Empty Seats - Away this time

This doesn’t explain how Hajduk Split and Dynamo Dresden fans get tickets or how fans of the home team get tickets in our away end. These aren’t players’ mates.

These are from foreign tour and tout companies that City dish out and sell for £150-300 a pop.

Wembley for Spurs the weekend we won the league in 2018, there was an American woman and her kid next to my mate and she’d paid $300 for her ticket (can’t remember how much her son’s was). When my mate told her he paid £30 you should have seen her face!

Like I’ve said, there was a documentary on a few years back showing that record companies do it for concerts and there’s no way football clubs aren’t doing the same thing.

Theres this one.

And this one.

Both a very interesting watch.

Utter nonesense. Those trying to drive up hate of those with high points is generally as they only want to go to certain fashionable aways with the crypto facist agenda to get rid of points the driver.

United's ballot is vastly skewed towards their loyalty pot members getting most of the tickets, not like 30% that go to points at Bournemoluth and Old Trafford for City aways.

Oh dear I wondered when you would pop up to back your chum and indeed he backs you coincidentally on this post. Perhaps I should have gone to the University where students live off toast and hide in toilets so I could understand the mumbo jumbo of 'those trying to drive up hate of those with high points is generally as they only want to go to certain fashionable aways with the crypto facist agenda to get rid of points the driver' whatever that is supposed to mean and to whom it is supposed to refer.
Crypto-fascists - dear oh dear oh dear. Give us a break.
I am off to bed with a chuckle - that's a laugh not one of the Nevilles. Crypto-fascists indeed.

Oh dear I wondered when you would pop up to back your chum and indeed he backs you coincidentally on this post. Perhaps I should have gone to the University where students live off toast and hide in toilets so I could understand the mumbo jumbo of 'those trying to drive up hate of those with high points is generally as they only want to go to certain fashionable aways with the crypto facist agenda to get rid of points the driver' whatever that is supposed to mean and to whom it is supposed to refer.
I am off to bed with a chuckle - that's a laugh not one of the Nevilles. Crypto-fascists indeed.

It isn't hard to understand, big business steam rolling the common man to make more money and those pretending to represent fans siding with the big business and the pretence of representation.

The poor fans they prestend to represnt who could never afford to go, who can suddenly afford to go now it is fashionable, used as the excuse. Maybe decimation of season ticket holders every season would be good every couple of seasons to keep the others keen? They are only there as they can afford it the 'Tories', how dare they get preference for the big games.

This crusade against 'high pointers' which seems to have expanded recently to include what I would call mid pointers like myself is getting a bit surreal. I've never gone to all the away games in a season and some seasons I've only gone to a couple depending on circumstances. Yet now because I've maintained my season ticket since points started, done the cup games and a reasonable amount of away games overall I'm a rich tory apparently! I've never been anything other than skint and would rather get shot than vote tory and I'd hazard a guess that's there are more tories amongst the new whingers than amongst mid or high pointers. The alternative view from some moaners is that I must be a points whore, because apparently it's doubtful that I would want to go to multiple away games myself over multiple seasons.

I saw the usual sarcastic replies to supporter services on twitter when the Norwich game first went on sale about how people had no chance and the same people always get to go. These moaners were nowhere to be seen when the criteria dropped down as far as 8k.

It's getting really tedious now but I'll say one more time. There are plenty of opportunities to go to plenty of away games. What exactly is the issue?
Like many others I have said I would not be against a rolling points system to give people a chance to catch up but that suggestion is not enough for some people. They want to go to any away game they choose and they want to go This season.

I'd quit now you are embarrassing yourself.

As for your tory jibes, I grew up in a council house in Wythenshawe, wouldn't vote tory if you paid me despite it now meaning I'd be better off.

Last edited:
I'd quit now you are embarrassing yourself.

As for your tory jibes, I grew up in a council house in Wythenshawe, wouldn't vote tory if you paid me despite it now meaning I'd be better off.

Come on, come on, play fair. I have said I am trying to get out of this conversation and you put the final piece in the in the Tory Boy composite jigsaw with 'I were growed up in a council house in Wythenshawe but look how many points I now have'. It's irresistible to ignore. It certainly but my born in a council flat in Gorton to shame.

If you and your chums dislike being compared to a an boastful Tory stop acting like the 'Tory Boy' character.

It isn't hard to understand, big business steam rolling the common man to make more money and those pretending to represent fans siding with the big business and the pretence of representation.

The poor fans they prestend to represnt who could never afford to go, who can suddenly afford to go now it is fashionable, used as the excuse. Maybe decimation of season ticket holders every season would be good every couple of seasons to keep the others keen? They are only there as they can afford it the 'Tories', how dare they get preference for the big games.

Here's me asking to get out of this pointless conversation with people I would ignore in a pub and you and your chums send the overnight dispatches that I do not even understand with or without the typing errors. What do you not understand about me being fed up with this conversation with the boastful and arrogant? Just leave it and me alone and count your points instead of showing you were named after the Viz character and not the one in the Beano/Dandy?

Any further posts on the subject will be ignored by me although I sense your need to have the last word will not stop your posting more.

Here's me asking to get out of this pointless conversation with people I would ignore in a pub and you and your chums send the overnight dispatches that I do not even understand with or without the typing errors. What do you not understand about me being fed up with this conversation with the boastful and arrogant? Just leave it and me alone and count your points instead of showing you were named after the Viz character and not the one in the Beano/Dandy?

Any further posts on the subject will be ignored by me although I sense your need to have the last word will not stop your posting more.
Noooo keep going .....pure entertainment

This crusade against 'high pointers' which seems to have expanded recently to include what I would call mid pointers like myself is getting a bit surreal. I've never gone to all the away games in a season and some seasons I've only gone to a couple depending on circumstances. Yet now because I've maintained my season ticket since points started, done the cup games and a reasonable amount of away games overall I'm a rich tory apparently! I've never been anything other than skint and would rather get shot than vote tory and I'd hazard a guess that's there are more tories amongst the new whingers than amongst mid or high pointers. The alternative view from some moaners is that I must be a points whore, because apparently it's doubtful that I would want to go to multiple away games myself over multiple seasons.

I saw the usual sarcastic replies to supporter services on twitter when the Norwich game first went on sale about how people had no chance and the same people always get to go. These moaners were nowhere to be seen when the criteria dropped down as far as 8k.

It's getting really tedious now but I'll say one more time. There are plenty of opportunities to go to plenty of away games. What exactly is the issue?
Like many others I have said I would not be against a rolling points system to give people a chance to catch up but that suggestion is not enough for some people. They want to go to any away game they choose and they want to go This season.

It was a crusade against Supporters clubs a while back, do not feel persecuted. It is blue moon everyone gets attacked at some point.

It was a crusade against Supporters clubs a while back, do not feel persecuted. It is blue moon everyone gets attacked at some point.

Oh I don't feel persecuted. I just think it's bizarre! The main reason fewer tickets are available is the amount that go to corporate and agencies these days yet supporters who have just gone about their business of going to away games over the last 5, 10 or 20 years are dismissed as point whores and selfish tories. Whether that's by city matters reps or random oddballs it's just not in line with reality and allows the practice of corporates and agencies hoovering up the extra tickets to continue unchallenged

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.