Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:
He didn't say he doesn't want to join City. He had the either/or question thrown at him and hesitated, then said Chelsea but only because of the location, nothing to do with the clubs. He also said he wants to join a club that can offer him trophies.
transfers in still going to plan then?
Don't think there's much weight to LoveCity's input on transfer discussions now mate, apparently he's not in Txiki's office anymore ;)

Reading the quotes it's time to look elsewhere, Benatia is the finished product right now anyway. Those comments are really unprofessional.

Not very clever things to say when you know City is in for you since last summer at least.

Btw he looked very raw talent for me when I saw him playing, big potential but huge mistakes along the way would come from him surely but in the end he might end up in a world class defender.

I wouldnt sign him for 30-35m pounds tho. Who knows what he wants more come to City or just leave Porto for a top league club for lot better wages.

Jacks77 said:
Not very clever things to say when you know City is in for you since last summer at least.

Btw he looked very raw talent for me when I saw him playing, big potential but huge mistakes along the way would come from him surely but in the end he might end up in a world class defender.

I wouldnt sign him for 30-35m pounds tho. Who knows what he wants more come to City or just leave Porto for a top league club for lot better wages.

Best tell him then that we are no longer interested and move on with Benatia and get Fernando at a lower price now that Mangala not part of the deal. Bet Porto not best pleased with him either

Ever since the new quotes and who his agent is I'm not worried about him coming. Waiting till after the World Cup goes against our plans because we want to get the transfers sorted quickly. He's auditioning during the World Cup and not in a Fernandinho sort of way. Don't think he matches with the ethos of the team.

MillionDollarDream said:
Ever since the new quotes and who his agent is I'm not worried about him coming. Waiting till after the World Cup goes against our plans because we want to get the transfers sorted quickly. He's auditioning during the World Cup and not in a Fernandinho sort of way. Don't think he matches with the ethos of the team.

Certainly not covering himself in glory in his comments. As other's have posted, time to move on.

All pretty arrogant on his part (if it's true). The present French team isn't great - I'm not sure they'll have a great World Cup and he's certainly not guaranteed a starting place. His present reputation is largely based on a view that he has potential - if people see him play at the very top level I'm not sure this will be enhanced.

Our recent signings have been successful and all those signings have been eager to join us - they haven't been doing us a favour. If he thinks the streets of London are paved with gold - then he's a Dick!

Bottomless_Sailor said:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9316896/transfer-news-reported-manchester-city-target-eliaquim-mangala-puts-future-on-hold

PSG namedropped.

Obviously a planned media release, pushing us away so that he doesn't move until after his wage prospects are really ramped up by the World Cup.

Well, here's to a spate of hilarious froggy own goals!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.