End of the world

When I used to go out with the girl behind the bar in an Eccles pub, there was a girl about the same age (19ish) who clearly had special needs who used to come in. Long flowery skirt, white socks, trainers, big girl. She used to talk to me and my girlfriend often because other people in the boozer thought she was a bit of a nuisance. She was to be fair but when you're in the early stages of seeing someone, nothing seems too serious.

Then, I arranged a weekend in Blackpool with a few mates. I was talking about it midweek when this girl walked in, only catching the end of the conversation. "Are you going away for the weekend?" I said I was and told her where. "I love Blackpool". I thought she clearly knew I was pissing about when I said "Come in here then about 5 on Friday and I'll take you for a weekend away - Kelly won't mind", given that I was giggling and winking at my girlfriend as I said it.

The lads and I set off about 4 and had a decent weekend. When I returned, Kelly informed me that the girl had turned up at about 4:45, bag packed and full of excitement. I've never been able to shift the thought of her packing her bag and telling her parents who she lived with that she'd met someone who was taking her away - them trying to convince her not to go to the pub and then her sad return home.

I've even just sat for a few seconds thinking whether to delete this.

When I used to go out with the girl behind the bar in an Eccles pub, there was a girl about the same age (19ish) who clearly had special needs who used to come in. Long flowery skirt, white socks, trainers, big girl. She used to talk to me and my girlfriend often because other people in the boozer thought she was a bit of a nuisance. She was to be fair but when you're in the early stages of seeing someone, nothing seems too serious.

Then, I arranged a weekend in Blackpool with a few mates. I was talking about it midweek when this girl walked in, only catching the end of the conversation. "Are you going away for the weekend?" I said I was and told her where. "I love Blackpool". I thought she clearly knew I was pissing about when I said "Come in here then about 5 on Friday and I'll take you for a weekend away - Kelly won't mind", given that I was giggling and winking at my girlfriend as I said it.

The lads and I set off about 4 and had a decent weekend. When I returned, Kelly informed me that the girl had turned up at about 4:45, bag packed and full of excitement. I've never been able to shift the thought of her packing her bag and telling her parents who she lived with that she'd met someone who was taking her away - them trying to convince her not to go to the pub and then her sad return home.

Took a lot to share that. Good in you. You shouldnt feel guilty for that. Poor girl though.

May your soul burn in hell for an eternity! I chose a very forum friendly one as I’m sure we’d all be banned if we wrote our worst confessions..

Thanks for your honesty but in truth it made me feel sick. The poor girl who only wanted to be liked. You should be grateful one of her family did not put you in hospital

Thanks for your honesty but in truth it made me feel sick. The poor girl who only wanted to be liked. You should be grateful one of her family did not put you in hospital
I know, I know. Had her Dad or brother visited the pub and laid one on me, I honestly would've deserved it. I was 19 and full of beans, just pissing about and enjoying life. If I could go back now, I'd change it.

In later life, I've always tried to be nicer to people like her that I've come across. There was a bloke at my work who packed cheesecakes in a full suit and tie. He roams the streets with a "Big 'W'" holdall and a can of ale when he's not working. When I see him, I always have a chat and have given him lifts a number of times. I saved him from the sack a couple of times when I worked in HR.

I've been out on nights out a few times with my missus when we've bumped into him and I always invite him over for a chat, much to the missus' chagrin. She often says that I go out of my way to befriend people such as John. I often wonder if I'm subconsciously trying to right the wrongs from that pub in Eccles.

I know, I know. Had her Dad or brother visited the pub and laid one on me, I honestly would've deserved it. I was 19 and full of beans, just pissing about and enjoying life. If I could go back now, I'd change it.

In later life, I've always tried to be nicer to people like her that I've come across. There was a bloke at my work who packed cheesecakes in a full suit and tie. He roams the streets with a "Big 'W'" holdall and a can of ale when he's not working. When I see him, I always have a chat and have given him lifts a number of times. I saved him from the sack a couple of times when I worked in HR.

I've been out on nights out a few times with my missus when we've bumped into him and I always invite him over for a chat, much to the missus' chagrin. She often says that I go out of my way to befriend people such as John. I often wonder if I'm subconsciously trying to right the wrongs from that pub in Eccles.
It’s made you a better person and as AlgarveBlu says we have all done things which most of us don’t have the bottle to post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.