Elbow (band)

I'm seeing them at Leeds Festival this year, I'll write "Are you City fans?" on a massive banner and let you know the outcome ;)

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Jez Smith, keyboard maestro with Oldham's John Lees' Barclay James Harvest is a big blues fan...
Works at Barclays in the daytime as well mate!!!!

Citizen52 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He's from Prestwich, not Bury. Lives round the corner from me.

Prestwich is in Bury, until Heaton Park gigs and revenue for Manchester Council come into the equation, but that's another story.

I'm from Middleton originally which I consider is Manchester - but technically it's in Rochdale.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:05 am --<br /><br />
MrOblivious said:
Don't care if they're blues, just know they're a bunch of arseholes.

They rented out 2 or 3 whole floors when my band was practicing which was fine, but talked to us like pieces of shit when we were outside having a cig. Not on from anyone, famous or not

Clearly a band of the people that Guy Garvey likes to believe they are.

ChrisBee said:
LeeOnePen said:
I don't know about kid British, but he could sit next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know who he was. Any others?

I was in the same year at school as the lads out of Kid British, I think they're split between us and the rags.

I know this is going back a bit, but weren't 10cc blues? There's a whole list on here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._supporters#Famous_fans

Alan Carr? ha doesnt strike me as a city fan.

My mate drives the tour bus and is really tight with them...he says they're not into football.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:42 am --<br /><br />
citygal1 said:
ChrisBee said:
LeeOnePen said:
I don't know about kid British, but he could sit next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know who he was. Any others?

I was in the same year at school as the lads out of Kid British, I think they're split between us and the rags.

I know this is going back a bit, but weren't 10cc blues? There's a whole list on here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._supporters#Famous_fans

Alan Carr? ha doesnt strike me as a city fan.

His dad was the manager of Northampton.

MCFC BOB said:
Regardless of where their footballing allegiances lie,
they're one of the greatest British bands ever.

I completely disagree. They've got no anthems and don't put on a show. I'm not really in to Muse but they've got 100 times what Elbow have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.