EFL Cup - 3rd Round Draw (WBA away)

Should make the cheating easier for them then, no need for warm or cold balls, it is the future, it was trialled in the Eufa cup last season, the result was what everybody wanted so expect it to be pushed out to all competitions in future.
Correct.

Missed the point. We have sold the sponsorship to some unknown brand to the UK market and part of the deal is the draw being made abroad. How long before games are played are even dafter times and days to suit the foreign market. On a very slippery slope
Yep.

You are looking at the one specific probability of being drawn in the 6th match and the previous 10 teams drawn out all being Prem tems. There are millions of other combinations for how the 64 balls can be drawn. I'm using basic probability law which is applied before any teams are drawn. If you worked out every single pemutation and calculated the probability of each occurance for a team being drawn away to another prem team or a top 5 championship side at some point in the draw, it would come to 19%. You'd need a big sheet of paper and a packet of anadin as well for the headache (other brands are available...)

Before the draw every team has a 50% chance of being drawn home or away and their opponents will be one of 63 other teams in the case of the FA Cup 3rd round. So the probability that opponent will be a premier league team is 19/63 as we cant play ourselves. In the example to include Huddersfield the top 5 of the Championship are also included so it's 24/63. We need both things to happen (ie drawn away and against one of those 24 teams) so the probability is 0.5 x 24/63 = 19%
I understand what you are saying but when everyone talks about odds on 11 successive away games that is one thing, when you factor in top flight opponents you have to look at how many teams left etc which as you rightly say you would need a large sheet of paper and tablets for. Ultimately the odds are very high either way and I don't believe in coincidences

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.