Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

100 % Right.

Where all the Sheeple go for their daily brain washing and disinformation. Where narratives on huge geo-political events were being decided by a select few compromised individuals.

Literally posters were insta-banned for having alternative opinions. Spreading truth, especially during Covid.

It had become an Echo chamber for the far Left "woke" unhinged and gullible.

You only need to look over there now at how hysterical they are all getting because Musk dare break up the Status Quo/Far Left Woke Monopoly of the Site.

I am undecided on Elon Musk .Got to say though he is an epic Troll, and he has the Woke eating Carpet right now.

Definitely sounds like someone who recognises the dangers of brainwashing and echo chambers and avoids them at all costs.

Nurse!

Me and my Mrs have come off twitter last few weeks and it's been difficult not having the gossip angle on stuff, and missing the fun stuff. But all that shit about City, about trump, the govn, the poison and hate, none of it exists outside of twitter, for us anyway. We've gone back to consuming the main news on tv for keeping up to date on sports and current affairs, and it's been lovely.

With regards to Musk... if he can make it less divisive and toxic then good on him, but I think he's wasted his money on a campaign tool.

This forum hasn't got a substantial world-wide reach

Scandalously this is both

(a) factually correct and given the quality of content herein, therefore

(b) a damning indictment of Ric's lack of ambition and entrepreneurial zeal. I know this forum has a number of strong and stable geniuses who could lead us to the promised land but doubtless they are being surpressed by sinister forces.

Saddens me, think I might have to investigate/join one of those new mastobate servers everyone is on about.

Me and my Mrs have come off twitter last few weeks and it's been difficult not having the gossip angle on stuff, and missing the fun stuff. But all that shit about City, about trump, the govn, the poison and hate, none of it exists outside of twitter, for us anyway. We've gone back to consuming the main news on tv for keeping up to date on sports and current affairs, and it's been lovely.

With regards to Musk... if he can make it less divisive and toxic then good on him, but I think he's wasted his money on a campaign tool.
I'm no expert on Twitter. In fact, I generally avoid social media like the plague. However, I can certainly identify with what you describe. Indeed, even time spent on this site is sometimes like disappearing down a rabbit hole!
On the thorny issue of Mr Musk, he and his ilk - Trump being the obvious example - thrive on chaos. With this in mind, I strongly believe his aim is quite the opposite. Given Musk's well documented libertarian leanings, I expect him to actually reduce the level of moderation applied to posts in the interests of what he would no doubt describe as unfettered free speech. Freedom of expression with no constraints will of course give free rein to every hateful right-wing nutjob and dim-witted conspiracy theorist to spout their bile with absolute impunity. While we might ridicule Musk as a comical would-be Bond villain, he now wields enormous power, particularly given the 'cult of personality' which has developed around him. All this leaves me fearful for the future.

Last edited:

It would certainly be interesting to see how the media thread on here would change should Twitter die. It’s hugely toxic and defensive at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.