EFL Cup - 3rd Round Draw (WBA away)

You've tied him up in knots mate.
He's just wrong!

Said they got 13 straight int he FA cup between 2012 and 2014.

And what he meant was they played 13 straight games including replays and second legs, across FA Cup and League cup, from 2011-2015.

How can the chances of being drawn away be anything other than 50%

50% chance of being drawn away then multiply that by the chance that our opponent is one of the "trickier" ones

so for example, in the third round of the FA Cup, everybody has a 50% chance of an away draw assuming a fair random draw system. However of the 63 teams in that draw apart from us, 19 are Premier League teams and I used the top 5 from the Championship. So the chance of being drawn away to a premier league or top 5 championship side is

50% x 24/63 = 19%

Just to be clear about that run for United:

City (PL) - Jan 12 - FA Cup
Liverpool (PL) - Jan 12 - FA Cup
Newcastle (PL) - Sep 12 - Lge Cup
Chelsea (PL) - Oct 12 - Lge Cup
W Ham (PL) - Jan 13 - FA Cup
Fulham (PL) - Jan 13 - FA Cup
Reading (PL) - Feb 13 - FA Cup
Chelsea (PL) - Mar 13 - FA Cup
Chelsea (PL) - Apr 13 - FA Cup - REPLAY
Liverpool (PL) - Sep 13 - Lge Cup
Norwich (CHAMPO) - Oct 13 - Lge Cup
Stoke (PL) - Dec 13 12 - Lge Cup
Swans (PL) - Jan 14 - FA Cup
Sunderland (PL) - Jan 14 - Lge Cup
Sunderland (PL) - Feb 14 - Lge Cup - Mandatory 2nd leg

So it's 9 games, up to Norwich, but 13 if you thought Norwich were in the Prem. Grimey run though. This was quickly followed by the likes of MK Dons, Yeovil, Cambridge and PNE

Sorry shemnel I think you are wrong. Norwich were in the Prem that season and finished 18th. The game was the 29th October 2913.

He's just wrong!

Said they got 13 straight int he FA cup between 2012 and 2014.

And what he meant was they played 13 straight games including replays and second legs, across FA Cup and League cup, from 2011-2015.

No I said they played 13 prem sides on the spin. Its 13 without replays and second legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.