Elano's Depature

pee dubya said:
mammutly said:
That seems to be the Hughes' target cohort. He's signings are all mostly that age.

IMO, Elano's departure says a lot about our manager's limitations. He's buying a solid premiership side and I fully expect us to do top 6 next season and top 4 after that. I don't think he's capabale of winning anything though.

Average age of Hughes's signings is 26.

If you include Jo lol

14w62qw.jpg

He's still there! haha

pee dubya said:
goatfeeder100 said:
I am convinced of it. Once he plays regular football and plays football at a club that appreciates his talents, he will shine enough to be picked up by a big club.

For a start he'll be 30 in a couple of years.

Do you not wonder why he's never been a first team regular outside of Brazil? He's clearly talented enoguh to play for the Brazilian national team, but there's something there that's stopping him reaching the top level of club football.

Yes I do, because I have seen him produce some stuff that not many other players are capable of. His vision and passing range, and the ease with which he plays the game, is exhilarating to watch. I very surprised Milan didn't back up their interest with an offer, because I think he would be sensational in Serie A.

As for him being 30 in a couple of years, well so what? His game is based around intelligence and phenomenal natural ability.

I liked Elano, but as others have said there were too few games where he played like he did against Hamburg. You just can't afford to go missing in the PL.

Whether that's because of his attitude, his committment, or whether he didn't want to play for MH maybe no one will know, but as Neil MacNabs Tache said in another topic it would appear he said goodbye to some and not others. That in itself is a poor reflection on the guy because at the end of the day football is a team game and even if you don't like some of your team mates, you still have to work with them. If your personality doesn't allow for that then you won't get very far and your attitude will always be questioned.

I'm sad he's gone, I thought he was a great player but far too inconsistent for whatever reason. But getting 8 mill is a bit of a result I reckon, and at least he won't come back to haunt us in the league this season.

The players who have come in are all established Premier League players from the first choice 11 of top 4 clubs (Barry and Taylor apart, and maybe Tevez if you want to be pedantic) so you can't really fault MH's policy of replacements can you?

Lancashire Blue said:
I liked Elano, but as others have said there were too few games where he played like he did against Hamburg. You just can't afford to go missing in the PL.

Whether that's because of his attitude, his committment, or whether he didn't want to play for MH maybe no one will know, but as Neil MacNabs Tache said in another topic it would appear he said goodbye to some and not others. That in itself is a poor reflection on the guy because at the end of the day football is a team game and even if you don't like some of your team mates, you still have to work with them. If your personality doesn't allow for that then you won't get very far and your attitude will always be questioned.

I'm sad he's gone, I thought he was a great player but far too inconsistent for whatever reason. But getting 8 mill is a bit of a result I reckon, and at least he won't come back to haunt us in the league this season.

The players who have come in are all established Premier League players from the first choice 11 of top 4 clubs (Barry and Taylor apart, and maybe Tevez if you want to be pedantic) so you can't really fault MH's policy of replacements can you?

Nope. One of the more reasonable posts I've read about the guy.

goatfeeder100 said:
pee dubya said:
Doubt it.

I am convinced of it. Once he plays regular football and plays football at a club that appreciates his talents, he will shine enough to be picked up by a big club.
I'll happily bet you he won't. The guy doesn't have the necessary attitude to make it at the very top.

Lancashire Blue said:

this is bang on. he just hasn't got the temperament or themental strength to get to the very top - fabulous touch though what a shame

i'm disappointed as i felt he was too good for the team we had. I think he would have been much better with better players around him so he didnt get the chance to shine. Creative spark has gone out at the moment, hope i'm wrong.

PowderBlue said:
i'm disappointed as i felt he was too good for the team we had. I think he would have been much better with better players around him so he didnt get the chance to shine. Creative spark has gone out at the moment, hope i'm wrong.

Pretty much my view. I bet he forces Robinho out next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.