Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Youtube has gone the same way. Even before you watch a video there are 2 adverts. Halfway through the video there is another advert. There isn’t a social media platform that isn’t full of adverts anymore. TBF, Instagram isn’t bad.

Youtube has gone the same way. Even before you watch a video there are 2 adverts. Halfway through the video there is another advert. There isn’t a social media platform that isn’t full of adverts anymore. TBF, Instagram isn’t bad.
At least ad blockers work on Youtube. On Facebook, they don't have adverts, they have sponsored posts. It's not so much adverts that piss me off, but those mountains of posts that you "might like." On Instagram it doesn't bother me so much, because it's mainly sexy dancing ladies.

Facebook is a disgrace these days never post on it, all I see are adverts never anything from my friends or family. Has to be dying now as a platform.
I’ve started to hate Facebook. I had to mute someone because, as an insomniac, she must have shared twenty memes over seven hours which meant scrolling through crap before I could find something interesting.

A mate of mine is seriously ill and he’s updating as and when as is his fiancée. I don’t want to miss anything.

I’ve started to hate Facebook. I had to mute someone because, as an insomniac, she must have shared twenty memes over seven hours which meant scrolling through crap before I could find something interesting.

A mate of mine is seriously ill and he’s updating as and when as is his fiancée. I don’t want to miss anything.

You miss nothing when you quit

Tell your mate you want to stay in contact as his on your thoughts etc - message or phone call means a lot more

When Facebook started to become extremely popular - 2012 or so? - I excitedly opened an account.

Next thing - all sorts of alerts started appearing on my phone - and my email account was deluged with message spam.

Every single time any one of my "friends" posted anything - bam! - phone text and email message.

WTF?

I attempted to curtail all of this notification shit with mixed success.

Eventually I simply deleted my Facebook account.

Facebook isn't a platform designed to make exchange between you and your friends convenient - rather it's a platform designed to make as much money as possible - and by the way of accident - it's a social media platform too.
===
Dump Facebook. Dump Twitter.

There's got to be much better alternatives to social media.

When Facebook started to become extremely popular - 2012 or so? - I excitedly opened an account.

Next thing - all sorts of alerts started appearing on my phone - and my email account was deluged with message spam.

Every single time any one of my "friends" posted anything - bam! - phone text and email message.

WTF?

I attempted to curtail all of this notification shit with mixed success.

Eventually I simply deleted my Facebook account.

Facebook isn't a platform designed to make exchange between you and your friends convenient - rather it's a platform designed to make as much money as possible - and by the way of accident - it's a social media platform too.
===
Dump Facebook. Dump Twitter.

There's got to be much better alternatives to social media.

If you code it... they will come.

If you code it... they will come.
Not necessarily.

Facebook however - was so attractive - enabling communication with your friends and like-minded individuals that most Facebook users either forgave their excesses or actually liked all the notifications/email spam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.