Elano's Depature

mammutly said:
Unknown_Genius said:
What a load of tosh. I admire Elano, but at the end of the day, if you want to go places in the League, you need to be consistent, week in week out, good peformances, whether its Eastlands on a sunny August, or Ewood Park, on a wet December. One possible reason why Elano isn't at a top club is because he is inconsistent, thats what separates him from the top midfielders in the country, your Gerrards, and Lampards, who always deliver the goods on a weekly basis. It is no coincidence why he is not a very top club, when he was at Shaktar Donetsk, when we signed him, were we battling with any top clubs for his signature? He was 26 at the time, bit of a long time for a quality player to go unnoticed don't you think?

Depends what you mean by 'unnoticed'. Regular for Brazil? There's a hidden talent for you!

We have not exactly had to fight off top competition for any of the 28/29 year old proven players Hughes has signed so far.

Cantona had gone similarly 'unnoticed' when Ferguson signed him.

Elano is an exceptional player. His departure is our loss.

You, my friend, don't know what you're talking about...

As I said earlier today...all those Elano lovers that were ranting about how he's gonna go off to AC or Inter and prove himself to be a world beater have well and truly had it shoved up their arses. Turkey? Don't make me fucking laugh. Elano simply does not have what it takes to cut it at the very top. His departure won't even be a footnote in our history...

An overrated player, defended by those with hidden agenda's against our manager...

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Depends what you mean by 'unnoticed'. Regular for Brazil? There's a hidden talent for you!

We have not exactly had to fight off top competition for any of the 28/29 year old proven players Hughes has signed so far.

As I said earlier today...all those Elano lovers that were ranting about how he's gonna go off to AC or Inter and prove himself to be a world beater have well and truly had it shoved up their arses. Turkey? Don't make me fucking laugh. Elano simply does not have what it takes to cut it at the very top. His departure won't even be a footnote in our history...

An overrated player, defended by those with hidden agenda's against our manager...

I have no hidden agenda. I think Hughes is a workaday manager who is buying us a top 4 side.

I think Elano is a class player with talent Hughes' could not exploit. Much though it pains me to say it ( and it honestly does) I do think the same applies to Robinho.

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

He only became a regular for Brazil when Dunga came, he wasnt at the 2006 WC. And yes, he was relatively unnoticed before he went to Shaktar. When he was at Santos, a guy called Diego outshone him, and guess what? Diego is playing for Juventus, while Elano is in Turkey.

Not had to fight off competition for any of Hughes signings? Liverpool were courting Barry for a long time, Chelsea and Real wanted Tevez, Milan wanted Adebayor, Man U, Arsenal, and Liverpool were looking at Santa Cruz.

mammutly said:
BillyShears said:

I have no hidden agenda. I think Hughes is a workaday manager who is buying us a top 4 side.

I think Elano is a class player with talent Hughes' could not exploit. Much though it pains me to say it ( and it honestly does) I do think the same applies to Robinho.

Course you don't...

Shame to lose his creative talent, probably the most aware and best passer we've had since Berkovic, but it clearly wasn't going to work as hes not a hughes type player. Not sure I believe much of the dressing room disruption stories as I don't tend to lap up press rumours as readily as some, although to be fair I suspect most quality players might have cause for complaint if their reward for a decent performance is to be dropped in favour of Vassell.

Good luck to him.

Unknown_Genius said:
BillyShears said:

He only became a regular for Brazil when Dunga came, he wasnt at the 2006 WC. And yes, he was relatively unnoticed before he went to Shaktar. When he was at Santos, a guy called Diego outshone him, and guess what? Diego is playing for Juventus, while Elano is in Turkey.

Not had to fight off competition for any of Hughes signings? Liverpool were courting Barry for a long time, Chelsea and Real wanted Tevez, Milan wanted Adebayor, Man U, Arsenal, and Liverpool were looking at Santa Cruz.

I'm sorry, but that's just speculation and invention.

As for 'only became a regular for Brazil when Dunga came in', please! Elano has consitently been a top rated player for Brazil - arguably the best team in the world. Are you seriously suggesting that's only due to some kind of nepotism?

I don't know why he has gone to Turkey. I think it's a bad move for him, although time will tell. However, I do believe that Elano is the sort of player that a truly talented and ambitious manager would have kept hold of.

mammutly said:
However, I do believe that Elano is the sort of player that a truly talented and ambitious manager would have kept hold of.

Nope...no hidden agendas there...

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

Course you don't...

You're letting yourself down , Billy.

Stop it.

;-)

I said on here a year back that the Brazilian lads would be dust and that they just may be dust come the new season. Only Robinho remains, and with the new additions, combined with 'Ela's exit, i can also see Robinho's exit also. He wasn't an MH recruit, and it shows.

Robinho has two distinct options: a; commit and become the player he is feted to be...home and away. Or leave. It could happen with the new attack options available to MH.

Elano is undisputedly a skillful player, but not complete, and it is as clear as day that City will recruit a similar kind of player, but one that offers skill and commitment. He never had both.

I positively hope that the influence/absence of Elano in Robinho's career, propels him onto his next level, which is undoubtedly potentially sublime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.