Elano's Depature

goatfeeder100 said:
PowderBlue said:
i'm disappointed as i felt he was too good for the team we had. I think he would have been much better with better players around him so he didnt get the chance to shine. Creative spark has gone out at the moment, hope i'm wrong.

Pretty much my view. I bet he forces Robinho out next.

Sadly, I have to agree.

goatfeeder100 said:
TFC said:
lmao, big boy pants on please you lot...

;)

If you're happy to settle for efficiency and consistent endeavour that will have us fighting with Everton and Villa every year, fine.

Don't forget tenacity and effort.

We will be a solid top 4 team in 3 years.

Who could want more?

As some one said on here, "there has to be some reason why he never made it to the very top" because there is no doubting his ability.
I've never quite believed all the negative stuff that's written about his attitude, I just don't think he fitted in with the team Hughes wanted to put out. I hope the same thing doesn't start to happen over Robinho.

Ade!! is supposed to have upset the dressing room at Arsenal and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on with us.

mammutly said:
goatfeeder100 said:
Pretty much my view. I bet he forces Robinho out next.

Sadly, I have to agree.

What a load of tosh. I admire Elano, but at the end of the day, if you want to go places in the League, you need to be consistent, week in week out, good peformances, whether its Eastlands on a sunny August, or Ewood Park, on a wet December. One possible reason why Elano isn't at a top club is because he is inconsistent, thats what separates him from the top midfielders in the country, your Gerrards, and Lampards, who always deliver the goods on a weekly basis. It is no coincidence why he is not a very top club, when he was at Shaktar Donetsk, when we signed him, were we battling with any top clubs for his signature? He was 26 at the time, bit of a long time for a quality player to go unnoticed don't you think?

mammutly said:
goatfeeder100 said:
If you're happy to settle for efficiency and consistent endeavour that will have us fighting with Everton and Villa every year, fine.

Don't forget tenacity and effort.

We will be a solid top 4 team in 3 years.

Who could want more?

You may as well have put Everton.

We may be a solid top 4, we may not. Plenty of teams have the capacity for vast investment so I wouldn't be surprised to see other clubs competing with us for that top 4 spot.

Unknown_Genius said:
mammutly said:
Sadly, I have to agree.

What a load of tosh. I admire Elano, but at the end of the day, if you want to go places in the League, you need to be consistent, week in week out, good peformances, whether its Eastlands on a sunny August, or Ewood Park, on a wet December. One possible reason why Elano isn't at a top club is because he is inconsistent, thats what separates him from the top midfielders in the country, your Gerrards, and Lampards, who always deliver the goods on a weekly basis. It is no coincidence why he is not a very top club, when he was at Shaktar Donetsk, when we signed him, were we battling with any top clubs for his signature? He was 26 at the time, bit of a long time for a quality player to go unnoticed don't you think?

Depends what you mean by 'unnoticed'. Regular for Brazil? There's a hidden talent for you!

We have not exactly had to fight off top competition for any of the 28/29 year old proven players Hughes has signed so far.

Cantona had gone similarly 'unnoticed' when Ferguson signed him.

Elano is an exceptional player. His departure is our loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.