Energy companies and direct debits

I still haven't been contacted by my new supplier Octopus after Avro went bust. Just an email but no account details yet.

Anyone else?
I rang them last week and they picked up the call within five minutes. Chatted with a lady concerning our direct debits and she allowed me to pick a figure we were comfy with based on previous consumption.

We were overpaying with Avro at a ton a month, but only as a saving plan and our real direct debit should have been £70. We agreed to leave it at £100 and to start paying on the 1st of December.

We are still awaiting the official receivers to finalise our Avro account and transfer our money to Octopus but understand they're incredibly busy.

You can set up your account on the online portal if you wish in order to provide future readings or circumvent their telephone call system.

Octopus seem like a good outfit albeit 50% more expensive then Avro .. but it is what it is.

Bulb gone this afternoon.
No company could take them over - too big, so being taken over by the govt!

Bulb gone this afternoon.
No company could take them over - too big, so being taken over by the govt!

good

Causing me nothing but trouble that lot.

Claimed i've used over £1200 more in electricity for a small 2 bedroom flat.

Apparently in the spring whilst i was working back in the office i used more electricity!

heres hoping whoever takes on bulbs customers they are much better

I've been dealing with Bulb for around nine months. Opening read Feb 21 = 48860. Closing read August 21 = 48860.

Please stop sending new bills based on estimated readings. The property was unoccupied. The electricity was switched off - you know this because you reconnected it when you fitted a new meter in August 21. Please put the bill in the company name, not my own name.

Same for the gas readings. Property was unoccupied, so stop trying to charge estimated usage. I've sent regular photos of both meters that back up what I'm saying.

I finally get someone that appears to understand, last week, and they go bust on me.

We’re with bulb and £257 in credit !! Don’t know how this will pan out .
just checked £496 in credit :/ my own fault for not keeping an eye on it I guess. As I understand it, "someone" will be appointed to run the company as a going concern as it has too many customers to be absorbed by the big 6. Shortfall in funding will be covered by HMG so I'd like to thank all of you who will for the foreseeable be contributing to my energy costs via your tax £ :)

Just to add, I've never had a problem with them, easy to deal with and, as I've just found out, easy to amend payment amounts

just checked £496 in credit :/ my own fault for not keeping an eye on it I guess. As I understand it, "someone" will be appointed to run the company as a going concern as it has too many customers to be absorbed by the big 6. Shortfall in funding will be covered by HMG so I'd like to thank all of you who will for the foreseeable be contributing to my energy costs via your tax £ :)

Just to add, I've never had a problem with them, easy to deal with and, as I've just found out, easy to amend payment amounts
Just had an email off Bulb confirming that they have now gone.
Shame really as, unlike some other posters, I think they were brilliant.
Got my credit off them 2 weeks ago, just in case.
Great company with fantastic service.

Just had an email off Bulb confirming that they have now gone.
Shame really as, unlike some other posters, I think they were brilliant.
Got my credit off them 2 weeks ago, just in case.
Great company with fantastic service.
Same here, email just came.

But they technically haven't gone, just become state supported until they can be sold at a later date.

I will wait before panic switching to see how it is paning out

Yes mate I always found extremely easy to deal with.A great shame there going . Heart goes out to the majority of 1,000 who have lost their jobs. Same as your self we’ve read the credit we’re in will be safe under the government admin scheme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.