Ending a rental contract early

Walk out, leave the keys and inform them via email or recorded delivery letter your reasons for leaving and that, if they wish to pursue the remainder of your contract, you look forward to having that settled by a judge in the Small Claims Court, where all your previously documented evidence will be presented.
Plus that contract seems unenforceable and unfair to me.

Walk out, leave the keys and inform them via email or recorded delivery letter your reasons for leaving and that, if they wish to pursue the remainder of your contract, you look forward to having that settled by a judge in the Small Claims Court, where all your previously documented evidence will be presented.
Sounds like a plan. I did something similar with 2 tenants in one of our flats on Salford Quays, they were 2 contractors
1 of which had finished his contract and the other one couldn't afford to carry on. I cut my losses and let him leave, leaving his deposit....he duly left on good terms and I rented the flat out a few days later, winners all round. Whether or not Thornley Groves act as I did remains to be seen allowing for the fact that agreements and contracts have changed since then.

"Thank you for your email about a request of the break of contract. You are in fixed contract till 3/2/2025.

According to the clause 4.5.1 of the tenancy agreement, should you wish to vacate the property before the end of the fixed term, you should be responsible for the re-let fee, rent and other obligations including council tax and utilities until new tenant move in if the landlord agrees with the termination of the tenancy.

The lift and communal area are managed by the building management, unfortunately neither we or your landlord are able to rectify these issues directly but do continue to chase repairs alongside you when they are reported and can confirm that we have forwarded your previous emails for the building management to follow up.

Building management advised the lift is being vandalised on a regular basis and to limit this from happening in the future they have asked for a vandal proof camera to be installed in the lift and also a camera outside the lift room where homeless people are sleeping as building management were told they are vandalising the lift. The fob entry system is also in action now. They turned off code entry to further limit unauthorised access to the building. Hopefully residents will not let unauthorised people into the building moving forward. Whilst i understand that this is frustrating for you we can see that building management are showing that they are trying to rectify the situation.

For the property items you detailed, the leak from another apartment within your building which affected several units below caused the water marks on the ceiling and the broken down of the ceiling lights

· We can confirm that the contractor had difficulty to access the riser cupboard at the communal area to fix the light issue because at that time there was no concierge service.
· For the redecoration, we will continue to follow up with building management and landlord and get back to you asap.
· The delivery of the bedbase was postponed because of the lift was broken and there is very little we can do but to keep tracking with the building management.

If the scratches on the wall was from former tenant and not by yourself, you will not be penalised when your tenancy ends, we have added a copy of this email to your tenancy.

I have forwarded the below message to my team leader and copied her in to see if there is anything we can do in relation to the fees which you agreed to on your tenancy agreement and have .

However, we do not recommend you to start viewing other properties until an agreement has been reached with the landlord."

This is what I've been emailed today (I was sleeping, started work at half nine, so had to get some kip.)

I've seen some of what's been said in the thread, I'm a bit intimidated tbh, never spoke with a solicitor before and such, as for just leaving, would that not end up coming back to bite me on the arse if I'm sued or whatever? I can't really afford to go to court.

But yeah, seems like they want me to pay for the flat til someone else moves in.

"Thank you for your email about a request of the break of contract. You are in fixed contract till 3/2/2025.

According to the clause 4.5.1 of the tenancy agreement, should you wish to vacate the property before the end of the fixed term, you should be responsible for the re-let fee, rent and other obligations including council tax and utilities until new tenant move in if the landlord agrees with the termination of the tenancy.

The lift and communal area are managed by the building management, unfortunately neither we or your landlord are able to rectify these issues directly but do continue to chase repairs alongside you when they are reported and can confirm that we have forwarded your previous emails for the building management to follow up.

Building management advised the lift is being vandalised on a regular basis and to limit this from happening in the future they have asked for a vandal proof camera to be installed in the lift and also a camera outside the lift room where homeless people are sleeping as building management were told they are vandalising the lift. The fob entry system is also in action now. They turned off code entry to further limit unauthorised access to the building. Hopefully residents will not let unauthorised people into the building moving forward. Whilst i understand that this is frustrating for you we can see that building management are showing that they are trying to rectify the situation.

For the property items you detailed, the leak from another apartment within your building which affected several units below caused the water marks on the ceiling and the broken down of the ceiling lights

· We can confirm that the contractor had difficulty to access the riser cupboard at the communal area to fix the light issue because at that time there was no concierge service.
· For the redecoration, we will continue to follow up with building management and landlord and get back to you asap.
· The delivery of the bedbase was postponed because of the lift was broken and there is very little we can do but to keep tracking with the building management.

If the scratches on the wall was from former tenant and not by yourself, you will not be penalised when your tenancy ends, we have added a copy of this email to your tenancy.

I have forwarded the below message to my team leader and copied her in to see if there is anything we can do in relation to the fees which you agreed to on your tenancy agreement and have .

However, we do not recommend you to start viewing other properties until an agreement has been reached with the landlord."

This is what I've been emailed today (I was sleeping, started work at half nine, so had to get some kip.)

I've seen some of what's been said in the thread, I'm a bit intimidated tbh, never spoke with a solicitor before and such, as for just leaving, would that not end up coming back to bite me on the arse if I'm sued or whatever? I can't really afford to go to court.

But yeah, seems like they want me to pay for the flat til someone else moves in.
Standard tenancy contract terms everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.