much worse?

At 00:40 in this vid:
<a class="postlink" href="http://rutube.ru/video/ac18c166e632deb18bac71a960f592bd/?ref=logo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rutube.ru/video/ac18c166e632deb1 ... /?ref=logo</a>

However, in the official site,
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=422#.UlFdsFMsYRw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Art ... lFdsFMsYRw</a>
the report is:
A ball over the top landed nicely for Lukaku and he brushed Lescott aside to set up a one-on-one. His shot was low and hard, and Hart got a hand to it, but couldn’t keep it out. It was a difficult save, but he might feel he could have done better.

(Lescott attempt obviously confuses Hart, but the article puts the blame entirely on Hart and not Lescott)

You think this is ridiculous - he was slated on here for the way he was sitting after being subbed out in one game!

fablue said:

Because it's a 50/50. Robben isn't running with the ball with Edin trying to tackle him - the ball is there for both to win. Whoever wants it most usually wins it but Edin didn't even go in for it cos he shit his kecks form Arjen Robben FFS, one of the worlds biggest shitters of kecks

With Edin , the key issues are self-belief and composure. I wasn't at Villa Park but I'm told that Ruben Cousillas jumped off the bench and bawled Dzeko out for sitting on his arse after being fouled -and not getting the decision. Ruben wanted him to just get up and get on with it.
I've got a lot of time for Edin as I have for Kun and Alf as well. And there may be certain combinations-such as him driving in to finish off one of Kolarov's whipped crosses -where he could be very effective.

grahamgor said:
With Edin , the key issues are self-belief and composure. I wasn't at Villa Park but I'm told that Ruben Cousillas jumped off the bench and bawled Dzeko out for sitting on his arse after being fouled -and not getting the decision. Ruben wanted him to just get up and get on with it.
I've got a lot of time for Edin as I have for Kun and Alf as well. And there may be certain combinations-such as him driving in to finish off one of Kolarov's whipped crosses -where he could be very effective.

Great, so we paid 27 mill for some guy to stand in the 6 yard box and wait for it to hit his foot? Brilliant!

pominoz said:
grahamgor said:

Great, so we paid 27 mill for some guy to stand in the 6 yard box and wait for it to hit his foot? Brilliant!

Even for you that comment is deluded..

pominoz said:
grahamgor said:

I agree with both Pominoz and Graham here. I'm still optimistic that Dzeko can give something to the team, even if he is 3rd choice striker at the moment. On the transfer market, it looks like Napoli was right in their valuation of Dzeko, he's worth about 12-15 million.

SkyBlueUSA said:
pominoz said:
grahamgor said:

I agree with both Pominoz and Graham here. I'm still optimistic that Dzeko can give something to the team, even if he is 3rd choice striker at the moment. On the transfer market, it looks like Napoli was right in their valuation of Dzeko, he's worth about 12-15 million.

strong rumors hes going to arsenal heaven forbid that happens.

AntiUnited said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
pominoz said:

we wont sell anyone to Arsenal..

AntiUnited said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
pominoz said:

He'll be second choice to Giroud at Arsenal, and wouldn't be a regular. Wenger loves Giroud. I still see Dzeko off to Dortmund next summer for 12-15 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.