Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

OB1 said:
Looks like an incredibly crass comment by him. City do not need to go any player that is not busting to join us.
Apparently we did need him though, at least in January. We are told our summer recruitment plans have been made and are not going to be adjusted for FFP squad sanctions. So we obviously still need and will sign him (incredibly crass or not) or we need and are signing someone else instead to replace Lescott.

How reliable are these quotes really? Could easily be lost in translation somewhere.

Maybe these comments from Mangala are him twisting information to suit himself. It could be that we have turned our attentions to someone else & he is now saying he would rather go to Chelsea.

Hihosilva said:
Maybe these comments from Mangala are him twisting information to suit himself. It could be that we have turned our attentions to someone else & he is now saying he would rather go to Chelsea.
a distinct possibility in the light of prevailing circumstances (I think his agent might have something to do with his comments as well)

George Hannah said:
Hihosilva said:
a distinct possibility in the light of prevailing circumstances (I think his agent might have something to do with his comments as well)

Mendes is his agent so it's little surprise that City have struggled to do the deal and could potentially be looking elsewhere (as per the Benatia links). There's a third party ownership issue too.

I've said this before about the Porto pair. I could understand last summer, and in January, why they were targeted. But going into this summer I'd be surprised if either ends up at City. They are both very good players and both fit certain profiles, but neither is particularly value for money, and certainly in the case of Fernando, he's a player who doesn't necessarily compliment the qualities we already have in the squad simply reinforces them.

I totally agree with those who doubt this lad....

His statements, be them taken out of context or even if they're part of the negotiation process, don't sound good.

The club should steer club of these types, we don't need them... Even if they were great like Tevez and arguably Anelka. Look how Hazard is turning out. We need players who want to play for us, like Zabba, Vinny, Spanish Dave and Yaya.

If City are going to spend most of the money they're allowed to spend, then it shouldn't wasted on this one..... Besides, what I've seen of him isn't good. He doesn't look very bright and although quick and fast I'm not sure he's what we need.

I don't think there's too much meaning in his words. It doesn't mean he has anything against us as a club. If there was any hint of that, the anti-city media would have been all over this like flies.

Still hoping we get him. Massive potential on this lad. I could see him as Vinny's successor with a little more polishing.

noirish said:
How reliable are these quotes really? Could easily be lost in translation somewhere.

It's from an interview with BeIn Sports. They posted the interview on the French affiliate.

1st paragraph he mentions he's given no indication of his future and fully focused on WC.

2nd paragraph he confirms the talks in January but HE preferred to stay at Porto for stability reasons as he felt it would be difficult to leave during the season.

So I'm led to believe he was the hold up, not the transfer fee for the packaged deal of himself/Fernando. Remember we were all set up with a private jet to bring them here on deadline day.

Final paragraph is where he is asked if he's given the choice to make the move to England, City or Chelsea and he chooses Chelsea, simply because it's in London.

The exact quote is "Because Chelsea is in London" .

So I think the English speaking media have twisted the words a bit with the snub or the Manchester digs. It could really be down to just what he's more familiar with because of his agent,

With all the David Luiz exit talks it looks like PSG is more interested in that move + Hazard and are willing to give up some fringe players but still quality in Pastore/Lavezzi and maybe Cavani.

So I think there's still a good chance we are still in for Mangala but again it's with his timing that may be throwing us off that we want to move on. First it was because of stability/middle of the season, now it's "well let's wait till after the World Cup". Even though Demi turned out well, I don't think we want to wait till middle of July to fill that key position.

Porto are desperate for this deal with us.

Everything is agreed with them but the lad is seemingly stalling with these comments.

The Benatia links are a leak to put the pressure on before the World Cup.

No way Chelsea would be in, Mourinho went on record at the time of the Zouma deal to state there was little difference between the pair, and Zouma was a third of the price.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.