elano the cocky shit

de niro said:
i was not at my best at the bolton game, my head seems fuzzy, was he even there?
i can't remember.
Took it round the bolton team, ran back to the half way line and had a shot. It was going in until it rebounded off Elmo's arse. Sure you can't remember?

I cant believe they put a 'knew' contract.

Elano was amazing last year so we shouldnt woman about our players, if he leaves - then thankyou and best of luck to him

many good posts on this thread IMO.2 years left? what are these players.Ffs its not manditory to extend contracts and increase wagers half way through a contract.If a club isn;t offering, its time players started to look at themselves in the mirror and ask "why*?.There isn;t a manager in my view who would walk into a club thats loaded,look at a player,then think,wow what a brilliant box to box player,lets not keep him.Well that Howard wilkinson with Cantona may be one of very few exceptions.If he goes its also because WE let him,not because HE requests it.Its time contracts were honoured,so I;d fine him the max we can for this.To be honest when I see some of the poor humans of this world,this sort of thing makes me puke.

Surprised to see him compared to Ireland. The big difference it that Ireland was on lowish wages and has been player of the season - obvious candidate for an upgraded contract.

Elano I'm sure is already on big wages. He's grumbled most of the year - which stands out when you think how many players have been left behind by all the purchases and yet we haven't heard anything from them. He had a few chances and didn't play well. Then came back in, did well for a handful of games and immediately asked for a new contract. If he thinks that's his right and is prepared to say so in the papers imagine how much grumbling is going on behind the scenes?

Now is the time for him to say, "I'm playing well, I'm going to kill myself in pre-season trying to be the fittest, and I'm going to prove that I'm the best player at the club....Now, do you want me to stay?". If he proved himself he'd be getting a new contract midway through next season anyway. Saying "show me the money and I'll stay" isn't the right attitude.

I remember an interview with Elano going on about how poor he was as a youngster and so on. He seems to have changed into a money hungry prick who is only prepared to get his finger out when the whiff of money comes around.

I can't believe people are defending him on here. His amount of 'world class' performances can be counted on my two fat fingered hands.

Fuck him up his stupid arse.

Elano last night delivered a transatlantic ultimatum to Manchester City: offer me a knew contract or let me leave.

says it all!!!

Kevcod said:
I've been telling you since October 2007, there was a reason he hadn't been "discovered" by a big team before he came to us. He disappeared around that time and didn't resurface until the Hamburg game this year. For all those of you who called me ..Rag, prick etc, please feel free to apologise.
He had about 8 decent games for us, and manages to play well most games for Brasil, so it's obvious where his priority lays.
Against Spurs he got poked in the eye, but asked to be replaced then has a "groin" injury for the Bolton game.

Not interested in putting a shift in. I'm not totally sure about Hughes, but I'll give him his due, he worked Elano out from day one, and although we didn't want too believe it , he was right.

We'll be lucky to get 8 million though

This.

I've never hated him, but didn't fawn all over him either like some on here. He is what he is. If Hughes gets close to 8 million he's gone, but if not, he'll be told he can rot in the reserves with two years on his contract.

The problem with Elano is he's only good when he wants to be which isn't often enough. If he put a shift in and was as professional as Ireland, for example, he'd be one of the best players in the world. He's got the ability, he just can't be arsed! Which is really frustrating!

Chippy_boy said:
Well just to add some balance, I would like him to stay.

He's an outstanding player who after a bad spell has worked hard to get back on form and to win his starting place back.

He's asking for a new contract or to be let go, one way or another. I don't see anything unreasonable in that. It's no secret that Hughes has had a problem with him and he probably feels about as unloved as Tevez does at the rags, yet I don't hear anyone here slating Tevez for his outburst in the NOTW.

A lot of hypocrites on this forum imho.

Those are good points, except for that fact that there is no reason why he has to make public comments to engineer a move. He can talk to Hughes in private, and as it's obvious that Hughes doesn't rate him as a starting 11 player, so I'm sure Hughes would have accomodated him once we get a couple quality players in.

There is no need for the public comments he's made. Now he might be affecting any transfer bids, we get for him, and since we don't need the money, Hughes might be pissed off enough to let him rot in the reserves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.