EFL Cup final venue

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Graceyboy, 9 Jan 2019.

1. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Normal away goals I'd have no problem with as it's a two legged tie. But under the old rules if Chelsea won the second leg 2-1, it would still go to extra time and the away goals would only count for extra at the end of extra time, which for me increases the advantage of being at home for the second leg.

2. oldtimerdiscopants

oldtimerdiscopants

The Spuds stadium move has been put back again, is it a safety concern that is preventing this happening or haven't they decorated the toilet block yet?

3. JGL07

JGL07

There has been some rubbish posted here such as ‘the FA won’t allow it’ or ‘the PL will have considered this’.

Nothing to do with either as it is run by the EFL.

Either way a contract will have been signed to stage the EFL cup at Wembley for the foreseeable.

I have no problem with the EFL Cup or the FA Cup being held at Wembley. I don’t like Wembley as a SF Venue and would prefer to see Regional Stadia used. Bring back Villa Park and Hillesbrough (maybe not the latter against Liverpool)!

4. Terrycooke

Terrycooke

Team supported:
    City
    They won’t move a final, Wembley is to make money which they won’t make as much anywhere else. Simple as that.

5. GaudinosWheels

GaudinosWheels

Not read the whole thread and this may have been posted already but this is online:

[​IMG]

6. Sleeping_Easy

Sleeping_Easy

Does anyone know if the League cup final made it onto general sale last time. I've got the points allocation to go but a mate who doesn't would like to come and don't want to tell him to book hotels etc if he can't get a ticket.

7. mcfcmatt

mcfcmatt

93:20 drinking Amstel out of a plastic cup
    I think it did but sold out when on general sale very quickly.

8. Jesus2018

Jesus2018

The arrogance of some of our fans lately! We've still got to go to Burton and at least get a draw yet. Lose by 10 or more and were out.

9. dom

dom

Hell you’ve got me worried again now......ffs surely we can’t fook this up....!@@!!!!

wahablue and Jesus2018 like this.
  10. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

I booked a hotel when the draw was made - the one at the bottom of Wembley way. Stayed there for the Spurs game last season and it was cool.

That’s the Pep effect ;-)