Electric cars

You can buy Honda and Toyota hydrogen cars.
God knows where you fill them up though.
Nevertheless I reckon within 20 years electric cars will have gone the way of Betamax and fax machines.
There’s one for sale on auto trader.

Owner’s probably fed up at not being able to go far from the petrol station that has hydrogen fuel.

There’s one for sale on auto trader.

Owner’s probably fed up at not being able to go far from the petrol station that has hydrogen fuel.
I had a quick look and in January of this year there were 11 in the UK, 5 of them within the M25, 2 in Scotland and none in NI or Wales. I'd have a handy 200 mile round trip to fill up here in Scotland as they're both in Aberdeen...

I had a quick look and in January of this year there were 11 in the UK, 5 of them within the M25, 2 in Scotland and none in NI or Wales. I'd have a handy 200 mile round trip to fill up here in Scotland as they're both in Aberdeen...
I do think they’ll become more popular than EVs at some point, but that point isn’t now.

Hydrogen will be the eventual solution. When it's perfected, and it will be, that will be the new norm. Probably no money in it for the tax man at the moment, unlike electricity, which appears unregulated just now.
Unfortunately we will have to do the ev dance that we all know is a massive con before we get there.

self charging hybrids, worth it or not? I have a big lump of a diesel due to be replaced in september, dont do anywhere near the miles I envisaged when I bought it so it seems sensible to look at alternatives, I find my previously cynical head is being turned. Plug in anything isnt an option for me so .....

Theres simply not the infrastructure in place for electric cars at the moment. Heard several stories about people undertaking long journeys, and needing to stop every 200-300 miles to re-charge at the services. However at these re-charge points theres a big queue of folk waiting to do the same thing, and thus you're having to wait several hours to fully recharge your vehicle and get on your way again.

Most people just dont have the time or patience for that.

Hydrogen will be the eventual solution. When it's perfected, and it will be, that will be the new norm. Probably no money in it for the tax man at the moment, unlike electricity, which appears unregulated just now.
Unfortunately we will have to do the ev dance that we all know is a massive con before we get there.
Potentially yes, hydrogen is the eventual future for our energy needs, the technology already exists and can be molded to our current societal infrastructure. The issues surround creating it in the first place. Hydrogen in and of itself isn't zero emission either sadly (burning it gives off nitrous oxide, a much denser greenhouse gas) so we'd have to focus on 'green' hydrogen through electrolysis, which is an energy sapping procedure in order to create it to be used in HFC cars.

Only something like a nuclear power station could be feasible argued to generate the required energy to create green H2 without a loss on other energy requirements as, although solar and wind can do it, the amount of energy required is massive or not cost productive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.