Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

Ray78 said:
I am not liking his lack of enthusiasm in wanting to join City but if he does sign for us then then there will be time for to win me over.

Worse still his lack of class - City should know from the Isco and Hazard experiences its time to tell this guy to f*ck off .... He's not even a proven top player for christs sake, who does he think he is!!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
BlueAnorak said:
I have watched him a few times since January and I have to say he's very good but makes some almighty cock ups.
Fernando is amazing but Mangala is more like David Luiz than Vincent Kompany, The reputed €45m (£37.8m) buy-out clause is DEFINITELY far too much for him
Frankly I think Nastasic is the steadier player. I'd rather we kept Nastasic and brought Karim Rekik into the first team to play in the LC and occasional first team games.

This
Sorry but for me Nastasic is very average, hes only 21 so he might develop into a decent centre back given time but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into next season with just Rekik and Nastasic as cover.

Benatia would be my first choice but I could see Mangala and Kompany making a great partnership.

greasedupdeafguy said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
BlueAnorak said:
I have watched him a few times since January and I have to say he's very good but makes some almighty cock ups.
Fernando is amazing but Mangala is more like David Luiz than Vincent Kompany, The reputed €45m (£37.8m) buy-out clause is DEFINITELY far too much for him
Frankly I think Nastasic is the steadier player. I'd rather we kept Nastasic and brought Karim Rekik into the first team to play in the LC and occasional first team games.

This
Sorry but for me Nastasic is very average, hes only 21 so he might develop into a decent centre back given time but I wouldn't feel comfortable going into next season with just Rekik and Nastasic as cover.

Benatia would be my first choice but I could see Mangala and Kompany making a great partnership.

Rekik might not just be cover, I'd wager we'd have a massive thread on the 19 year old who went on loan to PSV and ended up as captain and got a place in the Dutch national side if he wasn't already our player !

greasedupdeafguy said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
BlueAnorak said:

This

Nastasic had a great first season. Looks like he'd suit Mancini's contained style of defending far more than Pellegrini's front foot style though. He's hopefully young enough to adapt at City, but if he were to move back to the continent (particularly Italy) he'll look world class in no time.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Ray78 said:
I am not liking his lack of enthusiasm in wanting to join City but if he does sign for us then then there will be time for to win me over.

Worse still his lack of class - City should know from the Isco and Hazard experiences its time to tell this guy to f*ck off .... He's not even a proven top player for christs sake, who does he think he is!!!
I'm sorry, but how on earth is saying that you prefer the idea of London to Manchester lacking class? He didn't say Manchester was a dump, or anything remotely about Manchester, he merely gave the fairly common view that London is a fantastic place to live. People need to be toughen up a bit, taking offence to someone saying they like London is bordering on pathetic

BigOscar said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Ray78 said:

I'm sorry, but how on earth is saying that you prefer the idea of London to Manchester lacking class? He didn't say Manchester was a dump, or anything remotely about Manchester, he merely gave the fairly common view that London is a fantastic place to live. People need to be toughen up a bit, taking offence to someone saying they like London is bordering on pathetic

Why the f*ck is he saying this then knowing full well we are negotiating with Porto to sign him? - To me its a lack of class to come out with such a statement, it stinks of someone who thinks he's bigger than he is ....

To be honest mangala is very raw but he has all the attributes to force a rock solid partnership with vinny.He reminds me of a young sol cambell physical quick but a bit clumsy its a bit of a gamble but he has all the attributes.

TrueBlue1705 said:
BigOscar said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Why the f*ck is he saying this then knowing full well we are negotiating with Porto to sign him? - To me its a lack of class to come out with such a statement, it stinks of someone who thinks he's bigger than he is ....
I'm sorry, but what are you expecting him to say? He's not our player, he is under absolutely no obligation to tow the company line. He was asked for an opinion and he gave one, an entriely reasonable one that was in absolutely no way offensive to us as a club. Thank fuck no one records everything any of us say and takes such offence to such minor comments.

TrueBlue1705 said:
BigOscar said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

Erm, maybe we're not

Lord BLue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
BigOscar said:

Erm, maybe we're not

Then in this case it would make sense - but as I understand it has he not already acknoweldged that we were negotiating with Porto for him and stated we hadn't been able to agree a fee, whilst at the same time stating his preference for a London club....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.