EFL Cup 17/18 December

Is this a young Liverpool side ?
I don't see how the respective age of the teams is relevant. Each club picks a team to represent the club. Tonight this team is Liverpool. It will not say in the record that this was Liverpool's youth team it will say Liverpool lost to Villa, hopefully 10 to 0.

Off topic, but there's a ding dong of a game going on over in Germany. Leipzig level with Dortmund at 3-3. Spurs fans think they've got an easy tie. I think it's the most difficult one of the four English teams left. Precisely because Leipzig are underestimated.

On another note, is it only since City started winning the competition so often or before that it became so ok to dismiss the competition?

I can kind of understand for City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea. But since when has it been so popular to turn your nose up at a trophy? I mean from a fan's perspective btw, where the PL money doesn't affect them directly.

Also, anyone suspect that these Liverpool youngsters are going to get praised to the moon despite losing by a cricket score? I swear I've seen our kids actually beat better teams with no mention.

In recent years we've won this competition by beating Arsenal, Chelsea and, yes, Liverpool. It is a nonsense to say it is an unimportant competition. On the other hand: years and years ago, I was living in Tokyo, and I was so starved of football that I went into town to see the World Club Competition, or whatever it was called at the time. It was Liverpool against I cannot remember who. I loathed them somewhat less at the time than I do now. Rush was still playing for them. An absolute nothing cup, with a nothing atmosphere. A piece of fluff invented by the FIFA suits. Truly, that's what I thought then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.