Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

I’m in two minds about him

I genuinely think he can advance human mankind and pushes boundaries like no one else can. His space exploration stuff is astonishing , same for his EV.

Equally though, I fear he has deliberately or not chosen to go down the right wing path, I’ve notice a lot of anti vaccine stuff his swaying and anti Biden - and that sits uncomfortably with me

Genuinely want him to do good. He has the power too

Lot of reasons for Intel's woes.

The desktop CPU market is harsh right now. It boomed during the Ryzen years. But it's hard to argue the people who bought 9 series Intel or 5xxx Ryzens (or later) need a new CPU for gaming. Another slight problem is that DDR5 - which would be essential for most people to consider upgrading adds considerably to the cost of manufacturing the motherboard. I paid £60 for 16GB DDR3 and £45 for an ex-demo B85 when I got my 4790k, £260. The DDR 4 equivalent B660 £100+ - but it's useless because it can't deliver enough power to Raptor Lake. The DDR4 board I'd need is £150. The DDR5 equivalent is £200. Add in 32GB, and even a basic Board/RAM combo, is now as much as the CPU I'd want. £550 total purchase price now vs £350 then. And that's not the end of it for Intel - those I7s sell at half the margin they did five, six years ago.

Also got to note how the ARC GPU range flopped - that cost a lot of money - it's still an important strategy for Intel to have big GPUs available.

There's a lot more to Intel's woes than Desktop, but it is a market where all the players are reporting slowdown. AMD have inventory piled up. At least one of the four big NAND chip (NVME/SSD) manufacturers is likely to run into significant problems. Nvidia's Desktop and AMD's GPU Division are all over the shop, £1000 cards, tiny margins, making it a very niche market right now.
I’ve just read this four times and I still haven’t got a fucking clue what I’m reading.

I’ve just read this four times and I still haven’t got a fucking clue what I’m reading.

Intel, one of the people who make the insides of computers sometimes get their product design and marketing right and sometimes get it wrong. At the moment it's probably not right relative to market needs.

One of the bits inside the computer is the graphics card which makes games etc look whizzy. Intel spent a load of dosh developing some of those bits but people have preferred to stick with the other two main companies who make them. This hasn't helped them.

Though it's not the only reason Intel are struggling, overall the market for PC parts is quite messed up for a variety of reasons and one of the big companies who make stuff like that might find themselves in trouble soon.

(Just on the 1% chance that you did actually care :-) )

I’m in two minds about him

I genuinely think he can advance human mankind and pushes boundaries like no one else can. His space exploration stuff is astonishing , same for his EV.

Equally though, I fear he has deliberately or not chosen to go down the right wing path, I’ve notice a lot of anti vaccine stuff his swaying and anti Biden - and that sits uncomfortably with me

Genuinely want him to do good. He has the power too
You give Elon far too much credit.

They guy made some lucky investments and is fabulously wealthy. He's not a visionary genius, nor is he an able businessman.

He's got a bit of stage presence and can seem to be impressive - I'll give you that.

Yet many of his investments are shit - as are most of his ideas (look at the first few posts I made at the top of this thread).

Musk's biggest flaw though - is that he's entirely lacking in empathy.

You give Elon far too much credit.

They guy made some lucky investments and is fabulously wealthy.
He's not a visionary genius, nor is he an able businessman.

He's got a bit of stage presence and can seem to be impressive - I'll give you that.

Yet many of his investments are shit - as are most of his ideas (look at the first few posts I made at the top of this thread).

Musk's biggest flaw though - is that he's entirely lacking in empathy.

Not quite, In his early days when he seemed to have a vision his goals did all lead to one thing. Mars, while it was a lofty goal and unrealistic in its time scales( and there’s a whole world of difference between a colony And a self sufficient colony, most debunking videos aim at the latter. And we are probably hundreds of years from that. ) , you can see all his investments were for that target. From Solar panels, EV’s, space X, Star link, the boreing company, All created towards a single goal of setting up a Mars colony.

Ever since he moved away from those core goals he’s nose dived into utter bellendary, his investments became more and more random, seemed to start with that random flame thrower thing and hyper loop, the robot one is jus utter bollocks.

Neuralink seems to be an interesting one that thankfully he seems to just have dumped money into and let the clever people so there thing.

And Twitter is just ego madness. He’s tainted any good he did long ago.

Last edited:
Tesla almost doubled in 5 weeks, sure it was after a 70+ % drop, but some it would have surprised a few writing them off.

Just need him to buy NHFC and do a Franny Lee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.